Enaris

Caernarvon

13 hours ago, EthanDuong said:

If you let the IS-3 auto aim your Caern you are playing it wrong. It's a hulldown sniper/support heavy. The turret is CAX's and combined with the handling and depression it is excellent at hulldown. And it doesn't have to actually aim for 3 seconds like the T32.

I just sold my Caern today to buy the Conq - despite being UP, I really did not have any difficulty with it. I only wish WG would improve it RoF and mobility a bit to raise the skill ceiling, unlike the IS-3 and T32 22RRRRmbLmb. Tbh I hate the T32 guts - Even the T28P can sometimes be more enjoyable.

Well, IS-3s had a tendency to snapshot my turret. For the love of god, I hid my hull at all times, its made of pure ammoracks.

I liked T 32 with 90 mm and goldspam (also, I performed very well regarding winrate). 3 seconds maybe with 105, but 90 mm 1.5 sec is more than enough.

Gold penetration in T-32 and Caern are the same, for 10 more alpha. Whole tank is just better in every regard except Chai snipe. Higher view range, for Gods sake. With that and god mode turret and no arty i would (BIA, optics, SIA)simply go mid on Malinovka/Prokh and spot all.

What a bully tank if you get hulldown (which is easy, turret is strong for full exposure, not just for 1-2 seconds)

im at the tail end of this grind. absolutely painless. loved it. was holding a 70 percent solo pub wr. perma tracking e5s is lawl

23 hours ago, Felicius said:

Well, IS-3s had a tendency to snapshot my turret. For the love of god, I hid my hull at all times, its made of pure ammoracks.

I liked T 32 with 90 mm and goldspam (also, I performed very well regarding winrate). 3 seconds maybe with 105, but 90 mm 1.5 sec is more than enough.

Gold penetration in T-32 and Caern are the same, for 10 more alpha. Whole tank is just better in every regard except Chai snipe. Higher view range, for Gods sake. With that and god mode turret and no arty i would (BIA, optics, SIA)simply go mid on Malinovka/Prokh and spot all.

What a bully tank if you get hulldown (which is easy, turret is strong for full exposure, not just for 1-2 seconds)

If you like clubbing baddie with impunity, sure go right ahead but that's not my idea of fun :P I prefer high risk high reward tank with an actual challenge :P

One game, got three times ammoracked. First penetrating shot ammoracked me first time already. 2880 Blocked but half of shots that got through ammoracked me. Such fun game mechanic stronk british modules too.

On 10/25/2016 at 10:08 PM, EthanDuong said:

If you like clubbing baddie with impunity, sure go right ahead but that's not my idea of fun :P I prefer high risk high reward tank with an actual challenge :P

Caern feels more like high risk low reward to me.

63% win rate from stock to elite solopub; hated it every step of the way.

7 hours ago, Hally said:

Caern feels more like high risk low reward to me.

63% win rate from stock to elite solopub; hated it every step of the way.

It's hard to call the Caern a high-reward tank given the pew-pew levels of alpha and the shitty RoF/DPM. The low top speed also stops you from playing aggressively. As a result of all that you're more like a hulldown med that's reduced to a point defence role than anything else. It's like an even more extreme version of the 4202.

On 11/24/2016 at 1:29 PM, lavawing said:

It's hard to call the Caern a high-reward tank given the pew-pew levels of alpha and the shitty RoF/DPM. The low top speed also stops you from playing aggressively. As a result of all that you're more like a hulldown med that's reduced to a point defence role than anything else. It's like an even more extreme version of the 4202.

What I mean is that instead of a fool-proof armor layout like the T32 you get an arguably much better gun.

There's some speculation about the Caernarvon getting another change:

New Turret for the Caernarvon

It does seem like they are going back to the pre-Action X turret, but maybe even tougher than before 

4 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

There's some speculation about the Caernarvon getting another change:

New Turret for the Caernarvon

It does seem like they are going back to the pre-Action X turret, but maybe even tougher than before 

From pictures all but super thick mantlet is weak and flat. Mantlet cover about 50% of turret front. I can´t say if this will be better than not but to me it looks worse all around than CAX-turret. Especially if it is stock turret with just that mantlet the turret sides are complete crap. CAX-turret has surprisingly effective sides if shot from 30 degrees from frontal angle and that is IMO pretty important when hulldown.

T32 will still remain the king of the hills, while the Caern will be found hiding behind the T32, 200-300m away, ducking in and out to take shots, and still get shot and penetrated

Shitturion treatment...they are nerfing the brits hard...even the poor Comet...

