Deusmortis

AFK Tanking

So, crashed in the middle of a match today in my IS-3.  Tier 10 game, Arctic Region.  Had a great reverse angle position.  My crash did not prevent the enemy from shooting me.  I was quite surprised to see that I was still at full health when I got back into the game.  Wish I had a replay...

Capture_zpsed3fa1fb.jpg

I suppose I caused the JPE-100 quite a bit of rage!  Most of that 9k potential taken was from him. 

I've had a match like this before, I popped myself in a bush in a match we were losing and went afk to get my pizza that just arrived. Came back to see we were now winning so I went and nabbed arty and some damage on the last tanks. Apparently the entire enemy team walked into my spotting range when I was at the door getting pizza because I had like 8k spotting damage in my 12t. Got out of the match and saw the score card and I laughed for a good 3mins.

Always funny when stupid things work out well like this  :thumbup:

I've had a match like this before, I popped myself in a bush in a match we were losing and went afk to get my pizza that just arrived. Came back to see we were now winning so I went and nabbed arty and some damage on the last tanks. Apparently the entire enemy team walked into my spotting range when I was at the door getting pizza because I had like 8k spotting damage in my 12t. Got out of the match and saw the score card and I laughed for a good 3mins.

Scout tanks take even less effort to play than artillery. :P

I'm fairly sure there are a few players out there who'd lose a one-on-one with a bot-script tank.

Like this guy?  Believe it or not Ares___________God_of_War is not a bot.  That's an actual player with a 34% winrate in a M48 Patton.  I had the pleasure of having him on our team last night on Pearl River south spawn.  I considered TKing him right off the spawn because with that winrate he is a complete and utter hindrance to a team and actually causes them to lose, but I didn't.  I watched him head south into the mountains and hit the hill wall at least 30 times just trying to navigate down a path that is wide enough for 3 tanks abreast.  He then proceeded to alternate between hiding behind an ISU-152 and blocking his shots.  it took a lot longer for him to die than I thought it would.  After he did die he offered words of encouragement like "get behind them!"  "Shoot from behind!".  towards the end of the match (we lost) the team started calling him out for being a bot.  Unfortunately, he's not a bot.  He stated "just couldn't get any good shots, sorry".  But I digress, this probably belongs in naming and shaming. :)  He did manage to do 389 damage in a Tier 10 though!

I managed to pick up a Steel Wall in my ISU by getting a computer crash when I was getting into a sidescraping position o.O

Computer died on me and when I got it back up two minutes later, I found myself being perma-tracked by a Tiger II, no damage taken... 5,5k potential damage received...

Woody

Lol, this is funny.

I once completely lagged out surrounded by enemy Type 59's, got back in the game surrounded by type 59 corpses.

I guess whatever bit of the internet went down took them out of the game as well but it did make me feel like Chuck Norris.