Pitch_Black

Whats the most stuperific thing you've done in WOTs?

I'm a History major with a special fascination for Military History. Know a lot about it.

Started WOT.

Where did I go to start?

The best lines?

Russian, German or UK tanks?

NO I start the US line despite KNOWING the short coming the US had in its tank lines!

I'm a History major with a special fascination for Military History. Know a lot about it.

Started WOT.

Where did I go to start?

The best lines?

Russian, German or UK tanks?

NO I start the US line despite KNOWING the short coming the US had in its tank lines!

History and the American tank line in WOT have no bearing on each other. The variations of the M4 in WOT are all decent, some good. They'll help teach you hull down, and that's not a bad thing.

Edited by Pitch_Black

Getting my first tier 5, the T1 Heavy (think it was my first) and played a few dusin games in it

and realised that i was pure shit at this game

and thus decided that CAMPING would be the best thing for me to do, since i wouldnt die immidiatly doing it ._.

Luckily i took a 1,5 year break from WoT after that, and was a bit smarter when i came back

On a more recent note, i remember a game a few months ago, where i decided to circle a Centurion mk 1 to death

in my hellcat

on the narrow city streets of himmelsdorf

as soon as i started, i realised what kind of stupid decision it was but it was too late xD

Back from my days on the NA server, I was grinding the Lee. I was on El Haluff and had the gun pointing around the rock up at heavy corner. (This was old Haluff) A Churchill 3 was on the other side taking potshots at my gun, he didn't really do much but neither did I. With no one else from either side coming to this flank i got bored rather quickly...add in my natural over aggression and well I charged not only the Churchill but continued into the enemy base. I will never thank arty again like I did that day. To me in the base things just would not stop exploding, the arty on our team made short work of anything that even thought of pointing its gun at me. While the move worked I still claim it as my most stupid WOT moment. ^^

Not buying the T59 for $30 way back when because I was "playing German tanks and not Russian"

Playing the KV5, I ram the enemy in a tight spot, and kill him.  Another tank pins me from the side, we shot, there's explosions and flames, and I thought I was dead.  I wasn't.  

I started typing a message, then realized I was still alive, but not for long. If I hadn't wasted time typing, I would have got another shot off, maybe two, before being killed, 

Not buying the T59 for $30 way back when because I was "playing German tanks and not Russian"

Haha I did the same and still curse the decision :)

Quite possibly being a dummy for the first 15k battles of my account. Well, maybe not that many, but it seems like I've played so many battles there is no way to raise my win rate...

Standard things ;)

1) Didn't notice all this fuse about premium tanks crew, my T34 crew got three skills and still didn't even start USA HT line

2) I grind all my way to IS-4 (three and a half skill) and IS-7 (two and something skill) and still didn't bother to buy IS-6

3) Used my reward camouflage paint on tanks that I didn't want to keep (IS-8, sorry mates I didn't like it) or I play like a noob (JT 88)

4) sold my fun tank (E-75, ST-I, T-95, IS-3) to buy my first and third tier X

Every time I get Pearl River I crash my tank. Down a too steep cliff. Always the same one.

I am dumb as fuck :)

Rushed an IS-3 in my 50 100 on autoaim.. bounced 4 shots *FAIL* and my team didn't follow... IS-3 finishes me while on reload... oh the shame... and the dent in the desk from my head...

Whats that map with the little city with the canal in it? Thinking I can squeeze past a wreck on the road running parallel in my Caernarvon. Drop one track off the edge. Reverse to try and get onto land again. Make it all the way to the other end of the canal without falling in. My team wins without me firing a shot.

Did the same thing on a bridge crossing while looking off to the side to try and get a shot off, notice my gun seems to be pointing at the sky. Assume I can just drive onto dry land and get the dropped track back up, donk into the land which stops me dead, slide off into the water and die perhaps 25 seconds into the game.

Sidescraping against a group of tanks bouncing shot after shot. Arty focusses me, I'm like, they'll never hit me here, pull out for a shot, arty penetrates my engine deck taking my HP from full 1600 to ZERO. GG arty.

My best one- stubbornly grinding the British heavy line despite multiple warnings that it isn't very good because I've started it and I'm damn well going to finish it!

There are just too many.

But to narrow it down, lets apply the following criteria:

1. It should be clearly stupid in my knowledge prior to the act (not really that stupid if I don't know, that's ignorance)
  2. Directly prior to the act, I should consciously contemplate and understand the stupidity (not that stupid if I am just tired and don't notice)
  3. There can't be any even half-reasonable justification ("we were losing, so I needed to do something to give us a chance..".)
  4. It should have completely thrown the game.  

To be clear, failing these criteria does NOT mean the act wasn't stupid.  It just means it wasn't among the "most stuperific".

Most recently, in the middle of a hard carry in my 50B, I'm trying to outmaneuver and surprise an 800 hp E5 while I will take three hits to kill.  

However, while re-positioning to get a better angle on him, we harmlessly pass each other on parallel streets, so we both know where the other guy is going.  Instead of restealthing and trying to surprise him again, I immediately turn towards him and notice him turning his good armor to me.  There is plenty of time remaining.  I consciously think that I could disengage and re-engage on more favorable terms, but go for it anyways.  I rush the shots, bouncing three times, and he kills me on my reload.  

Playing the KV5, I ram the enemy in a tight spot, and kill him.  Another tank pins me from the side, we shot, there's explosions and flames, and I thought I was dead.  I wasn't.  

I started typing a message, then realized I was still alive, but not for long. If I hadn't wasted time typing, I would have got another shot off, maybe two, before being killed, 

It drives me crazy that it isn't always clear.  Not sure if they fixed this, but I have been using white death to make it obvious for many patches now.  

Not stupid as much as it is a poor design.

so much to be said. but classic ones :

starting WOT by the french lines... It took me a few hundred battles to understand that it is not the best of ideas to actually enjoying the game (AMX40!).

And the crew thing... Starting each new tank with a 50% crew for a long time.

Buying premium tank with a crew... and using them. Buying a premium before knowing basic gameplay and above my tier at the time (only tier2/3 tanks and having a church 3).

Shooting the last tank on our cap.  Stop, thinking the battle was over, when there was actually one more enemy tank left aaaaaand BOOM  =(

When new to the game not knowing there was a reload button.  Shooting off the rest of a clip whenever I wanted to force a reload.

I have a habit of accidentally driving/sliding/falling into the numerous bodies of water periodically. Every couple hundred battles, I'll be focused on the minimap and just drive right into the canals on Windstorm.

Or Erlenberg, or Lakeville...

Trying to grind pretty much every line and play every tank in the game all at the same time.  I did that up until about 12k battles before I came to my senses...

I still do that today.  I play far too many tanks but, I find it adds to my fun so, I grind everything!

I don't see how this is a bad thing.  When I first started I played as many lines as possible to get a feel for what I liked.  It ended up being one of the biggest factors to improving quickly since I could learn firsthand the strengths and weaknesses of different types of tanks.

To this day, I still grind 3+ lines at a time.  I can't imagine sticking to only one tank or one type of tank, it sounds horrifically boring.