WG must give UK tanks a serious break from silent nerfs and powercreep. There are like just a few viable tanks - Matilda, Crommie, and Conq (FV for lovers of rear turret tanks only).

I think they should give the UK heavies and meds below tier 9 80% mm weight at least. Not that they would be more fun to play...just not a dead weight.

OT: I sometimes wonder why WG doesn´t add more tiers and rework the game that way? There should be enough data already. Also that would make a new MM and thus maybe give the whole game new gameplay ideas. Why WG is contricted to 10 tiers? With this current powercreep? Why not make 12-15 tiers with current tanks -- why not 20 tiers to balance out the +2 -2 MM cry we hear all the time? Balancing is hard but if one makes smaller increments of balancing is that even harder? Please educate me

On 11/30/2016 at 4:29 AM, TohtoriP said:

OT: I sometimes wonder why WG doesn´t add more tiers and rework the game that way? There should be enough data already. Also that would make a new MM and thus maybe give the whole game new gameplay ideas. Why WG is contricted to 10 tiers? With this current powercreep? Why not make 12-15 tiers with current tanks -- why not 20 tiers to balance out the +2 -2 MM cry we hear all the time? Balancing is hard but if one makes smaller increments of balancing is that even harder? Please educate me

Wait for WoT2

On 11/30/2016 at 0:01 AM, ThomChen114 said:

T32 will still remain the king of the hills, while the Caern will be found hiding behind the T32, 200-300m away, ducking in and out to take shots, and still get shot and penetrated

Caern is now a retarded T26E5, or a retarded 4202. The Lowe after 9.17 will probably more effective in its role.

On 24/11/2016 at 5:29 PM, lavawing said:

Yeah the Caernavon feels exactly like a FV4202 to me, before it got the speed buffs, except its three times bigger, has 10m more viewrange, has no camo, 50 more dpm, and some better gun handling.  Which doesn't seem like anywhere near a decent tradeoff.

The problem is that first you need a map this tank can go hulldown on.  Because if you are in range you will be spotted for sure, and thats when everyone opens fire on you. Secondly, you need to be support for other tanks, because you don't have the alpha or DPM to solo hold a point. Thirdly, you have to have opponents that are stupid enough to sit out in the open on a map and try and pen your turret at 300m without attempting to flank you.  Fourth, you have to have no arty trying to bomb the everloving shit out of you.

If all of those things goes right, then you can have a good game with it.  I don't know where people are getting these 2000 avg dmg games from, since whenever the enemy team sees a Caernavon, it seems to turn into open season and they see you as an xp pinata.  People will ignore the tanks in front of you just to take a shot at your ammorack.  And all the arty have made you priority 1 target.

My god this tank is horrible.  It's basically a slow centurion 1 with worse dpm.  It's completely useless if you can't find a perfect spot on a hill to peak over.  It can't even effectively hull down on level ground behind cover. 

Is there any reason why I shouldn't dump this entire fucking useless line and retire my heavy crew to the Tog?

17 hours ago, lt_lolcat said:

My god this tank is horrible.  It's basically a slow centurion 1 with worse dpm.  It's completely useless if you can't find a perfect spot on a hill to peak over.  It can't even effectively hull down on level ground behind cover. 

Is there any reason why I shouldn't dump this entire fucking useless line and retire my heavy crew to the Tog?

Its essentially the premium 4503 a tier higher

On 3/31/2017 at 3:04 AM, lt_lolcat said:

Since the E 75 buff, no.

Conq is not any better now.

I’m currently on the Caenarvon. Have the tracks, top turret, second best engine and second best gun unlocked. It’s a weird thing. I almost like it because the gun feels pretty good, reliable but kind of low-ish alpha. It’s slow which I guess can be either a good or a bad thing. I am also surprised just how bouncy the armor is. I seem to bounce almost 2k practically every game.

Anyway, it’s just a weird feeling that I get from this tank. When I’m playing it feels pretty good but I just can’t seem to put in consistent good performances and am at just over 2k WN8 with it even though my recents are just over 3k. When I have good games in it they are really good but when I have bad games in it they are really bad and almost nothing in between. It just doesn’t seem to have average games. Either excellent or absolute garbage.

I have a question though. Is it worth it to unlock the top gun and/or top engine or should I simply grind towards the Conqueror?

