Sign in to follow this  
zaha

T-34-2 Help

Greetings.

I just bought T-34-2.

The question is which gun is the best for it. Is it the 122mm or 100mm?

Equipment?

And is this tank worth it?

100mm is much easier since they nerfed the gold penetration of the 122mm. though the 122mm can still be a great gun, just don't try to snipe something.

122-

GLD

V.stabs

Rammer

100-

wet ammo rack, CO2 filled tanks, vents

V.stabs

Rammer

Crew skills:

Commander: Sixth sense, Repairs, BIA

Gunner: Snap shot, Repairs, BIA

Driver: Smooth ride, Repairs, BIA

Loader: Safe stowage, Repairs, BIA

most enjoyable tank i've ever played, but then again, i'm not normal(decide for yourself if you like it :verysmug: )

These are all personal preferences, i can not guarantee anything.

100mm is much easier since they nerfed the gold penetration of the 122mm. though the 122mm can still be a great gun, just don't try to snipe something.

122-

GLD

V.stabs

Rammer

100-

wet ammo rack, CO2 filled tanks, vents

V.stabs

Rammer

Crew skills:

Commander: Sixth sense, Repairs, BIA

Gunner: Snap shot, Repairs, BIA

Driver: Smooth ride, Repairs, BIA

Loader: Safe stowage, Repairs, BIA

most enjoyable tank i've ever played, but then again, i'm not normal(decide for yourself if you like it :verysmug: )

These are all personal preferences, i can not guarantee anything.

Just wondering, what made T-34-2 so enjoyable for you?  Currently grinding through the T-34-1 and not liking it too much, even though people say 34-1 is much better than 34-2 tier for tier.

The omgwtf 122mm(still had 300mm HEAT pen) coupled with awesome mobility, stronk turret armor and 2 carrier platoonmates.

downsides are: gun depression, 175AP/250MM HEAT pen, every shot to the sides is either an ammorack or/and engine/fire, frontal fuel tanks which makes CO2 filled tanks mandatory.

But if you are a fan of highly inaccurate guns with long aim time this is the tank for you ;)

Fun fact: If you can't aim, this tank will learn you to do so. Every shot counts as you will notice soon enough(not saying you can't aim)

I'm just mid blue on it, but I'll throw my two cents in because there's not much talk on this tank line.

I play it by taking cowardly camo shots. After firing, I backpedal into the bushes and use the reload timer as a lights-off countdown. Once 9-10 seconds of reload are done and I'm sure I'm unrevealed, I poke out of the shrubs and use the rest of the reload time to aim the next shot. (As a point for personal improvement, I think I need to better gauge when I should spend that 9-10 secs to reposition and when I should just wait to go lights-off.)

With this sort of playstyle, I don't think the 1.2ish seconds of faster reload from the rammer are worth it. Since I wait the full 10 secs to disappear, moving forward and taking aim takes a whole 3ish seconds even with a VStab and GLD: exactly the reload time without a rammer! This frees up a slot for optics/vents, which allows me to play passive spotter if needed (though I think I need to better gauge when to switch gears and go wannabe scout). When in scouting mode, I figure that I'm not wasting as much potential damage compared to other mediums while I hold my fire to stay hidden since the single shot fired right before scooting away has respectable alpha tacked on it.

What do you unicorns think? Does this sort of play have a low skill ceiling? Is it a waste to polish this style?

There's nothing wrong with your style, it even is a good way to play. The 34-2 has very good camo and has a respectable 380 base viewrange so it's a good platform for a spotter.

It's just that i prefer my boompipe firing as fast as possible :smallsmile:

I've always heard it mentioned that if you want the 100, you should switch over to the Russian line and pick up a T-44. The inverse applies as well. If you want a 122 on the T-44, switch over to the Chinese line and ride T-34-2.

This is why I found myself on the Chinese line right after unlocking the T-54.

I use the 100mm with GLD, vstabs, and rammer.  2.9 aimtime is pretty bad especially when you combine it with the poor depression.  It plays well in a sneaky sniper role where you can keep the DPM running.  Here's an example.

Wow.

GG~

Although I understand the arguments in favor of the 122mm, the platform is absolutely horrible. the 12sec or so reload is just abysmal and completely kills this tank for me. As soon as anyone, even a comet, decides to attack you, you're toast. Because this gun can't even hit reliably at ten meters. The 100mm is just a bad medium tank gun and has nothing going for it either. I did not enjoy the 34-1, and I absolutely hate this turd.

yeah it's funny how that thing actually cannot pen an IS-3 after its buff anymore :P 

Good job WG. You driving a T8 chinese medium tank and cannot pen IS-3? Well, go screw yourself!

It's "okay" and I'm getting used to that tank with the 100mm and occasional APCR usage, but I have to say, I hate using gold ammo. But on the other hand, meh.

I would NOT recommend the 122 to anyone. It's a one-trick pony and the DPM is just atrocious. And the module / crew damage is hilarious. Haha it's funny because it's chinese and it breaks all the time haha!

Finally free xp'd the remaining 70k to get the wz-120, I couldn't stand it anymore. I don't know what's wrong with that tank, it's cursed or something. I swear this was the last grind ever, now i have three good t9 meds and three good t10 mediums, nothing left that i'd be remotely interested in grinding anymore. Tier 5 -9 is just SHIT for solopubbers, and I won't go back :)