Rexxie

Rex & Ziddy's CoC - A Lewd New Years

Also, with the sale on tier 8 premiums, what should I buy? I already have the IS-6 and was considering the T34 or FCM 50t, but wanted your input.

Buy an FCM 50t. It's the most different from your IS-6, stays fun longer, makes shiploads of credits, and is actually decent.

Buy an FCM 50t. It's the most different from your IS-6, stays fun longer, makes shiploads of credits, and is actually decent.

What equipment? Vents Rammer VStab?

How do you not suck at this game?

I used to be doing quite well but now my WN8 is just going to shit. Having bad games, absolutely terribad RNG (bounced an APCR BL-10 round off an ISU-152 cheek), and my teams have been garbage with pubbies that are now trolling me or drowning themselves at the beginning when they have an unfavorable matchup.

I can feel my stats going to shit and I'm wondering how to keep improving rather than having these awful matchups.

Honestly it might have something to do with not having a x30 zoom mod in this mod pack and a damage announcer so I know what rounds I'm getting hit with. But any input?

Lets start by removing some of the blame - I highly doubt the lack of any mod would create such polarized success.

Secondly, how long has it been since this started? I've gone as long as two weeks of having an absolute miserable time in this game... but in the end it all came down to luck. I'm not sure to what extent you're soloing, but if its a large portion of your games your performance actually might come down to luck. Even over a couple hundred game sample size. Not only that, but getting fucked over by MM or RNG enough times can completely demolish your morale, which further decreases your performance - particularly your analytical ability.

As I said in the thread I linked, when bad performance stats becoming a thing, I change my surroundings/mood/music/other IRL things to either something completely different or to whatever it had been when I was successful. This silly change can actually improve your situation.

Now, moving on to some in-game tips - let me start with the obvious "stop solopubbing" and "stop playing bad tanks". Again, no idea as to the extent you do either of these things, but you might not be connecting bad results to the right problems. If you're sitting there playing the 12t, Foch, and solopubbing T10s... you're going to have a bad time.

Slow down. Don't tab out in the loading screen, don't tab out during countdown, don't just drive forward into your favorite spot ASAP. Knowing the matchups and reading the map are super incredibly wtf important in pub games. If the opposing team has far more mediums than you, you cannot play a forward position. If the opposing team has seven TDs, you cannot commit to an early push where they're likely to have firing lanes on. If your team is a sea of red against a decent opposing force, you need to get shit done as early as possible before they stop dropping like flies. Things like that. If you can afford it, stay far back until the lines have been drawn and then exploit openings.

Lastly, and this is more for the sake of your sanity, don't watch matches after you've died. Just leave. You've got nothing left to learn from watching red/yellow/green players derp around and lose you a hard-earned match, and god help you if one of them starts trying to communicate with you.

<3 Rex

I've already asked Viktor this in game, but how does one make oneself useful in a tier 8 game in the T-34-85 (besides sprem)? His response was something along the lines of "run the hell away and find a lower tier."

I dont know how to answer that question. The way you deal with higher tiers in a T-34-85 is the exact same way you deal with higher tiers in 90% of the vehicles in this game. The question ends up being a general "how 2 play gud" question that I have no easy way of answering.

I dunno, never felt I had issues with that before. I feel... Helpless in the T-34-85. Excessive high tier playing side effect?

Teach me hao2plai gud sensei. If you're ever online when other human beings are :/

I finally repurchased the T-44 after a bit over a year. Super nostalgic tank for me, it's the first tank that made me feel like a good player.

Only put in three games so far, but I thought I'd share one. Not really a tank that gets much credit.

5373401e9c81a5694a010000.jpg

I like its ability to do anything you need it to. You need to snipe? Take some acc. Bully? Here's some armor. Scout? Yummy camo and one of the best hp ratios on any med.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I finally repurchased the T-44 after a bit over a year. Super nostalgic tank for me, it's the first tank that made me feel like a good player.

Only put in three games so far, but I thought I'd share one. Not really a tank that gets much credit.

I like its ability to do anything you need it to. You need to snipe? Take some acc. Bully? Here's some armor. Scout? Yummy camo and one of the best hp ratios on any med.

How would you rate the tank compared to the other tier 8 meds?

My guess would be: t34-2<centurion<indien< t34-3 <pantherII<FCM50t< t44< type 59 < object416 < pershing < t69.  But I haven't played them all

Like you said, I thought it was a great multipurpose tank.  Biggest neg was the low pen value of the AP round and found myself spamming premium A LOT in order to do any effective damage.

Pros:

+mobility

+camo

+view range

+gun depression

+surprisingly bouncy turret

+good accuracy

Cons:

-meh AP pen

-meh armor

amg i just realized

page 69

i cannot let this go to waste without commenting on it

We have to bump this discussion up to page 70, stat.

Where does the STA-1 fit in your tier 8 medium ranking?

T-34-3 < Panther II < Centurion = Indien < T-34-2 < FCM = Type 59 < T-44 < T69 < Pershing < Object 416

We have to bump this discussion up to page 70, stat.

Where does the STA-1 fit in your tier 8 medium ranking?

I need more time in it, something that won't happen for a while because I dislike being on other people's accounts and the chi-ri is one of those "maybe in a few months" grinds.

Buuut if I had to place it somewhere, it'd be between the Type 59 and T-44.