Ruwed

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 - Chris Roberts' MMO Space Combat Simulator

What do you mean by that?  The wording you used is really... odd.

Do you mean that it's going to be easier to hit your targets in Star Citizen than others?  In that case... for one, the only real competition at the moment is Elite Dangerous, and Elite basically has hitscan weapons (pulse lasers), sooooo...

What do you mean by that?  The wording you used is really... odd.

Do you mean that it's going to be easier to hit your targets in Star Citizen than others?  In that case... for one, the only real competition at the moment is Elite Dangerous, and Elite basically has hitscan weapons (pulse lasers), sooooo...

ye

i meant since they are making mouse and keyboard users have viable control schemes i'm thinking it will be easier to hit things compared to other flight games that uses joysticks.

Doesn't look like it will make a huge difference to be honest.  Keep in mind that most, if not all weapons will have gimbaling (no more than a few degrees I believe, but enough that the mouse won't have that advantage).

I see full HOTAS setups being the better.

they were actually planning on having gimballess weapons on most of the ships but removed/changed them before releasing AC.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2699620/#Comment_2699620

yeah your probably right since HOTAS will be better at aiming while your turning and turning. mouse aim is currently not as percise as joysticks are when it comes to that.

Funny story. Last night I went to bed with about 500mb left on the my SC dog-fighting module. I figured okay, I'll say enable my downloader and everything should be done. Nope. Wake up this morning with 200mb left on the SC download. Looks like SABNZbd does not know how to share :-)

I love how the Freelancer commercial is basically a Ford SuperDuty commercial, or a RAM Pickup one.  It's so great.

The DUR I think was the right choice.  Its unlikely the Connie will get a better exploration variant... and even if it does, I can trade up to the MAX.

I love how the Freelancer commercial is basically a Ford SuperDuty commercial, or a RAM Pickup one. It's so great.

The DUR I think was the right choice. Its unlikely the Connie will get a better exploration variant... and even if it does, I can trade up to the MAX.

DUR is fugly man lol.

I got the MIS. Melted my Freelancer and 315P for it, but I got it. Really want a MAX though, trading has always been my thing. Granted I already have a Connie but the Connie needs a full crew and is far more valueable then a MAX.

Didn't have to melt the Lanced you know, you could have just bought the upgrade to save time. Doesn't include the coat I guess.

In any case... The Freelancer is supposed to be ugly. Besides, function is the key... And a missile boat is of no use to me. Hell, if the Connie gets an explorer variant, then the DUR goes to a MAX. The MIS is a waste.

Welp, finally finished loading it and worked out how to play. Feels decent. Graphics and UI are very nice but movement feels a little loose and sensitive. I dunno, I've probably spent too much time fighting the controls in WoWP :-)

Stability and performance seem fine for me. 

Overall, good visuals but the dog-fighting is (not surprisingly) less polished than Strike Suit Zero.

I've been playing this when I'm too ragey to play tanks, got to wave 12 with my 300i and a Logitech joystick before my wingmen died and then suddenly Scythes everywhere.

The 300i seems to be squishy as fuck, but I haven't been able to fly the Hornet or Aurora since I own neither so I have no basis of comparison (i only own a 325a, that's it)

Still, for an alpha, it's already really good.

PAtch fixed things for me.

need the cntrl-F mode to hit things.

Buying joystick!

I don't really understand people who add more than one "pre".  You could make it a case for AC being a "pre-alpha" in that it's just a single module (which is in alpha itself) of a game that as a whole hasn't even reached "alpha" stage yet.  But that's about it.

The pre pre alpha is basically a term used to make excuses for this current module when someone has an issue with it.

Picked up the MIS upgrade just for resale value. After a release date is told for the multi crewed ships I will sell the MIS for a premium and pick up something else that I actually want. 

The whole 'black market' thing disgusts me honestly... Not because it exists, but because of the ludicrous prices people are charging. For instance, Super Hornets for $300? That's just retarded. Almost double what they're worth.

I guess people are paying it too, which is sad in a way that they're getting gouged like this.

black market? is that a game mechanic? or something like selling accounts on Ebay?

Called the grey market. People reselling rare ship packs or ships with LTI for big dollars.

Selling LTI Avenger... $165!! Cheap! :P

The whole 'black market' thing disgusts me honestly... Not because it exists, but because of the ludicrous prices people are charging. For instance, Super Hornets for $300? That's just retarded. Almost double what they're worth.

I guess people are paying it too, which is sad in a way that they're getting gouged like this.

They are virtual ships in a virtual universe. They are worth nothing. Or, as a smart Greek guy said, they are worth exactly what someone will pay for them.

Overpaying for LTI superhornet is better than this sort of stupidity infecting the housing market.

The prices are really overly high I agree. The system does allow people to pay for what they want even if the initially missed out on a sale that's what I like about it. While I would love to have a caterpillar it's way out of my price range. Id only bump my upgrade up $10 or so that would allow me to get my own basic freelancer. I'm not trying to be these guys who bought 50 350Rs just to resell them for 2x value.

black market? is that a game mechanic? or something like selling accounts on Ebay?

You can buy/sell/trade ships on reddit it's mostly full of discontinued items like ships with LTI, limited sale ships, etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_trades