Ruestir

[NA] M--M Recruiting Decree

While we haven't been doing clan wars as much recently... We have been doing a fair amount of 7.42 team battles and tournaments.

Our tournament team The_Underscores just finished 6th overall in the Open League preseason tournament.  Not too bad for our first real tournament like this and having to try out some new lineups, new callers, etc.

M--M and M-I-T are looking to form a second tournament team as well if any of you are interested in that kind of thing.

So, with TheMarine moving on to bigger places, I've taken over as recruiter.  Hope I can do as well as he did.

Back into CW last night.  6-0, took two provinces.  Will be doing landings in the World on Fire as we have adequate people on and someone willing to call.  Our goal is not to dominate the CW map.  We do landings to give our members actual CW experience so they can add to their WoT resume to help them move into a true CW clan.  If you are one of those guys without enough tier X to get into an active CW clan, join us and fight when you can while grinding out the tens you need.  You will have ample opportunity to not only fight and learn CW tactics, but you will be able to try your hand at calling strats as well.  Again, all aimed at teaching you.  When you are ready you can move on with no hard feelings, or you can stay and enjoy a more laid back CW experience and help with the training.  

Well, we had a pretty fair showing in the World on Fire event.  Got some "free" tanks, some nice gold, and lots of gudfites.  Have been dabbling more in the Skirmishes, which are proving to be really easy gold.  Get to juggle CW landings tonight and Alpha Playoff battles.  Still need more folks in Tier X to boost our CW capabilities.  Will be online from 9pm Eastern until the wee hours, feel free to message me if you are looking.

We know that given our focus on the training aspect, that we aren't going to break in as a top CW clan.  What we offer is a group of really competitive folks who can offer the guy with 1 or 2 CW tanks the option of good competitive CW experience and help grinding out those extra few tanks and improving his stats to move onto a bigger more CW active clan.  With folks moving on it means we have to pick and choose when we fight, and we usually have only 1 team capable of fighting on a given night.  Maybe as our reputation grows we can increase that, but we are fine with it now.  We have seen a fair number of folks leave just in the last couple of weeks with the 742 clan forming and Trex and Marine moving to bigger CW clans.  We are working on moving some M-I-T folks to fill in the slots, as well as working to bring new recruits in.  Most of the guys that left can be found on our TS on any given night, either just goofing around or platooning with folks.  We harbor no hard feelings toward them, and we see them moving to those clans as an example of our success as a training clan.  

Personally, I enjoy playing my Tier 10's in CW, but I am not completely hung up on having fights every night.  I like platooning with other folks and especially with some of the folks from M-I-T and help them get better.  I've found I really like the tourneys and hope to see our participation increase there, as well.  

I guess this is the best place to ask:

How do you guys deal with the fact that many of your members will leave for a different clan once they've reached a certain level of skill?

It really does mean that MM did their job. When I joined MM (was in there for about 100 days) I was barely 50.5% WR, 1100 overall WN8 and 1700ish WN8 recent (53% recent).

At my *peak* in MM, my recent was 2450ish and 61% WR. These have gone down, as much of those were slightly inflated by a LOT of platooning, Im probably a 54-56% WR 2100WN8 overall solo type player, and Ive started grinding down some fun! lines now that I have a good stable of tier 10's for Clam Warts (T57H, WTF E100, Bat, 140, T62A unlocked). 

Minions did their job, and did it very well. I got to play with a lot of players better than myself, and I got to teach incomers what Ive learned. If I run into MIT guys for example, I'll jump into their TS and coach them on how the battle went and what they might have done differently. When I see MM, I know Im going to get a guy who most of the time will know their tanks, know their roll, and wont be afraid to help someone out. 

Im getting even better information and access as a member of Relic, but I wouldnt have had access as quickly to them without the success of Minion training

any clan that brings more people who want to get better onto the global map is a good cause. Best of luck to yah 

Thanks.  

We need more folks interested in CW to join, summertime is making it hard to field a team on regular enough basis to take and hold any land.  

We are, also, delving into Skirmish tourneys and have been winning a decent amount of gold, despite my terribad calling.  

Anyone interested, contact me and we can talk.   Our TS is: m--m.enjinvoice.com

Thinking about joining either M--M or Kimbo/Limbo - I'll jump on the TS tonight if I get a chance to chat about M--M.  Looking to get better and for people to platoon with (plus, minions are awesome) and occasional CW or tournaments - on weekends, mainly.  I had originally applied for M-I-T back in March but only ever got a platoon with one recruiter, since they weren't around when I play, since I usually play most evenings from 9pm-12am PST. 

10 - Obj 140, T57 Heavy

9 - M103 (140k until T110E5), T-54 (60k to the T62A), (M46 Patton & T54E1 not in garage ATM)

8 - Object 416, IS-3, Pershing, (T32, T69, ISU-152 not in garage), 25k exp away from the AMX 13 75

Pref 8's  - FCM 50t, IS-6

Thinking about joining either M--M or Kimbo/Limbo - I'll jump on the TS tonight if I get a chance to chat about M--M.  Looking to get better and for people to platoon with (plus, minions are awesome) and occasional CW or tournaments - on weekends, mainly.  I had originally applied for M-I-T back in March but only ever got a platoon with one recruiter, since they weren't around when I play, since I usually play most evenings from 9pm-12am PST. 

10 - Obj 140, T57 Heavy

9 - M103 (140k until T110E5), T-54 (60k to the T62A), (M46 Patton & T54E1 not in garage ATM)

8 - Object 416, IS-3, Pershing, (T32, T69, ISU-152 not in garage), 25k exp away from the AMX 13 75

Pref 8's  - FCM 50t, IS-6

I'll be out of town until Sunday at least and won't be in-game or on TS.  Kinda hard to get a good connection 5 miles off the Lake MI shoreline.  ;-)  Pining may be on, but I think he has WGLNA commitments.  

We've been running Stronghold Skirmishes the past couple nights and will continue to do so.  A very nice break from general pub battles, even platooned.  Need more folks to more reliably run higher tiered matches and maybe run multiple teams.  

Darn, so close last night, just 10 more seconds and we would've held it.  Then again, having 3 tier 9s instead of 10s definitely hurts a bit.  I'll get that tier 10 someday, then I'll be able to hold my own more in these Clan Wars.

Darn, so close last night, just 10 more seconds and we would've held it.  Then again, having 3 tier 9s instead of 10s definitely hurts a bit.  I'll get that tier 10 someday, then I'll be able to hold my own more in these Clan Wars.

You do realize that after how you played in your E-50 a couple nights ago, you will never be allowed to bring anything but the E-50?  :tank2: