GunnSm0ke

Zoom x4 mod

Just curious for those that use this mod what levels do you use?

I go up to x12 max.

For those that may go higher do you think it helps you and why?

(Wasn't sure where to put this thread, please move if not in right place)

x16 is my max. I'm not sure if it'd help noticeably more than x12; I actually kind of doubt it'd do anything at all. But I'm used to it and I love how it makes bushes incredibly sparse for dat sniping, so me-yow.

Mine goes to x16 and it's very useful for seeing through bushes. Like Rex said, it makes them sparse and easier to shoot through and being closer makes leading easier. I'm going to tack on x32 and see how that works.

x4, x8, x16, x24

I had x32 up until a couple days ago and found the aiming was too sensitive for my shaky hands at that zoom. Replaced it with x24 and all is good. My eyesight is not all that great and the fact that I can see past the leaves to my intended target has made a big difference when playing TD's or sniping in general. 

I am not sure of the zoom limit but X32 does work. The tank is in your face at this level.

Where do you guys download your zoom mod?  It appears the one I use goes to 16x but idk if its 8.9 compatible

Also when you get mods that use multiples of the same folder like "scripts" when it ask if you want to merge the folder do you select copy and replace or copy and keep original?

I don't like Melty's, I have been using the distance mod linked to here. http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/1pgsqn/89_mod_list

Or I was, but then another mod I installed off that list gave me the ability to zoom out, so that fixed that.

As for replacing or keeping the original it depends on whether the new mod or old mod that the file comes with is more important. Sometimes it doesn't matter but I'll keep or replace based on which I need more.

Also when you get mods that use multiples of the same folder like "scripts" when it ask if you want to merge the folder do you select copy and replace or copy and keep original?

While multiple mods may have the "scripts" folder, the contents of the folder may be different. I recommend you always go to the end of the "folder tree" and see what the contents are.

Example: scripts/client/gui/mods....  vs...... scripts/client/gui/scaleform

Instead of copying the whole "scripts folder all you would need is the "scaleform" folder added into the "gui" folder.

If the mods use the same files then what Agamemnon said, you would have to choose which mod you want to use as one would overwrite the other.

If I can help you with building a mod pack please let me know what mods you are interested in and I'll give it a shot.

Happy to help.

I agree with Gunn, if it's not a mod I'm familiar with I move the files in on a folder basis. By now I'm familiar enough with several, I know what files they have and what affects what, so I merge a lot more. When I get a new one I don't do that especially for sensitive folders like gui and scripts.

I'm using the stock 2 4 8

not a fan of high zoom in, it makes me feel vertigo

Same here.

GunnSmoke you went from 2x to 30x on the AIO Mod you set up that I use ... I love it.

It's great for sniping with TDs which I use a lot.

The only inherent danger is severe tunnel vision ... CHECK YOUR MINI MAP WHEN ZOOMED IN OFTEN!