perpixel

2nd campaign promo

Don't know what to make of it yet.. but here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc-_LN4emCk

Some more prime info from WoT eu portal:

Clan Wars: Second Campaign

The Campaign will be launched on 5th November and consist of three stages:

• 1st Stage: Revolution Epoch (Tier I-VI)
  • 2nd Stage: Train Robbery (Tier I-VIII)
  • 3rd Stage: Gold Rush (Tier I-X)

2nd Global Map

The Second Campaign will take place on one of two separate Global Maps, which will be available for all players soon. The second map will work like a standard Global Map:

• Tank locking disabled
  • Fog of War enabled
  • Spies/counter-spies enabled
  • Revolts enabled
  • Ransacks enabled

A clan cannot fight on both maps simultaneously but can move between them as much as it wants.

Victory Points and Fame Points

Victory Points will be acquired from provinces and special tasks by a clan as a collective. These points will be used to determine the winner of each stage and later – of the entire Campaign. Victory Points will also be added each turn as a 1/24thpart of the daily Victory Points’ income. The winner of the stage will be determined by the amount of Clan Victory Points earned within that stage. In the case of Victory Points being equal, the number of winners may be increased.

Fame Points, on the other hand, will be earned by clan members individually. They will be based on the amount of experience received in the Campaign’s battles, as well as on the completion of secondary tasks. A player’s Fame Points will equal the total amount of the team’s Fame Points divided by the number of team members and multiplied by special rates. These points will be the basis for the player’s individual ranking.  Fame cannot be lost – gathered points will remain with the player until the Campaign’s end.

Special Tank

The top 10,000 players who earn the largest amount of Fame Points in CW battles will be credited with a special Campaign tank, VK 72.01! In the case of players receiving an equal amount of Fame Points, the number of winners can be increased.

In-game Gold

The top 30 clans with the largest amount of Victory Points will receive in-game gold:

• 1st place – 1,000,000 gold to the clan treasury
  • 2nd place – 500,000 gold to the clan treasury
  • 3rd place – 300,000 gold to the clan treasury
  • 4th-30th place – 100,000 gold to the clan treasury

* Please note that the number of clans rewarded may vary in different regions depending on the number of clan wars participants and the general server population.

the russians will get it if they're in the top 30.000 thats like the complete SEA server? :P

Yeah, this is interesting, but still waiting until we see the NA announcement before I get too excited/depressed.

Not that this really concerns me since I am in no clan able to participate, but that fame thing for individual players sounds counterproductive to me.

Clan Wars is supposed to be about teamplay. This individual attribution of fame seems to transform teammates into competitors for damage dealt, xp received, kills, they will be hesitant to sacrifice themselves, ...

And North America announcement is up!

Wargaming Participation

Last but not least, we would like to inform you that Wargaming clan will also participate in the Campaign. That’s right – soon you will have the opportunity to meet us on the battlefield! Beware, however – we will not surrender our provinces easily!

I'm shaking with fear.

Not that this really concerns me since I am in no clan able to participate, but that fame thing for individual players sounds counterproductive to me.

Clan Wars is supposed to be about teamplay. This individual attribution of fame seems to transform teammates into competitors for damage dealt, xp received, kills, they will be hesitant to sacrifice themselves, ...

Not if they want to keep being pulled in for battles to accumulate Fame they won't. It'll be more about the number of battles played.

This individual fame points thing does potentially change the strategies used to ensure clan members receive special tanks.  It will be more difficult to NAP up and just do a bunch of technical battles.  People will need to actively fight real battles. This may encourage strong clans to just roam around the map(s) taking out weaker clans with abandon.  

It will also be interesting to see if the second "sandbox" map battles will count towards individual fame points as well.

edit: also pissed that I'm ROed on official forums now.  Mods there are bundles of sticks.  Please don't tell them I said this or they may RO me again for calling people bundles of sticks.

Edited by Dlur

techs didn't count towards battle wins last time anyway.

the key is to see what the formula for fame points is going to be, if it's focused on battles played, with a modifier to make LZ battles less important (so clans can't just fail their way to VK7201s by spamming these), you could very easily still do shenanigans to help rig it

Yeah, meant technicals in the sense of send 15 vs 15 tanks to get maximum participation and then stand down to ensure no land exchanges hands...

Yep, once the formula is released the spreadsheets will start filling out and the gears of rigging will commence turning.  There are some things I like about this concept:  people won't be able to get a tank by just showing up for rigged battles, people won't be able to buy their way into a top clan just to get a tank, there ought to be real fights instead of boring camping, don't have to play Tier 1-5...looks like just Tier 6, 8 and 10.  I don't like that it makes it difficult for NASA 2.0 though.

techs didn't count towards battle wins last time anyway.

the key is to see what the formula for fame points is going to be, if it's focused on battles played, with a modifier to make LZ battles less important (so clans can't just fail their way to VK7201s by spamming these), you could very easily still do shenanigans to help rig it

Yeah, but the way it was being exploited last time was to enter battles vs an ally and allow them to cap-fast 15v1 to get all 15 the game credit.

Also, the thing about fame points is being blown out of proportion, becase; "A player’s Fame Points will equal the total amount of the team’s Fame Points divided by the number of team members and multiplied by special rates."

Depending on the "special rates", it seems like fame is going to just be added up and cut by 15 every battle anywho.

Depending on the "special rates", it seems like fame is going to just be added up and cut by 15 every battle anywho.

We don't know until they release the formula for Fame. "Rates" Sounds multiplicative to me, and if the bottom half of the team are score x1, top half are score x2 and top three are score x3 that could make quite a difference.

We don't know until they release the formula for Fame. "Rates" Sounds multiplicative to me, and if the bottom half of the team are score x1, top half are score x2 and top three are score x3 that could make quite a difference.

That's not my understanding at all.

I assume the multipliers will depend on the nature of the battle.  For example:

.25 for early rounds of a landing tournament

.5 for final round

.75 for battle with land owner.

.5 for encounter battle

1.0 for standard fight over standard land

1.5 for fighting on (or perhaps, just for taking) a gold pot.

They will likely make the multipliers encourage aggressive play.  In reality, it just means NAP'ed clans will trade their gold pots daily.

Whats with the two global maps? How will that work i wonder...

I figure the sand box map will have no fame, no chance to win Lowes, but a great chance to farm gold while the big clans are fighting on the campaign map.

This individual fame points thing does potentially change the strategies used to ensure clan members receive special tanks.  It will be more difficult to NAP up and just do a bunch of technical battles.  People will need to actively fight real battles. This may encourage strong clans to just roam around the map(s) taking out weaker clans with abandon.  

It will also be interesting to see if the second "sandbox" map battles will count towards individual fame points as well.

edit: also pissed that I'm ROed on official forums now.  Mods there are bundles of sticks.  Please don't tell them I said this or they may RO me again for calling people bundles of sticks.

They must not like you because i didnt even receive a warning for that.