Sign in to follow this  
Volguus

Starting my journey from red to green (and beyond!)

Hi all

Volguus (EU) here.  I don't think I'll ever be purple, but at the moment, I've set my lofty goal at being solid green across the board.  

I jumped straight into WOT, and made sooooo many mistakes (quick rushes, fire a few shots, die) that after 3k battles I had a WN7 of <500 and avg damage of 250.

Since then I've started to read a lot on this forum and learned from clanmates in platoons, and as a result, my 30 and 7 day stats are already looking better.  I now make it a priority to do at least 1x my own HP damage (not quite @ x2 yet) and to try to survive for as long as possible.

I'm also finding that I need to stop playing so many tanks at the same time, and rather stick with things that have similar playstyles in a single session.

Thanks for this forum, it's a great place for people like me (who want to get better) to learn!

Volguus (CryII)

welcome! Its always nice to see people come here to get better. I hope you find what your looking for.

the hard grind to gudness@tanks is a long one, but as long as you keep learning new things, and trying to become better, you should rise quite quickly

(also, it helps that our starting with so few games :P )

(also, it helps that our starting with so few games :P )

lol

wish i'd found this place @ 500 battles, not a month ago :)

Best place to get better fastest!  Folks here are wonderfully helpful and by all means, get in the WotLabs EU Channel, amazing platoon opportunities there.

6 months in, two monumentally stupid things done:

1)  IS-6 challenge

2)  Super P challenge

I'm playing tanks I don't like, and then staying at 1200-1500 per session on good nights.  Last 3 weeks have been terribad, playing 800-1000!

WTF is wrong with me???  Why can't I learn to stick with things I like?  1700 on T29, at least that'll get me towards green.

Someone slap some sense into me...

W00t!  Overall yellow!  And two sessions in a row @ dark green, so recent is on its way to green!

I'm kinda proud of myself, in a po-ta-toe way...

Tier 8 premium session from a few days ago:

QMoHma2.jpg

You new guys have it easy :/ it took me 12k games to get green with only general discussion on the official forums as my guide, now we have wotlabs. Congratulations on your progress and your early desire to improve, you should be able to get to purple with the work you're putting in ;)

I'm playing tanks I don't like, and then staying at 1200-1500 per session on good nights.  Last 3 weeks have been terribad, playing 800-1000!

WTF is wrong with me???  Why can't I learn to stick with things I like?  1700 on T29, at least that'll get me towards green.

Someone slap some sense into me...

I have roughly the same problem.  Though I was playing the M103 which I like.  Averaging 1500 per night over 15-30 battles.  A week ago I could do nothing right.  So I put the M103 away for a few days.  I managed to elite the T-43 on Friday, the M103 on Saturday, and the ARL 44 on Monday.  So this week I've been playing whatever I want, mostly the T-34-1 and Centurion.

And my WN8 has jumped to 1600+.  OK, the new WN8 table makes life easier for me.  And the MM and RNJesus have shown me a lot of love.  But I don't really know what I'm doing differently.  A few months ago it was a struggle to stay in green.  Now I've made it to dark green.

A few things I think have happened:

1. I'm doing fewer stupid mistakes;

2. When I do fuck up, I then pull back and play very defensively;

3. I've figured out how to deal with most tier IX and X tanks.

Point 2 is probably the most important for WN8.  I can think of a few battles recently where through poor situational awareness I lost most of my HP in the first 5 minutes.  I then spent the next 5 minutes surviving and ended up in the top 5 damage dealers for my team.  Previously I would have been so pissed of I would have charged the nearest enemy, got one last shot off, died and exited to garage.