Valachio

T-34-1

Meh of a tank, aiming time and accuracy on the move is really really annoying.  You can't pull off shots on the move and literally you have to sit and aim for 3 seconds, even when shooting a target 200m away after stopping.

At least it's not as bad as the KV-4

NFHlfvE.jpg

4 of these battles were solopubbed, got really lucky teams that carried me.  All battles played with fully upped modules.

strengths:

• good front and side turret armor
  • good pen for a tier 7 medium
  • good alpha for a tier 7 medium
  • quite nimble
  • low profile
  • view range is actually quite nice
  • it's chinese

cons:

• not T29
  • not T29
  • not T29
  • shitty hull armor all around
  • get lit on fire from front
  • ammo racked from front (all modules basically have 0 hp)
  • long aim time + shitty accuracy on move
  • idk man it's just not a t29

EDIT 1: Ok so about 17 battles on it so far.  Stats generally remained the same, avg exp dropped a bit, win rate went up to 80%.  This tank, I have to say, is completely balanced for a tier 7 medium.  I do think this is probably the best tier 7 medium.  It's just I've been completely spoiled by playing the T29 so much.  Will grind through this tank completely and do a full review.

EDIT 2: Okay so 45 battles now I'm about to throw some monitor out of my house's 2nd floor window onto the street into the most expensive car I see.  I don't know if it's just I'm too spoiled by the T29 or what, but the more I play this pos the more I start to hate it.  I can't stand playing tanks with no armor, I NEED TO BOUNCE SHELLS GOD DAMN IT.  Btw this gun is absolutely shit.  Without 8.6, I would've free exp-ed this tank just because of its gun long ago.  Did I mention you can be ammo racked from full hp, from the front, by a 90mm gun on this tank?

fUW2Dbx.jpg

What would make it better than the T20? I loved the T-34-1, the turret was bouncy az fuck, but... twice the depression, way better aimtime, better acceleration, better top speed, better view range... meow.

Problem I had with the T20 is that it has zero armor. I mean you don't have to aim at a T20 because the turret is as weak as the hull. I huess my playstyle require some kind of armor. I absolutely hated the t20 btw even though I have decent stats on it solopubbing

I would take a T20 over 2 of these. I've had this tank for so many months and I have a set of 4 skill crews but I have maybe 40k of exp on it. The 100mm without vert stab is atrocious.

I would take a T20 over 2 of these. I've had this tank for so many months and I have a set of 4 skill crews but I have maybe 40k of exp on it. The 100mm without vert stab is atrocious.

Play some IS-6 and you won't mind the T-34-1's gun

IS-6 also can afford to sit there and aim with its armor. The turret armor on this is rather trivial consider the limited situations you can actually put to use. I rather get my shot out fast in T20 and back into cover so I don't have to use my armor at all.

Even with vstabs, the performance of the gun is worse than the T-34-1's

The whole point of vstabs isn't to improve fully aimed accuracy o.o"

It's supposed to reduce bloom considerably so you don't have to sit as long to aim.  (And moveshots are more accurate with vstabs as a result)

The whole point of vstabs isn't to improve fully aimed accuracy o.o"

It's supposed to reduce bloom considerably so you don't have to sit as long to aim.  (And moveshots are more accurate with vstabs as a result)

yeah so basically the general performance of the gun

I kinda like it.

It reminds me a of a Type 59 mini-me

Its quick and the turret is pretty bouncy

I start out sniping with it and then late game when I moved in a drive circles around the heavys getting lots of flank and ass end shots

Its got an 8.2% effective camoflage rating when firing

with GLD,Rammer,Optics but actually was thinking of putting vents on it for better gun handling

Perks

6th sense, snap shot, smooth ride, safe stowage

Camo

Just wait for T-34-2. RIP.

T-34-2 has respectable alpha. T-34-1 is best armored T7 medium, so it is probably closest to T29 in its tier. But yes, it is not T29 - it can return to base to reset or move even fast without being seen.

How would it be with maxed gunhandling?  i.e. vents,GLD, optics+food. Does it catch on infrequently enough to drop the FE? The T20 has really gotten me liking higher alpha mediums.

I was playing back during the great Type 59 zerg when you would routinely get 5-8 pre-nerf Types per side with me in an easy 8. The thought of a watered down type at tier 7 is very appealing.

How would it be with maxed gunhandling?  i.e. vents,GLD, optics+food. Does it catch on infrequently enough to drop the FE? The T20 has really gotten me liking higher alpha mediums.

I was playing back during the great Type 59 zerg when you would routinely get 5-8 pre-nerf Types per side with me in an easy 8. The thought of a watered down type at tier 7 is very appealing.

I was wondering this myself.  I see the potential of this tank, I just never quite get there.  I see a red KV-2 player looking the wrong way, pull up behind him 5m away, wait 3s, shoot.  Then I wonder where the shot went since it bounced off a building 3 stories above him or the dirt.  A Chinese 0.42 gun certainly does not equal a Russian 0.42 gun.  Other than the SU-122-44 D-25S which must have mistakenly been coded with a star instead of a hammer and sickle. 

Alpha is king. Also, I love the handling of the tank. I never found the T-34-85 and the T-43 to handle/cloak as well as their Chinese counterparts. They feel like REAL ninjas. 

The gun has its derpy times but keep in mind it's the IS-2's stock gun. 

Is the bloom better than, about equal to, or worse than the Indien Pz.'s 9cm? I'm generally okay with long aim time guns, so long as they have some sort of compensation for it and I can use camo to aim in or abuse hull-down, normal or unconventional.