Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

31,646 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, neokai said:

Anyone have the list of most expensive tanks sorted by tier? Doing up a guide on festive atmosphere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Va1heru @bolagnaise and @Saffee

Rejoice! for Wargaming have decided to hide name and stats within the game.

Along with heaps of other good shit that WG will prolly not implement, forget or fuck up :serb:

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/whats-coming-in-2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have mentioned blacklist of maps and now hidden names but I think I've gone blind. What section of that article are they in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ezz said:

People have mentioned blacklist of maps and now hidden names but I think I've gone blind. What section of that article are they in? 

The video at the end. 

Circon has already confirmed as well that they are bringing it in when he did a review of the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nutkase said:

The video at the end. 

Circon has already confirmed as well that they are bringing it in when he did a review of the post. 

Ah ok. Didn't watch the vid so that would explain it.

The map bit strikes me as a bit silly at this stage of the game and unlikely to do much to improve the overall issue with map design. Unless you can untick most of them... And if you ask me the hidden name for opponents should have been brought in ever since they removed all team chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anyway in the other thread I complained about how shit my games have been since I've returned. I think the following are observable from my gameplay thus far:

1. Most of the maps still retain their old brawling/fighting positions, so my ignorance of new maps is an issue. Specific spots useful in some old maps have been reworked and can't be abused.

2. My sense of battle flow has deteriorated. I think part of the reason I've not been doing well is not being able to read the battle flow and flex when necessary. Also I really should stop relying on teammates to do anything at all.

3. I can be a bit too aggressive trying to be playmaker. While the other extreme isn't useful either, this is just reminding me that SEA server gameplay is far more passive than EU (where most of the streams that I watch are from - Foch/Circon/Lemmingrush)... too many TDs and arty make being aggressive punished really hard. Find it really hard to dictate gameplay/pace (esp since I play almost always solo).

4. The heavium/punchy-medium thing. If anything, it's really hard for unarmoured mediums with low alpha to make a difference (or at least, that's how I feel). I still do well in LTs still but I cannot replicate the same thing with any MT (Panther, T20, STA, T-54, BC etc). My heavies are still doing ok, and my TDs vary in performance. (I suppose if anyone has MT tips, please share). 

5. Weird or usual pub battles? So many games are just my teammates throwing away HP needlessly at the start of the game by being unnecessarily aggressive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean tanks?

I've been stock grinding Panther, T20, STA, M103, P43 bis, T25/2, IS-2 (and AMX 50-100 up to recently). Other tanks are T49, WT4 but I don't struggle as much with those. I've fully upgraded all of those by now (except P43bis) but they still don't perform as close to anything as I would like them to. 

My WR is absolute trash in the Panther and IS2.

For Skoda T50 it feels like it could perform a lot better than I'm making it, but I used to be 56% WR in it when I played before going on long hiatus, I'm going to pin this down to being overconfident in it.

I still do ok in the T-54 and the Obj140 as long as I don't get overconfident. The alpha feels underwhelming often (in the face of all the 750dmg guns) but the platforms are fine, so I'm not complaining.

The BC25t I just can't get. I did marvelously well in the AMX 13 90 series that preceded the old Lorraine, and even did pretty well in the old Lorraine. But the autoloader nature, 2.7 inter-shell and the long downtime I feel relegate it to not being able to dictate the pace of the game as much as I would like it to. I probably play it too aggressively solopubbing. If working with platooned mediums or heavies, it does tend to perform a lot better, especially since platoonmates are more reliable and there is communication and interdependence.

What peeves me is that I was achieving easily 56-57% WR and 2.1k WN8 consistently across tanks (even high-tier) just before I went inactive. I felt I had gotten the principles of good gameplay (struggling with consistency of course) but a lot of that seems to not be getting me anywhere recently (see recent stats). Maybe it's just rustiness, but I don't think that's entirely down to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 10:02 AM, sundanceHelix said:

So anyway in the other thread I complained about how shit my games have been since I've returned. I think the following are observable from my gameplay thus far:

1. Most of the maps still retain their old brawling/fighting positions, so my ignorance of new maps is an issue. Specific spots useful in some old maps have been reworked and can't be abused.

2. My sense of battle flow has deteriorated. I think part of the reason I've not been doing well is not being able to read the battle flow and flex when necessary. Also I really should stop relying on teammates to do anything at all.

3. I can be a bit too aggressive trying to be playmaker. While the other extreme isn't useful either, this is just reminding me that SEA server gameplay is far more passive than EU (where most of the streams that I watch are from - Foch/Circon/Lemmingrush)... too many TDs and arty make being aggressive punished really hard. Find it really hard to dictate gameplay/pace (esp since I play almost always solo).

4. The heavium/punchy-medium thing. If anything, it's really hard for unarmoured mediums with low alpha to make a difference (or at least, that's how I feel). I still do well in LTs still but I cannot replicate the same thing with any MT (Panther, T20, STA, T-54, BC etc). My heavies are still doing ok, and my TDs vary in performance. (I suppose if anyone has MT tips, please share). 

5. Weird or usual pub battles? So many games are just my teammates throwing away HP needlessly at the start of the game by being unnecessarily aggressive...

I can't say about the rest, but re: numbah 4 since I play punchy heaviums semi exclusively, it's because the meta favours heaviums with big alpha before mediums. People are running a lot more big alpha TDs and heavies, peek every 10-15 seconds, and play more passively in general, so doing damage in a tank that fires every 6 seconds is naturally going to be harder.

On the flip side, performing in something like a 50TP (both of them) is easymode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far i think sabre and mgm have been impressed by our haxorz. Wonder how many other clans we can add to our following. I did get a 51% AQUAS player tell me how good he was, but he fell short of haxorssations and just told me i was a low tier clubber... shortly before telling me he 3 marked the T67.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ezz said:

So far i think sabre and mgm have been impressed by our haxorz. Wonder how many other clans we can add to our following. I did get a 51% AQUAS player tell me how good he was, but he fell short of haxorssations and just told me i was a low tier clubber... shortly before telling me he 3 marked the T67.

In the same game I had OZZIE tell me I was a reroll.

He made his account in 2016, mine was made in 2011 :serb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adriank, you did the right thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing gets my dick harder then watching retarded enemy tanks throwing games with the mentality of "I GOT TO KILL THE 100hp LIGHT TANK" then shoot the full health heavies rolling right at them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.