Jump to content
Rexxie

Rex & Ziddy's CoC - A Lewd New Years

Recommended Posts

Greens are hilarious.  51-53% who are convinced they are true ace tankers and toxic as fuuuck.  They have a lot of time to ping the map too - from 200m away from the red line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What tiers are you playing now? And how are you adapting to the meta? I found myself even more inconsistent than before, where either a match is superdupercum or complete potato, at least for T9/10 (T10 is complete cancer now). Consistency seems be knowing the passive spots for farming, which I never enjoyed...

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kitten said:

What tiers are you playing now?

Tier 8/9 are still my babies!

37 minutes ago, Kitten said:

Consistency seems be knowing the passive spots for farming, which I never enjoyed...

Probably true. Every blue/purple I've met since rejoining the game is either brawling with some god tier heavy like the Chieftain or Defender or chaisniping. Sometimes you'll see them in something else ridiculous 430U and they'll move up, but that's about all. I don't blame them at all though, aggressive play in most tanks and on most maps is suicide.

You can still pull it off with a platoon though. Maybe that's where the fun is? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rexxie said:

You can still pull it off with a platoon though. Maybe that's where the fun is? :)

stares at rex

:smallsmile:

Maybe? Would have to reinstall...

On 7/26/2020 at 9:05 AM, Spartan96 said:

OOF GETTIN DA GANG BACK TOGETHER !

lol i watched some EU friends stream the last crapaign and I still am impressed at how bad most people are at teamplay / calling

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been working on a few slow tank 3-marks lately and it feels so... wrong? It's so counterproductive to winrate. You have to position yourself so that you aren't so useful earlygame that your team springboards off your damage into a stomp, which often means purposely letting the flank slowly die so you can keep cannibalizing it for damage. With TDs you have a (bad) excuse, but it feels especially awful to have to do it in a heavy. Looking forward to being able to go back to normal when I'm done with these.

Anyway, my current grinds in order of enjoyment are the IS-3-II > UDES 14-5 > M4 51> T9 CN TD > Conway. I'd definitely recommend the first two to pretty much anyone, the IS-3-II is a good all-rounder and the UDES's 105mm is incredible at the tier. I'm not getting much time in them though because of Equip 2.0 completely changing LT/TD/HT loadouts. All those improved hardenings and improved rotations aren't going to buy themselves.

I've also got a lot of T8/T9 LTs to grind, but other than the T49 I've found them so unfun. Maybe with the new equipment you can make dedicated passive scouting work, but atm they just feel like bad meds when you have to deal with HESH spamming EBRs beating you to every active spotting location.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was probably one of the fastest uninstalls I have done. WG has managed to make soloplay and high tiers thoroughly unenjoyable and winning is now based on who camps more. How did they screw the game up this badly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 7:55 PM, Rexxie said:

 

Anyway, my current grinds in order of enjoyment are the IS-3-II > UDES 14-5 > M4 51> T9 CN TD > Conway. I'd definitely recommend the first two to pretty much anyone, the IS-3-II is a good all-rounder and the UDES's 105mm is incredible at the tier. I'm not getting much time in them though because of Equip 2.0 completely changing LT/TD/HT loadouts. All those improved hardenings and improved rotations aren't going to buy themselves.

 

IS-3-II interesting reloader heavy

UDES 14-5 - if it were not for some of the premiums this would be a very good medium in tier

M4 51 - there is no need to buy the M4 mle.54, the tier IX is better in tier

WZ-111G FT - I really did not like that thing, far too slow and the gun was way too wonky

Conway - I had an interesting time with this as I went from the big gun to the little gun. In the end although the little gun has way less alpha the better aim time and dispersion values meant I finished the grind using the small gun. What are you using?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arthurwellsley said:

Conway - I had an interesting time with this as I went from the big gun to the little gun. In the end although the little gun has way less alpha the better aim time and dispersion values meant I finished the grind using the small gun. What are you using?

I did the same thing. I tried the big gun for a little bit, but I found the small gun more effective. Maybe I would use the big gun if the Conway wasn't so vulnerable, but as-is I don't think it's worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kitten said:

Well, that was probably one of the fastest uninstalls I have done. WG has managed to make soloplay and high tiers thoroughly unenjoyable and winning is now based on who camps more. How did they screw the game up this badly?

Adapt or die, its honestly the only advice I can give you. Meta has changed a little too much since ~2016-2018.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

Adapt or die, its honestly the only advice I can give you. Meta has changed a little too much since ~2016-2018.

