NightmareMk9

Do you play without any MODs when the new patches come out?

I didn't have time to play for the last couple days and I read some of the posts about crashes.

So last night I played all night with zero mods installed.

It feels like a HUGE disadvantage not to have the full details on the mini-map.  I can remember the last couple tanks close to my position, but 80% of the map feels like a crap shoot without the "Last Positions".

Most of the other mods were not a big deal (since I didn't play arty).

It is a fairly sizable disadvantage, yes, and its almost entirely the minimap; part of the reason why I hate that mod. WG either needs to ban it or (better) add it to the game.

I've made so many mod packs after each patch that I've gotten a really good idea of what kinds of things I like, so usually setting up the ~10 mods I use takes just an hour or so.

The mods I use are in my profile section. I have them there so I can have a fast link to each of the mods in order to see if they've been updated to current or not. Takes less than 10 minutes for me to prep my mods after every patch.

Usually, by the time NA gets our patch, the mods have all been updated and are ready for NA Consumption.

The mods I use are in my profile section. I have them there so I can have a fast link to each of the mods in order to see if they've been updated to current or not. Takes less than 10 minutes for me to prep my mods after every patch.

Usually, by the time NA gets our patch, the mods have all been updated and are ready for NA Consumption.

yep.  I use aslain's pack + melty's crosshairs, and they are usually updated by the time the patch hits.

I play with out mods 24/7 , it's been over a year since i've last used any mods. 

I do bug my platoon mates on TS though as to which tank is which on the mini map 

Addicted to mods, specifically Roughnecks. The information it provides on the mini map is invaluable including spotting and draw range. 

I dont usually use mods (too lazy), but from watching streams that minimap mod looks helpful enough to spark my interest

Also the zoom out mod could be put to good work in some situations

Still looking for a texture compression mod >.< (Anyone got one?)

Hard to tonk with 12fps 

I feel woefully uninformed without mods.  I might try a battle or two on patch day without mods, but the few I use are almost always updated by the time we get the patch.  I merely download, install, run a replay to make sure it's all working, and go from there. 

I dont usually use mods (too lazy), but from watching streams that minimap mod looks helpful enough to spark my interest

Also the zoom out mod could be put to good work in some situations

Still looking for a texture compression mod >.< (Anyone got one?)

Hard to tonk with 12fps 

http://pkwot.blogspot.com/2013/10/89-texture-compression-by-kirvik.html

There you go. I use it and it does the trick. The only thing I noticed is that I still get FPS drops when looking through bushes, but only on a few maps. On the other maps it's fine... I don't know what changed, but that didn't happen in 8.8... Maybe I'll go even lower and get the 12.5% :/

As long as the xvm mini map mod is working I wont bother with the stat pack right away, usually a few days in when i have the free time.  Its usually pretty safe to assume everyone on your team wit out some decent clan's tags will be full potato.  

I feel woefully uninformed without mods.  I might try a battle or two on patch day without mods, but the few I use are almost always updated by the time we get the patch.  I merely download, install, run a replay to make sure it's all working, and go from there. 

That's what I've done the last few updates, or do a training room with my son (he's Tier 1) until I have it right.

I need last known position, a spotting cool-down chirp, and tier # on the minimap. I play casually so I cannot remember the tier of every new tank -- knowing where the +2 tanks are vs. the -2 tanks is a big deal. I had to mod the script of the latest version of Locastan's minimap to show tier, he must know the tier of every tank in the game.

I'd like to modify XVM to only show the players stats in that particular tank, not overall. If anyone knows how I'd appreciate any feedback!

It is a fairly sizable disadvantage, yes, and its almost entirely the minimap; part of the reason why I hate that mod. WG either needs to ban it or (better) add it to the game.

Don't forget those zoom mods that let you look around corners or over buildings way too easily.

It's time for #mod-to-win to get wrekt! =D

I always play one battle, usually low tier, without mods.

Just to make sure everything works.

I just google xvm, aslains, lochastan session stats and j1mb0s, download each of them, then extract them.

Takes about 3mins.

I seem to miss my zoomout mod most after each patch (I prefer to view more of my surroundings when not in sniper view and the standard camera distance is just not cutting it for me), so this is the mod I update first. By the way: Does anyone know of a standalone Mod which just shows the enemy spotting distance (as in melty´s)?

Zoom and minimap are must for me. Hitlog is added benefit and sixth sense with sound allows me to focus on surroundings more. Also reload in seconds was very helpful. And custom crosshairs just because I like em. I usually test them in tutorial a bit.

I actually don't mind playing without mods, I think the most important mod of all is the minimap, but only because it gives you the view range circle and draw box which are easily abused. The other stuff like gun line on map, proxy circle, tank names and last seen just make it less stressful, none of it provides a huge benefit like view range and draw box.

It takes me about 5 min to set up my mods (using Gamertech's mod pack). And since I can't play immediately when the update goes live, I always wait till the mod pack gets updated (as fast as 1 hr after patch) and hence don't have to suffer vanilla

15 games on Saturday Night - zero crashes

I crashed about 5 games after installing Roughnecks

I re-named the Application file (WOT>res_mods>8.9>gui>flash>Application) and no more crashes.

Most of the mods I use are fluff, so yes, I often go a bit without them every time there is a patch.

(Not like any mod is going to magically drag me from my pit of mediocrity anyhow....)