WhiskeyJack_

Blurple replay reviews

So I know a lot of people are offering this, I'll do it for free though! (i wish you could gift like 300g or something, that would be perfect)

The difference is, I'll go over it in a stream. That way you can watch it with (supersexy) voiced commentary instead of walls of text (if walls of text are preferred though, I'll do that instead). I might potentially add in a replay of a similar tank on that map if I have one spare from whatever the current patch is.

I'll do 4 replays per person per week (as in I'll do 4 for you in one week, then if you want 4 more the next week). Depending on demand I'll adjust this.

Don't give me super duper potato in the first minute games. Super steamroll games are discouraged as well. Mostly because both of those there isn't much I can tell you to help you to improve besides "don't go there next time" etc.

Potentially make this OP more pretty or something as time goes on with links to completed stuff or something. I dunno.

Stealth,

I am always keen on getting some reviews, especially since I am still adjusting to higher/est tier play. Given your impressive W/Rs at tier 9/10 and my muddling around at sub-54% in my single tier 9 atm I would love some advice. 

One of the hard things I've been trying to do in BT 10/11 is to work better in my 704 with the rest of my team, especially using the positioning the team's mediums in my own positioning.  Maybe we could even platoon a few and then talk through them or I could cherry pick some for you. I've watched Kewei's 704 replays literally about 50 of them in the 704, but would love some real 1-1 feedback as I try to transition my good mid tier stats into good high tier stats. 

Much obliged. 

Given your impressive W/Rs at tier 9/10

your impressive W/Rs at tier 9/10

your impressive W/Rs

hue

huehue

hue

anyways

Stealth,

I am always keen on getting some reviews, especially since I am still adjusting to higher/est tier play. Given your impressive W/Rs at tier 9/10 and my muddling around at sub-54% in my single tier 9 atm I would love some advice. 

One of the hard things I've been trying to do in BT 10/11 is to work better in my 704 with the rest of my team, especially using the positioning the team's mediums in my own positioning.  Maybe we could even platoon a few and then talk through them or I could cherry pick some for you. I've watched Kewei's 704 replays literally about 50 of them in the 704, but would love some real 1-1 feedback as I try to transition my good mid tier stats into good high tier stats. 

Much obliged. 

I would ofc be willing to platoon, TDs aren't quite my specialty as they would be for Servios or Kewei. The thing is, I'm not that good at teaching while in a platoon, because I'm busy trying to keep track of myself. I can toss out comments/questions while we play, but it's hard for me to focus on everything you're doing while I'm playing.

Grab a few replays and post them and I can try to give you some advice. Basically for the 704 in the higher tiers, make sure you have people in front of you to spot, unless you know you've got clear, long sight lines where you can spot, fire, and stay invis don't go to a flank alone. Even then it's risky because of you ~14 seconds of reload.

For other TD non-replay related advice, I'd have to phone-a-friend and call in Servios. Kewei is obviously a pro damage whore as well.

I really don't have a lot of experience in my 704, I did decent in the ISU but I hated it because the platform itself is a boat and I'm too aggressive at heart. I do have experience playing with TDs (my dad pretty much only plays the jagpanther2 and the Foch155). The main thing I've noticed is that you need to learn the correct amount of aggression. In the beginning you save your health pool and try to stealth DPM down whatever you can. But towards the middle/end you need to figure out how much aggression is needed. Is there a stock tank or someone with weak pen that you can bully around with your slight armor(not as relevant for the 704)? Towards the end there's a good chance you'll need to leverage your HP advantage as sudo 'armor', which is why it's key to save it in the beginning.

Right on, I'll add you to friends in game and see if we can connect.  

In the meantime, I'll see what I can cook up in the ol' E_L kitchen for you replay-wise.  I have just about got my E75, so if you think KT replays would be a good fit as I prep for tier 9, I would love to get your thoughts on that too. 

Cheers man. 

Right on, I'll add you to friends in game and see if we can connect.  

In the meantime, I'll see what I can cook up in the ol' E_L kitchen for you replay-wise.  I have just about got my E75, so if you think KT replays would be a good fit as I prep for tier 9, I would love to get your thoughts on that too. 