I mean, my numbers in the IS-4 (the only tank I played much) were better than ever, but the WR was shit and even good games (5-6k combined, which happened pretty frequently) never caused me to feel much of anything. Outside of rage and ambivalence and a short moment of fun when tooning with rex I did not enjoy myself. Game is just not fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing the UDES 16 stock grind, a disgusting RNG story in 4 images:

image.png.7d4c037a53764cba8fbbec7165f3ce96.png

image.png.1963b19353626a096b8c3f0d48fc2573.png

image.png.208ad370cffca50b456479594649d722.pngimage.png.3bf155f8ffee6291bb1bcafc5aeee8b9.png

Feel kind of bad because of how grossly lucky this was. Blindshot on an unspotted, capping T54 across the map & out of render.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished farming bots on the SA server.

image.png.1c4f53ae5b67c0b9ecfa08182b710d4d.png

Some quick pointers:

  • Play the Valentine or Pz S.35. Playing unarmored tanks is a trap, bots will not even fire at you if you have armor. ~60% of your battles will be T3 1v1s with 6 bots per side.
     
  • Your goal is to get 1k damage for High Caliber, then either cap for Invader or kill 6 for Top Gun, depending on gamestate. If you're capping, completely stop dealing damage after securing High Caliber. Ally bots will not cap & take invader if they still have targets to kill.
     
  • When fighting an unarmored player tank, take the opposite lane that you expect them to go towards. Let them take damage from bots as you farm that lane, then go kill them.
     
  • When fighting an armored tank, immediately engage them. They will not take any attrition damage & the longer you let them live the more likely they will take High Caliber from you.
     
  • Dangerous player opponents are the T-29, Pz S35, or other Valentines. You should be able to beat them all in a fair fight. Everything else will always lose to you.
     
  • Dangerous bot opponents are the Valentine and Type 91 heavy. The Type 91 in particular will HE spam you. Try not to engage players around them. Most other bots will not even fire at you.
     
  • Easiest map is Himmelsdorf, you should never lose. Hardest is Mines. You should still never lose.
     
  • If you get uptiered or put into a match with more than 2 or 3 real players per side, drive up the middle. You want to win, but there's no easy way to get medals in "real" matches with the Valentine's terrible damage output and mobility. Just do your best to secure the win as you die.

I wasn't expecting to be able to finish this in less than 150 games. If I only played my Valentine I could have done this in ~100, but it took me 30 games or so to figure out how the bots work & I got impatient waiting for the Valentine to get out of matches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Finished farming bots on the SA server.

image.png.1c4f53ae5b67c0b9ecfa08182b710d4d.png

Some quick pointers:

  • Play the Valentine or Pz S.35. Playing unarmored tanks is a trap, bots will not even fire at you if you have armor. ~60% of your battles will be T3 1v1s with 6 bots per side.
     
  • Your goal is to get 1k damage for High Caliber, then either cap for Invader or kill 6 for Top Gun, depending on gamestate. If you're capping, completely stop dealing damage after securing High Caliber. Ally bots will not cap & take invader if they still have targets to kill.
     
  • When fighting an unarmored player tank, take the opposite lane that you expect them to go towards. Let them take damage from bots as you farm that lane, then go kill them.
     
  • When fighting an armored tank, immediately engage them. They will not take any attrition damage & the longer you let them live the more likely they will take High Caliber from you.
     
  • Dangerous player opponents are the T-29, Pz S35, or other Valentines. You should be able to beat them all in a fair fight. Everything else will always lose to you.
     
  • Dangerous bot opponents are the Valentine and Type 91 heavy. The Type 91 in particular will HE spam you. Try not to engage players around them. Most other bots will not even fire at you.
     
  • Easiest map is Himmelsdorf, you should never lose. Hardest is Mines. You should still never lose.
     
  • If you get uptiered or put into a match with more than 2 or 3 real players per side, drive up the middle. You want to win, but there's no easy way to get medals in "real" matches with the Valentine's terrible damage output and mobility. Just do your best to secure the win as you die.

I wasn't expecting to be able to finish this in less than 150 games. If I only played my Valentine I could have done this in ~100, but it took me 30 games or so to figure out how the bots work & I got impatient waiting for the Valentine to get out of matches.

What were you doing this for?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slowly recovering my stats, I'm just barely back to unicum recents. I'll be back to superuni by the end of the year, but I'm still making stupid mistakes. Bad map reads, autopiloting, that sort of thing. It has been quite the journey though, learned a lot about the new meta over the last couple months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's 3-mark:

 

image.png

What a disappointing way for the KV-1S to end up. This tank was my baby, but wow did it not age well. The only thing propping it up is how broken HEAT still is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It went down to T5 and lost the god 122 a long time back, which you probably remember. It was good at T5 too, basically just a KV-1 with better mobility. Recently they decided that the KV-1S is going to be at T6 again, but with the same cannons it had at T5. It does get some pretty good handling on its derp, but otherwise it's literally just an uptiered T5 tank.

Right now it feels like a dumpster derp Jumbo, but whatever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...