Garbad

Garbad's Thread of Tough Love and abuse 2: The search for grok

258 members have voted

1. 1. So if you are using a knife in sexy roleplay, how should it be applied?

• Sensually. Use the cold, harsh metal to stimulate the skin and such. Tickle and beg, delight her senses.
    • As a power prop. Its a weapon, a means of dominance. So obviously, dominate. Toss her around and make her love it.

263 is jacg123's go to carry tank for tier 10 these days, generally paired with mediums. 

He is clinically insane.  It might not be as bad as the J100, but any other TD should outperform it.  It just doesn't offer you anything great to build around, its just a bleh all rounder with flaws of its own.

Im about to research the T-44. I have heard the stock grind for the thing is horrendous. how do you suggest I go about it? If I must I have up to 200 gold which can be used on Free XP, (which gives 5K free XP) but I would prefer not to spend it.

im thinking atm to say goodbye to my bank account and spam gold out of the 85 until I get the next gun. but what research path should I take?

Tier 5:  KV1, M4

Tier 6:  KV1S, Hellcat, SU-100

Tier 7:  T29, T20, T-34-1, Tiger P, SU-122-44

Have you played the bufed tiger after 8.8 patch, i think your list might be outdated

i have played the new german td line in the test server and it seems to have some game changer machines not talking about the wte100 but things like the 88 flack at tier 5 or the 150 mm at tier 8, altough glass cannons will they impact public gameplay?

I'm sitting on the T44 right now, and have been considering the merits of the 122mm as an option (despite it seeming as a total crapgun compared to the LB1), what are your thoughts on it?

More importantly, how do I balance my aggressive play with the fact that the average pubbie is too much of a retard to understand the opportunities I create?

Just got the Leopard 1, any tips on how to use it?

Its a light tank that snipes at long range.  Avoid a brawl, avoid been seen at all, never peekaboom.  And yes, its great on say, campinova, but weak on any urban/peekaboom map. 

If WG finally removed arty from the game, would you cry a little?

Yes, tears of relief and joy.

Have you played the bufed tiger after 8.8 patch, i think your list might be outdated

i have played the new german td line in the test server and it seems to have some game changer machines not talking about the wte100 but things like the 88 flack at tier 5 or the 150 mm at tier 8, altough glass cannons will they impact public gameplay?

I haven't, but I still think the armor of the Tiger P would matter more.

The new german TDs are all just part of the power creep.  WG has learned if they create balanced or uninteresting tanks (brit lines, chinese lines) no one grinds them.  They have to keep us chasing the latest gimmick to keep buying gold, and so they are intentionally releasing something that will probably make the game worse.  We are already past the point of too much alpha/autoloaders, and now they are feeding us both at the same time.

WG doesn't care if the game is actually better or not, they just want to cash grab.  That's worked for them in WOT, but I believe it will crash and burn in the long run.  We will see with WOWP.  But as for these tanks, expect a high average win rate but perhaps less skill ceiling than the foch 155 or US autoloaders.  Also, expect a nerf two patches after release, no refunds.

Working as intended, comrades.

Im about to research the T-44. I have heard the stock grind for the thing is horrendous. how do you suggest I go about it? If I must I have up to 200 gold which can be used on Free XP, (which gives 5K free XP) but I would prefer not to spend it.

im thinking atm to say goodbye to my bank account and spam gold out of the 85 until I get the next gun. but what research path should I take?

Its pretty bad, but no worse than most tier 8/9 tanks.  Again, the whole goal is to frustrate you into spending money.  Usually, it works.  Probably the best way to avoid spending gold is to build up a good stockpile of credits and free exp.  Then fire gold with the stock gun as needed and be sure to play the tank on all 3x/5x events to quickly bypass stock.  Also, unlock the IDIOT on the IS1 if you haven't already.

I'm sitting on the T44 right now, and have been considering the merits of the 122mm as an option (despite it seeming as a total crapgun compared to the LB1), what are your thoughts on it?

More importantly, how do I balance my aggressive play with the fact that the average pubbie is too much of a retard to understand the opportunities I create?

If you want to 122, run the T-34-2.  Its far superior to the T-44-122.  You can read my reviews of the chinese 122, but basically, it kind of works but overall the 100mm is better.  I do think its fun tho.