Cheers man. 

That works just fine.  Just don't give me sub tier5.

Even tier5 is iffy.

IS Last second cap Win

IS Feat: ELC AMX hugs Win

Cromwell 3Kill explosion

For some reason wotreplays won't let me upload my IS6 matches...

http://www.twitch.tv/stealth215/b/477602055

Comments/advice welcome. Things I could do better etc. Besides the fact that I sound like a wimp.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6uvg5td2uq62bu8/replays2.rar

A wall of text would be appreciated but this is your thread so do whatever you will. Thank you for this awesome service and I hope to improve from whatever you can add.

I'm not sure if these replays are appropriate and if a couple of them aren't I'd appreciate being able to upload a couple different ones instead.

Thank you!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6uvg5td2uq62bu8/replays2.rar

A wall of text would be appreciated but this is your thread so do whatever you will. Thank you for this awesome service and I hope to improve from whatever you can add.

I'm not sure if these replays are appropriate and if a couple of them aren't I'd appreciate being able to upload a couple different ones instead.

Thank you!

Text is no problem. The customer is usually sort of right.

First, what are you crew skills and equipment?

Second your ammo loadout 38 AP and 9 HE? smells like default loadout to me. drop your HE to 1 or 2, drop your AP to 30, and get 15 APCR. While AP is great in tier 7, and vs some 8s, vs bigger 8s and 9s that APCR is OP. and HE is more or less worthless except for resetting cap.

Third your consumables. Only a regular repair kit? at the very least you should have rep+med+auto exting. 25/2 you could drop exting for food or octane. I don't remember it having many fire issues

Alright, to the match

25/2 Prokhorovka:

Top tier, Prokorvka. Good potential for the 25/2. Initial setup is good, I prefer taking the hill, especially in something with gun depression. Your platoonmate though would've been better suited to F6 area, on the 5 line side of the tracks most likely. But we're not talking about him.

IMO you waited a bit too long to move up, but you were waiting for more things to get spotted I assume which is perfectly legit.

Slightly bad aimed shot on that hell cat (the second one), and it took you a second to notice he was there, you were busy looking at the KV-1S Potentially could've killed him.

You had a good chance to finish off the AT-7, but after you looked to see if the hellcat was shootable, while you did hold down right click to keep your gun there which was right, when you recentered on where the AT7 was you moved your gun around before firing.

After you and your platoonmate get shotup, you seem very confused about whaqt to do, and just keep backing up in circles. The IS was lit and in the open, you should've moved to that side of the hill (behind a bush) and taken some shots at him.

Burning shells on the church 7. If you had APCR...

You were too close when you shot at that T20, getting you lit and taking a hit from the church. Then when you move to try and light/shoot the T20 you don't use any bushes, so he lit you up and GG.

Overall not a bad match, not really exciting. You did what you could for the most part, I wouldn't exactly label it as a fail.

Will do more later.

well, i guess I am your first noob/ baddie to come here 

here i link to recent replays ignore those of  marders as i have sold them, concentrate on t 49,kv1s,t-150, at2 and matilda

chose whatever ones you want to do, but please do them with text and arrows and if possible stop it and point something out

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/swj06f4wjdqgg9x/7Q3lS_7jzX

truth is i really have no idea of what is in here hope you get some good ones

P.s. once you have founfd my problems please post links which can help me with my shortcomings

here i link to recent replays ignore those of  marders as i have sold them, concentrate on t 49,kv1s,t-150, at2 and matilda

chose whatever ones you want to do, but please do them with text and arrows and if possible stop it and point something out

P.s. once you have founfd my problems please post links which can help me with my shortcomings

I've seen you posting around, asking for people to help you directly. If there's anything I've gotten from the questions I've asked previously, it's that to improve, you are going to have to put effort in yourself. Good stats will not be handed to you on a platter. YOU have to understand what you're doing wrong. YOU have to help yourself. Asking questions is good and valuable things can be gained from that, but you can't seriously expect people to do everything for you. Not for free or at least a bit of your own effort, at the very least. If someone's offering a service like this for free, at least try to make it easier on him.

