Rexxie

Rex & Ziddy's CoC - A Lewd New Years

Rex and Zid I once again ask for your opinions...

Bulldog in a battle tier 8 match, should I begin to think my gun is as important as my 'eyes'?  When I am absolutely low tiered, I do try to light for the big guns behind me (then play clean up), but when MM throws me in the middle, am I wasting my strengths (very loosely defined) just playing the spotting game and not engaging?  Should I engage more targets as my gun is significantly more useful than in higher tiered battles?  I may be playing it wrong, but in those rare instances that I am high tiered, I go for broke, damaging everything I can see.  Just not as sure in the middle.  I know there is a lot of makeup dependencies, just looking for your general rule of thumb.

As always, the confused fat old man appreciates your wisdom.

Oh yeah, thanks for your prior advice, here and on the battle field.

I'll be honest, as any scout, your gun is almost always just as if not more important than your eyes. Keeping your gun in play (and yourself alive) is, the majority of the time, better than trying to spot - especially if you aren't aware when and on what maps spotting actually matters. On most maps, scouting is irrelevant or quickly becomes that way after the initial stages of the match. I'm not saying spotting can't win a game, definitely not - but it's situational. You can't just go into most matches with the intent of playing like a scout. It's bad to think of your tank like that - first and foremost, you're a light tank, not a scout.

Dealing damage as a scout is valuable, even if you can't manage to do as much as you would be able to do in a medium or heavy of the appropriate tier. Since you're being matched up with other scouts (i.e if you're in a match, the guy across the list from you on the enemy team is also in a scout) who will likely do little to no damage, it's very easy to go way above and beyond what's expected from you. If you're in a medium and deal 2400 damage while the other medium pulled 2000, you haven't accomplished much more than him - but if you're in a light and deal 1500 while the other light did 300, you've made a much larger impact than the matchmaker was expecting from you, likely helping you win more often.

Beyond that, a lot of scouting is risky, which is particularly bad since light tanks get much more powerful as the game draws to a close. I cant tell you the number of matches I could of won if I just had one decent light tank player on my team to go flank a wounded medium, cap the base, defend, kill arty, etc. The mobility advantage gets exponentially better as the number of opponents thin out. If you die before this happens, a lot of that is wasted.

I cant tell you the number of matches I could of won if I just had one decent light tank player on my team to go flank a wounded medium, cap the base, defend, kill arty, etc.

But Rexxie, light tanks are useless. owo