You can't.  I've seen various methods (hanz and millard try to coach their pubbies) but it doesn't seem to have any effect as opposed to veril (rage at them from the start).  I personally just plan on doing everything that matters or else expect to fail.  And remember, their pubs are equally as stupid -- just don't die too early and you can tip the scales.

Can you confirm/deny my feelings that the Jagdpanther is only a middling TD?  It got a little buff in viewrange last patch (up to 370), but fun-level of playing it after 300 games has been dropping. Not hugely mobile, gun can spit out some good dpm in the right circumstances, but doesn't have that great depression either to poke while further angling that front plate.  Firing from invisi-spots is great and the camo is reasonable, but I am not able to consistently create/identify those opportunities and it gets wailed on the moment it is spotted.  

Maybe since I only play it for an occasional x2 these days I am just out of the zone with it. I've had it elited for a little while waiting for a sale on the jgpnth II. 

The new german TDs are all just part of the power creep.  WG has learned if they create balanced or uninteresting tanks (brit lines, chinese lines) no one grinds them.  They have to keep us chasing the latest gimmick to keep buying gold, and so they are intentionally releasing something that will probably make the game worse.  We are already past the point of too much alpha/autoloaders, and now they are feeding us both at the same time.

WG doesn't care if the game is actually better or not, they just want to cash grab.  That's worked for them in WOT, but I believe it will crash and burn in the long run.  We will see with WOWP.  But as for these tanks, expect a high average win rate but perhaps less skill ceiling than the foch 155 or US autoloaders.  Also, expect a nerf two patches after release, no refunds.

Working as intended, comrades.

Its a real shame, because overall WoT has serious replay potential. I like it for the same reasons I like Counter Strike, a game which is still being played (and revised) 14 years later. On demand skill based PvP is hard to come by, especially if you don't like RTS and MOBA formats. 

But WG seems intent on torching what they've built with bad design. 

Can you confirm/deny my feelings that the Jagdpanther is only a middling TD?

Uh, no I'd say its a strong tank.  Its got some flaws but it has great firepower and at least decent everything else.

Its a real shame, because overall WoT has serious replay potential. I like it for the same reasons I like Counter Strike, a game which is still being played (and revised) 14 years later. On demand skill based PvP is hard to come by, especially if you don't like RTS and MOBA formats. 

But WG seems intent on torching what they've built with bad design. 

WG is not stupid, they simply have different goals than we do.  They are not interested in making the most fun/balanced tank game they can; they are interested in making the most profitable tank game they can, with an emphasis on the short term.  They run their business like they expect to go under in a year (not an unreasonable assumption, frankly) with no concern for quality of product or brand.  Its obviously working, so who can fault them?  I'd do the same if I owned WG.  Its just a shame for those of us who play for the love of the game instead of as a job.

Is it time for open source gaming design yet?

Uh, no I'd say its a strong tank.  Its got some flaws but it has great firepower and at least decent everything else.

WG is not stupid, they simply have different goals than we do.  They are not interested in making the most fun/balanced tank game they can; they are interested in making the most profitable tank game they can, with an emphasis on the short term.  They run their business like they expect to go under in a year (not an unreasonable assumption, frankly) with no concern for quality of product or brand.  Its obviously working, so who can fault them?  I'd do the same if I owned WG.  Its just a shame for those of us who play for the love of the game instead of as a job.

Is it time for open source gaming design yet?

you are absolutly right

if you ckeck my stats you will see i have played around 1 or 2 batles a day  since a few months ago for 2 main reasons

1st the game favors people who either spend a lot of real money on it or those with a lot of time and credits aka sprem  spaming ( i am not talking about those with skill, becsause if you are good thats that)

another thing for me was Arma 3 ( its not perfect with a lot o bugs still but) its basicly a game that was built for the players to run with it, you pay for a game that you perrty much can do whatever you want, not like WOT where you have to play the way WG wants or GTFO, need i say more

With the way the game is deteriorating even more rapidly lately, should I even bother trying to grind the other CW T10s I wanted?

Or just play the actual tanks I enjoy until the game is just too enraging to even play/the servers get shut down.

After they make ClamWarts even worse do you think the cw players will just give up/leave? as mentioned in Dunxton's dear Quesadilla and whoever thread will they just get bored and die-off? leaving the map to come down to 15 IOC HE-100s vs 15 ARMED HET57s (ok that was retarded but trying to make a point)

What is your opinion of WarBurger tonks? Just more cash-grabbing Russians?

