An absolutely hilarious game I had with d4majesty, AnArmyofBun, and Pahech on the other team ( Pahech, we should plat sometime. I know you read these forums :P ). If you're not interested in watching all of it, fastforward to the part where I die after yoloswagging Pahech. From that point on, you are watching the Game of Throws:

Defeat!, T57 Heavy, Cliff, 10/28/13 8:45 PM: 715 nXP, 2,401 dmg

I keep preaching this over and over. Never expect pubbies to do anything rational. Never blame anyone but yourself for the loss. This will keep you mentally sane, make you rage less, and think more about improving.

It will also allow you to enjoy the game more. :)

I had more fun watching this game unfold as it did than I had in the three 5k damage 4 kill wins that I pulled that night (because pubbies could not win on their own that night. At all.) I'm also pretty sure bun was disappoint with my yolo. Truth be told, I ain't even mad.

With sage wisdom from this forum, I now use this method with every pub game.  I'm no one's carry hard expert, but its a game-changing experience to look at every game as if you must assure the win.  I've taken to running with XVM off to help keep me "blind" to what the teams are made up of.  Its a bit whacked but it does help the game induce less rage/face slapping/face pounding.. :thumbup:

With sage wisdom from this forum, I now use this method with every pub game.  I'm no one's carry hard expert, but its a game-changing experience to look at every game as if you must assure the win.  I've taken to running with XVM off to help keep me "blind" to what the teams are made up of.  Its a bit whacked but it does help the game induce less rage/face slapping/face pounding.. :thumbup:

I don´t recommend this. XVM gives you very valuable info that you can use to your advantage to help you secure the win.

Just don´t rage at bad teams. If your team is a 14 man list of tomatoes, playing more cautiously, but being ready to exploit the spots your teammates will surely get when they yolo can give you a few victories you would otherwise miss.

Consider myself corrected again.... Seems my posting opportunities are as equally waffley as my game play lately. :)  I appreciate the efforts!

I don´t recommend this. XVM gives you very valuable info that you can use to your advantage to help you secure the win.

Just don´t rage at bad teams. If your team is a 14 man list of tomatoes, playing more cautiously, but being ready to exploit the spots your teammates will surely get when they yolo can give you a few victories you would otherwise miss.

I'm now playing with XVM basically disabled (only way I see stats is to hold down tab).  I don't notice it and if anything I'm playing better than I ever have because I automatically assume my team is full of 41% horibads unless I see a known good player or known good clan and I automatically assume the enemy team is comprised of skilled players.  I can generally tell within 15 seconds of the countdown hitting 0 if my team is full of red or well balanced based upon where they go and  how many utterly moronic statements are being typed in chat.  Trying to base my positioning on tank composition instead of perceived player skill. 

Last night, for example, I played 17 games.  4 were platooned (50% winrate platooned) and 13 were solo.  Overall winrate for the night was 76.5%.

I'm now playing with XVM basically disabled (only way I see stats is to hold down tab).  I don't notice it and if anything I'm playing better than I ever have because I automatically assume my team is full of 41% horibads unless I see a known good player or known good clan and I automatically assume the enemy team is comprised of skilled players.  I can generally tell within 15 seconds of the countdown hitting 0 if my team is full of red or well balanced based upon where they go and  how many utterly moronic statements are being typed in chat.  Trying to base my positioning on tank composition instead of perceived player skill. 

Last night, for example, I played 17 games.  4 were platooned (50% winrate platooned) and 13 were solo.  Overall winrate for the night was 76.5%.

To each his own. More info can never be a bad thing IMHO.

To each his own. More info can never be a bad thing IMHO.

Information used properly is a wonderful thing.  What I've noticed is my subconscious working against me when I have too much information in such ways that if we have a pile of purples on my team I feel like I will be carried and don't need to put forth as much effort, when in reality I should be trying 10 times as hard just to keep my dpg and kills acceptable.  Conversely when there's a pile of reds on your team you can feel demoralized because you KNOW all 5 of your flanks are going to collapse and you'll be lucky enough to stay alive long enough to farm a meager stipend of damage before you are crushed.  Also you might see a pile of reds on the enemy team and think that you can swiftly crush them, only to realize that through some miracle of RNG they all managed to get into good positions and can actually shoot tonks.  Maybe those 3 purple platoons on the enemy team are so busy stumbling over one another to farm damage that they didn't even deploy appropriately and will let their flanks be crushed.

If you can use the information for what it is and use it to a positive effect, then great, more info is wonderful, but if that information can cause undesirable effects then why bother?

I use XVM to see how good the other team is.  Other than that I just assume, unless I'm platooned, that it's 1 vs 15 and I'm going to have to play my best to win.

Information used properly is a wonderful thing.  What I've noticed is my subconscious working against me when I have too much information in such ways that if we have a pile of purples on my team I feel like I will be carried and don't need to put forth as much effort, when in reality I should be trying 10 times as hard just to keep my dpg and kills acceptable.  Conversely when there's a pile of reds on your team you can feel demoralized because you KNOW all 5 of your flanks are going to collapse and you'll be lucky enough to stay alive long enough to farm a meager stipend of damage before you are crushed.  Also you might see a pile of reds on the enemy team and think that you can swiftly crush them, only to realize that through some miracle of RNG they all managed to get into good positions and can actually shoot tonks.  Maybe those 3 purple platoons on the enemy team are so busy stumbling over one another to farm damage that they didn't even deploy appropriately and will let their flanks be crushed.

If you can use the information for what it is and use it to a positive effect, then great, more info is wonderful, but if that information can cause undesirable effects then why bother?

Agreed.

The way I see it, you gotta make your brain your bitch. Don't be fettered by what your subconscious thinks. Straighten that subconscious out and re-frame things in a more useful way.

Got purples on your team? Support them! Be awesome! Cover their weakspots/flanks/sixes so they can kick ass.

Got a team full of reds? It's on you! show em how it's done and drag them to victory!

Mindset is is a lot in this game. You can control your mindset. Why leave something you can control to chance (or to your subconscious) ?

Your brain is just another tool in your box... use dat shit to maximum effectiveness! ;)

The way I see it, you gotta make your brain your bitch. Don't be fettered by what your subconscious thinks. Straighten that subconscious out and re-frame things in a more useful way.

Got purples on your team? Support them! Be awesome! Cover their weakspots/flanks/sixes so they can kick ass.

Got a team full of reds? It's on you! show em how it's done and drag them to victory!

Mindset is is a lot in this game. You can control your mindset. Why leave something you can control to chance (or to your subconscious) ?

Your brain is just another tool in your box... use dat shit to maximum effectiveness! ;)

This is more in line with my way of thinking, but I guess there is sucha  thing as too much information for some players.