Lindling

0.9.0 - reportsystem, havoc (infos from german WG staff)

I thought I would translate a few infos given while a german WG-staff stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/wasilijsaizev/c/3120287

wasilijsaizev german community contributor, Nico (WG) and st0rm talk about report-system and HAVOC (short translation from german to english)

> HAVOC planned for 0.9.0, currently in supertest (info at 0:21:00)

• will take over the old physics step by step to give better visual effects
  • multiturret support, but none in 0.9.0 yet
  • new tank models (flying turrets when dead, tank parts shot off when hit)

> IS-7 will not be remodelled although model error exist, it would be nerfed too much

> every bannable offense like botting, insults etc. has a chance to get unbanned once, at the second offense the account may be permabanned

> reports might either be increased overall or given each round

> all support teams for EU are in Paris

> while working for WG a small amount of time spend ingame is permitted

> single foul words are not seen as a reason to use a support ticket, it would be more useful to use them against serious insults, bots/afk

sounds like big news to me, ftr didn't cover the plans for havoc yet afaik, but after it looks like his blog will take some time to recover/sort out I thought I would leave it here...

edited 'turret', sry english is not my native language

Edited by Lindling

Don't know why people are so excited about additional turrets. Most of the additional guns on tanks wouldn't have the ability to penetrate even the thinnest armor, they are anti-infantry guns, the only exception I can think of is the churchill 1

New destruction graphics could have come impact on the size and shape of wrecks, making them more or less useful for cover.

Don't know why people are so excited about additional turrets. Most of the additional guns on tanks wouldn't have the ability to penetrate even the thinnest armor, they are anti-infantry guns, the only exception I can think of is the churchill 1

Add to that the B1! Big hullgun (albeit with bad (no?) traveser) vs puny turret gun.

Other tanks like the Lee might be able to transform a weakness into an asset. Currently the gun is place very low which makes it easy to pen a Lee while denying him the ability to shoot back in a hill fight. With a machine gun on top the Lee could do the same to enemy tanks.

It would allow the functional inclusion of some other wacky nonsense like the FCM F1 and T-35 Heavy.

FCM F1 is a sort of French TOG, the ARL-44s stock turret/90mm is actually from it but it also had a twin 45mm turret further forward.  It would probably be OK as a tier 5 comedy heavy like the TOG is at tier 6.

T-35 is a very early Russian superheavy tank with three turrets, a short 75mm in the main one and two smaller turrets at the front and back that had 45mms in.  Sure, it was utter garbage, 90% of them were lost to mechanical failure, (SerB says it would be too weak for tier 4) but let's face it, if you could park up and broadside things you wouldn't care....

but let's face it, if you could park up and broadside things you wouldn't care....

I think that's true for the average player.

The average player doesn't read this forum though :P

I can see the 37mm on the M3 being potentially useful. Certainly it won't offer much in conjunction with the main gun, but it could cover one's back against pesky flankers while trying to bring the main gun to bear.

Will the xtra turret use expand to the AT8 with its 2 guns?

Even if it did, it's only a 20mm. That caliber has issues even against some tier 2 tanks, sooooo.....

I'd honestly have thought the havok engine and the rumoured tank-flipping would have a much bigger impact on gameplay than the secondary tickle turrets.

could the multiple turrets thing could also apply to side-turret tanks, sporting identical guns on each side, rather than the opportunity to use guns that cannot penetrate tank armour?

Don't forget Maus with its coaxial 75mm - scouts could be killed in a more effective way.

Don't forget Maus with its coaxial 75mm - scouts could be killed in a more effective way.

Flankers may or may not be able to be killed but they could almost certainly be tracked.  I think it could lead to a fun dynamic but wouldn't affect the gameplay significantly.

Something about when people add letters to things drives me insane.

It's a TURRET. Not a TURRENT.

Since I'm not computer savy at all, could someone explain to me what will change in my gaming experience with the Havoc-engine?

Since I'm not computer savy at all, could someone explain to me what will change in my gaming experience with the Havoc-engine?

Stuff blows up prettier. Maybe more stuff blows up.

Ah, OK. So perhaps just the bit of wall actually driven over would collapse, not the "section" hit by the tank. Neat.

In the update there are supposed to be:

*destructable buldings (parts of them at least)

*walls will fall over

*tank's turrets will be able to pushed around when they blow up

*some tanks will get remodels and nerfed a bit

New destruction graphics could have come impact on the size and shape of wrecks, making them more or less useful for cover.

Yea what he said... being able to control multiple turrets on a tank is possibly the most useless thing WG has considered lately, and honestly a waste of time and effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGz7v7YdIh4

Yea what he said... being able to control multiple turrets on a tank is possibly the most useless thing WG has considered lately, and honestly a waste of time and effort.

This.

And now I can laugh at the Maus potatoes who angle at 5 degrees and shoot their co-ax gun at my UFP.

They keep getting asked about multiturret because pubbies.

Recent ftr called it low priority or maybe never, can't remember for sure.

Wouldn't mind the option of using what look like a large autocannon on the AT-7 though. 

> every bannable offense like botting, insults etc. has a chance to get unbanned once, at the second offense the account may be permabanned

> reports might either be increased overall or given each round

> all support teams for EU are in Paris

Thank you for the info. Not sure if I am happyy about some of the changes.