Rexxie

Rex & Ziddy's CoC - A Lewd New Years

Some new toys:

• 113 (China) for 3,050,000 credits
  • Waffenträger auf E 100 (Germany) for 3,050,000 credits

• AMX 50 B (France) for 3,050,000 credits

For a Total of 9,150,000 credits

Please respond to this ticket with confirmation that you wish to swap 9,150,000 credits (the amount you received when the tank was originally sold) in exchange for your requested vehicle.

I am excited to try out the 113 most of all, but I dont know if I'll put much time into the Waffen before it's switched over. Kudos to the people who voted for the 113 in my status update. The 50B was also recommended by Ziddy, so I got that too. I think it will be a nice addition, but I'm not as confident about my ability to pull out the 50B's inner beast. I'll certainly try!

The few games I tried the 113 on the test server, I basically played it like a medium. Seemed to work out well enough. Basically like a chubby 62a with a derpier gun and hull armor.

The problem with the 50B is the complete lack of armor.  It's such a slut, it accepts all incoming rounds.  Gotta snipe snipe snipe.

1 hour ago, cpraf104 said:

The few games I tried the 113 on the test server, I basically played it like a medium. Seemed to work out well enough. Basically like a chubby 62a with a derpier gun and hull armor.

Yeah, I was really impressed by the mobility. The gun feels the same, but I can definitely tell the 113 is more mobile than it used to be. On the other hand that brings up comparisons to the armored hovermeds, and I'm not sure it's a favorable one. I think all the workings of a balanced heavy are there, the only thing it has a problem with are its modules. Lower plate is incredibly prone to bursting into flames, and shots through your thin sides pop your ammorack.

It doesn't deserve to have to deal with that kind of issue, there's no balance reason why it needs frontal fuel tanks.

24 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Rexxie, I recommend platooning with Crab to learn 50B play. He's ridiculously good at the tactical shit.

Aye, I'm a very bad student though. I've started to get the hang of it a little more, but it's hard. You give me a heavy and tell me not to hold W until I'm 1v5ing IS-7s, and then you give me mobility but tell me not to play footsies with mediums. It goes against everything I hold dear!

Cuni suggested I stop trying to create situations in which I outplay people, but instead capitalize on other peoples' mistakes. That has worked out much better, although I still struggle at times to come to terms with the fact that the right answer isn't to drive straight into a brawl.

With that said, I've just got out of this game where I held off and was able to have some fun because of it. Mostly because I got to sandwich an E5 between myself and a 50M for 600 some HP, which is basically my fetish.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2667660#overlord-rexxie-amx_50_b

First IS-2B match, mastery:

Bqh2oTM.jpg

Went north on Sacred Valley, had to fight a KV-85, KV-2, KV-1, Chi-Ri, Ram, and Skoda T25 in a knife fight, including four of them at once while surrounding me. A Comet was with me when we started, but after I killed a couple tanks he got eaten alive. Beat them all.

I'd rather have won the entire match, but when you solo the north against half a team and your south swarm still manages to get crushed, there's not a whole lot you could do. Limped back to cap with 200 HP and a broken gun and was killed trying to defend.

Balanced tank, comrade.

For a while I really wanted an IS-2B but now I'm not so sure. The buffed 100mm on the Russian IS is actually very serviceable. Better handling, gold, accuracy, and an rof that you can leverage. Nice to actually hit things you aim at. Track shots are cool too. *If only premiums had gun options... 8v(

1 hour ago, Cunicularius said:

For a while I really wanted an IS-2B but now I'm not so sure. The buffed 100mm on the Russian IS is actually very serviceable. Better handling, gold, accuracy, and an rof that you can leverage. Nice to actually hit things you aim at. Track shots are cool too. *If only premiums had gun options... 8v(

Yeah, I heard the 100mm is pretty decent now! Those credits, toh.

Just now, Cunicularius said:

Worth. Besides, the pen is same/better compared to the 122 and 175 is partially effective for the tier anyway.

I meant the credits you get from playing the IS-2B because its a premium, not the credits it cost to run 100mm apcr vs 122mm apcr XD