With the way the game is deteriorating even more rapidly lately, should I even bother trying to grind the other CW T10s I wanted?

Yes.  Despite WG's best efforts, they did manage to make a fun game.  Its still got pvp on demand, good depth, good variety...just ignore the tons of slobbering retards failing their way to the top led by cash grabbing communists who are struggling to grasp the basics of running a business.

n3js.png

Working as Intended, Comrades.

Yes.  Despite WG's best efforts, they did manage to make a fun game.  Its still got pvp on demand, good depth, good variety...just ignore the tons of slobbering retards failing their way to the top led by cash grabbing communists who are struggling to grasp the basics of running a business.

Working as Intended, Comrades.

o_o you found my picture

you are absolutly right

if you ckeck my stats you will see i have played around 1 or 2 batles a day since a few months ago for 2 main reasons

1st the game favors people who either spend a lot of real money on it or those with a lot of time and credits aka sprem spaming ( i am not talking about those with skill, becsause if you are good thats that)

another thing for me was Arma 3 ( its not perfect with a lot o bugs still but) its basicly a game that was built for the players to run with it, you pay for a game that you perrty much can do whatever you want, not like WOT where you have to play the way WG wants or GTFO, need i say more

I feel the same way for similar reasons. War gaming has made a great game with some great potential only they seem determined to screw it up. I had a similar conversation with some friends on how they seem to always be releasing more tanks every patch with a couple that are out of balance. And we know they do this on purpose to get the masses to free xp their way to the tank. At best I will play a dozen games a day depending on how they go. I have no intention to pay any money as it does not feel like a good return.

I find myself staring at my desktop and instead of launching wot I'll load up Arma 2 or 3. At least in those games I feel accomplished after a battle. At least there is teamwork. The quality of players in wot leaves much to be desired and having 14 other players you are dependant on means more often then not you will be disappointed. That does not make me want to spend money on the game though. Quite the opposite.

I don't see any nerfs to the waifutrager, rather buffs, as the devs promised, once you play it you see it has many, many flaws.

I haven't played the line, but from what I have seen they are good for horribads (you can at least click and hit once or twice), meh for average players, and good for unica (who are good at leveraging firepower).  I'd expect kewei to put out 5k DPG.  I'd probably put out 3k dpg and win 45%.  Also from what sela/camador platooning showed, the roomba is pretty solid but not quite godlike.  I think sela was better in the JP2 and I'd put cama in a KT over any tank in the game.  But they do decent damage (~2.5k each) and don't need a spotter to snipe, which is nice.

So far every time I've seen the waffletracktor in action I've been like:

kueJNdA.gif

But its hard to say if its the dance or the dancer, ya know?

Also, I want to buy a few tanks, tiers 3-9.  Any suggestions?  Here are some I'm considering:

Hellcat

Chaffee <-- solopub fun

Pershing

T-34-2 (or T-34-3 if I could convince someone to buy it for me)

IS-3

T20

JP2

Roomba or grind the line

AT-7 or grind the line

Try the soviet trash medium line

Conq <-- i loved this tank for some reason

I really like the Pershing since gold ammo for creds + accuracy buff. It's so evil, just peek over hills with a small troll bounce turret and snipe enemies through their front armor at 400m. I just got the T20 back, first time I've played it since I was still new to the game and it's a mean little guy too. No bouncing shots, but its turret is smaller and the profile is so low and sneaky. I always think of a snake creeping along.

*idiot alert* Whats a Roomba? :c

You can't go wrong with a Hellcat though

Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffenträger.

Rheinmetall-Borsig is IIRC shortened to RhmB in the roster.

Also, I want to buy a few tanks, tiers 3-9.  Any suggestions?  Here are some I'm considering:

For sure the hellcat... I know you seem to think otherwise, but that thing is absurdly OP.  Just make sure you always solo with it or there isn't enough damage to go around.

E25 is another foolishly OP tank.

Chaffee is the only reason to play WoT. There is no fun like Chaffee fun. 

Pershing is a new tank for me, I really like it. Also going to use this 2 week sale to re-buy the T20...for the 3rd time. I don't know why I keep selling it, because I always come back.