I'm not sorting through all of those. You pick 4 of them.

Still not sure your crew/equipment but I'll press on.

25/2 on Cliff

You go to a generally -passive position, but they push around the mountain so it works out. I'm not sure if you read the minimap and made that decision or if it was pubbie luck. You then shoot the wall and miss 2 shots on the 122-44 that's really not moving. you need to work on Fire Control a bit.

You kill the last 122-44, notice the rest of your flank has died, and donut panic for a second before trying to chase after you IS-6. You see the 110 and tunnel vision onto it and don't notice the T-44 flanking you. after that it's GG.

You team kind of folded on you which was bad. This would've been a hard one to pull off. You could've tried a more aggressive spot at F6, but most likely would've gotten rolled by the 122-44s. You could've tried helping to reenforce the 9 line, but the 122-44s would've rolled everything in the middle and flanked you guys most likely. Overall you didn't seem to do that poorly besides some fire control issues and a generally passive initial deployment, though it turned out to be a decent spot.

Alright, KV-13. I'd like to know your crew/equipment setup for this as well. I'd give the same advice on ammo, maybe 40 AP 30 APCR, something around there. Also no consumables at all. I have no idea why you wouldn't carry them.

Pearl River

You don't start moving right away so you can type out instructions for your pubbies. not a bad thing but you should at least RRR first. Also telling pubbies to cross on this map usually leads to half crossing and half camping, I let them decide on their own and just be sure to win south as i can.

Deployment otherwise is alright. I wouldn't have taken the river route you did as you could've been spotted and lit up. You do set yourself up behind where you could assist the T20 at first until the rest of your team shows up, could've moved forward sooner.

What are you zoom settings at? in the replay I see you constantly zoomed at 8x, not sure if that's a product of the replay or what you hav eit set at, but it's absurdly zoomed in for close combat.

You complain about your dead driver, if you had consumables....

You have almost full health and you're hiding way behind all your team mates as they take shots and die. I'm all for using them as meatshields, but you actually have to USE them, not just watch them die.

Then you completely abandon them. Wait nvm, you take the longest flanking route possible. nvm you're not even flanking, you're just going into the small town to fast cap i assume.

You don't take advantage of your reload time vs the KV-1s after he fires. You wait until your church dies and then you go for the KV-1s. after he's reloaded, and take the shot. Also wasting time aiming for his copula when his LFP is right there. Then you shoot the KV-4 while there is a 1S and a KV-2 on you. You could've 1 shot the KV-2 and brawled the 1S.

I didn't notice much angling or moving at all. You pretty much just sit there and shoot until one of you wins, the KV-13 has some surprising angles and can pull off troll bounces, especially through wiggling etc.

This match was generally bad. You showed poor decision making all around. but is labeled as a meh instead of a fail?

Fisherman's bay

Tier 9 in a KV-13, this is going to be rough either way. and MM threw a SIMP platoon on the otherside for the cherry on top.

I've avoided telling pubbies to kill anyone ASAP, because some of them will actually hold fire or something. or derp into that person just to try and kill them.

You have this mass of indecision. You start passive middle, move towards town, then turn around and get poped by the arty and type for no gain at all.

You then camp behind a rock at base. their guys are all tied up with yours in town, you have a perfect opportunity to flank, and instead decide to try and snipe. Even if you could hit the T-54, with only shots on his turret and him moving you'd really only get a bounce.

It's pretty much GG at this point.

You need to work on fire control, deployment, using your pubbies at meatshields, being aggressive, not 'giving up', which is what it looks like happened in that last match. etc.

Thanks. I probably shouldn't have jumped straight to the KV-13 from the 1S. I think I'll play some lower tier mediums first to get myself used to the playstyle, as I currently seem to be horrid at it.

I'm not sorting through all of those. You pick 4 of them.

Sorry, I know I have been a complete jerk lately asking everybody to do everything for me but not doing anything myself. Please, forgive me and thank you so much for having this service being free.

please do it with text and choose what to ignore about what i asked you about before.