Get both before upgrading to Conqueror. You'll have to deal with the 20 pounder on the Conq until you unlock the fabulous 120mm L1A1 and you will want every help you can get for that long road of pain.

1 hour ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I’m currently on the Caenarvon. Have the tracks, top turret, second best engine and second best gun unlocked. It’s a weird thing. I almost like it because the gun feels pretty good, reliable but kind of low-ish alpha. It’s slow which I guess can be either a good or a bad thing. I am also surprised just how bouncy the armor is. I seem to bounce almost 2k practically every game.

Anyway, it’s just a weird feeling that I get from this tank. When I’m playing it feels pretty good but I just can’t seem to put in consistent good performances and am at just over 2k WN8 with it even though my recents are just over 3k. When I have good games in it they are really good but when I have bad games in it they are really bad and almost nothing in between. It just doesn’t seem to have average games. Either excellent or absolute garbage.

I have a question though. Is it worth it to unlock the top gun and/or top engine or should I simply grind towards the Conqueror?

Its terrible now with the meta.  I played during the previous on track (1-2 years ago) and it was essentially a Tiger a tier higher, which wasn't great.  Taking it out again for the latest on track was just bad, you have no role but hull down sniper and it could be the worst tier 8 heavy outside of the 175 pen premiums (which still might be better because of their alpha.)  Things like the Lowe can just kill you at their leisure, even the old, power creeped premiums are better than you in all but a very few circumstances.  Its a little better if you are top tier like in stronks, but the current MM is just terrible for tier 8 in general.  Tier 8 MM is now built for T26e5, Defendors, etc, not the old tanks.

The Conq with the 20 pounder is better than Caern is full upgraded, and tier 9's without the top gun are generally terrible.   

1 hour ago, Smbakeresq said:

Its terrible now with the meta.  I played during the previous on track (1-2 years ago) and it was essentially a Tiger a tier higher, which wasn't great.  Taking it out again for the latest on track was just bad, you have no role but hull down sniper and it could be the worst tier 8 heavy outside of the 175 pen premiums (which still might be better because of their alpha.)  Things like the Lowe can just kill you at their leisure, even the old, power creeped premiums are better than you in all but a very few circumstances.  Its a little better if you are top tier like in stronks, but the current MM is just terrible for tier 8 in general.  Tier 8 MM is now built for T26e5, Defendors, etc, not the old tanks.

The Conq with the 20 pounder is better than Caern is full upgraded, and tier 9's without the top gun are generally terrible.   

Yes, I can definitely see how this tank is pretty one dimensional but it definitely shines when top tier as I'm finding out. It's just that I'm pretty rarely seeing these types of games with the current MM.

I have never suffered a tank so fucking much, it's a slow shitty beige ball of hp for the enemy to feast on. Currently on 40% WR (and i guess 500 avg dmg). FFS i ended loving the Black Prince, solid tier VII heavy, 60 something WR. This is ungodly bad, whoever designed this should get beaten a couple of times a week at least. HOLY FUCKING PIECE OF THRASH! 

Can't even TK properly due to it's incredibly shitty alpha PIECE OF SHIT, was banned cause i needed 3 fucking shots to finish an asshole.

/rant

Edit: 38% WR

10 hours ago, Nkrlz said:

I have never suffered a tank so fucking much, it's a slow shitty beige ball of hp for the enemy to feast on. Currently on 40% WR (and i guess 500 avg dmg). FFS i ended loving the Black Prince, solid tier VII heavy, 60 something WR. This is ungodly bad, whoever designed this should get beaten a couple of times a week at least. HOLY FUCKING PIECE OF THRASH! 

Can't even TK properly due to it's incredibly shitty alpha PIECE OF SHIT, was banned cause i needed 3 fucking shots to finish an asshole.

/rant

Edit: 38% WR

Like I said its just terrible now with the meta.  Having the upgraded turret that is supposedly coming will help some, same as the premium tank metal band rip off they just sold.  Slow, no armor, low alpha heavies with little DPM just don't have a place.  

So I am not alone with my suffering. After grinding the BP I've reached this piece of trash. First things first. I drove this thing totally stock with nothing researched. The 17 pdr APCR spam burned my credits. It was one of the shittiest experiences I've ever had. But it got better after the 20pdr. Better but not good. I say this even after having everything but the third engine researched by now. The only good thing about this tank is the gun depression. I am happy when I finally can sell this trash again. The alpha for a heavy is just bad. 

Maybe after the buffs this tank gets good, but I don't care because I won't buy this thing ever again.