Btw these probably cept for t-49 are some of my better games

Once again Thanks .

Sorry, I know I have been a complete jerk lately asking everybody to do everything for me but not doing anything myself. Please, forgive me and thank you so much for having this service being free.

please do it with text and choose what to ignore about what i asked you about before.

Btw these probably cept for t-49 are some of my better games

Once again Thanks .

I'd advise you to put it in a zip/rar file next time, or just put them on wotreplays.org. Makes it easier for me. (1 click DL hue lazy)

KV-1S. What are your crew skills/equipment. You have no consumables. Load some APCR in that bad boy for tier8 heavies etc.

you're afk for the first 30 seconds, so there's that. You take a very risky route into the city, and pause part way there.

You then break down most of your cover and shoot the last bit. Then contiue to break more cover.

Huh you got almost perma tracked by the stug and lost almost all your health. wonder if there's something you can buy to prevent that.

Do you have a drive through buildings fetish? I swear you have no concept of smart driving in this replay.

Poorly aimed shot on the stug, didn't even go to sniper view for it, could've most likely hit him.

Why did you fire into the air? do you like burning credits?

If these are your better games...

AT2

Not sure what happened at the start of the replay, but you burned about a minute. Is your computer just taking that long to load in?

Deployment starts alright, but you then stop in the open. Can't really give you any advice past that because their team got rolled and in an AT2 you're not fast enough to do anything.

T49

Great map for the T49, slightly prefer the other side for camo sniping but lets see how this goes.

Ammo loadout is FUBAR, 5 HE rounds? Go see Allurai's thread on the T49 in the american vehicles sub-form.

Not where I would deploy, as pubs usually fill up the 8/9 line easily. Going G5 is a better option IMO.

You dick off hiding behind a rock for awhile before actually getting into a position

Waste shots on a building, the T49 doesn't have the ammo capacity to waste on things like that.

It takes you a long time to turn yourself at the arty, are you using a trackpad, what's the DPI on your mouse?

You park directly behind the VK. This is the most dickish move any pubbie can do ever. never park directly behind someone. See Hardest VS Sela.

You then bump and push around the Marder 38T. Jesus christ man wtf? how you weren't teamkilled I don't even know.

You zoom out of sniper to shoot at the M7, no clue what your thing with not using sniper mode is.

Your aiming on that matilda really makes me think you're using a trackpad

Solo rushing into a place that doesn't have a spotter and you know there's atleast a VK3001 there. This is a no go in a T49. You are not a forward scout into the unknown.

All of your pubbie luck this match. you could've been derped by that hetzer,shot by that T14 etc. I wish i had pubbie luck.

I'll give you props for moving around between flanks. But I need to stress that you're not a scout, especially with unspotted TDs etc.

You don't notice there's a T70 lit right in front of you for a good 5-10 seconds. You then ram him. don't ram things in the T49.

Drive at the pz without your turret aimed, shoot at the ground, still don't aim your turret OR turn your hull with your turret in his direction.

He shoots you again. GG.

T-150 on Earlenberg

Fuck Earlenberg.

It definitely seems to be taking you a while to load into games. What kind of computer are you playing on?

You don't seem like you have a good plan on where to go at first. But trundle off to the middle of the city. Generally the middle is rough to play unless you know what you're doing IMO (then again i've never played the middle)

You back out way into the open  to just attempt to see if you can get a shot on the T-34. park in the open to look to see if you have a shot on the stug that ran down the hill. Park in the open again for the church. You need to work on using cover. Granted you weren't spotted but you need to be aware that you could be and get lit up.

You're at a loss of what to do now. you take your time aiming at the T-34 you then zoom out when you could've easily shot the medium before/right as he disappeared. You sit in the open again while you look for shots.

You get stuck on rubble while you drive at the KV-1

Not aiming down the sights at the T-28 or KV1.

dead because you as a top tier didn't leverage your armor or gun really until the very end. You did do damage, but a lot of it was empty damage IMO, the match was already over.

There's a lot for you to work on.