Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

6 hours ago, neokai said:

Out of curiosity, what's a good beer and what makes a good beer? Do people love full-bodied stuff?

Full bodied is a good woman, not a beer mate.

A good beer is anything which doesn't cost $15 a glass, doesn't have the words "craft" or any fruit on the label, is drunk by blokes who look like men and is made in a place without "micro" in its name...

#itsallthesame #whypaymore #notastebudshere 

Man all the Dunning-Krugner on the Au/NZ FB page is really making me shake my head.

"Ppl who don't know how to use cover hate spg . Prolly the same ppl who don't know how to use the mini map "

Why would you read FB comments?

2 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Why would you read FB comments?

Because this was meme-y - https://www.facebook.com/groups/787378688050699/permalink/1138976416224256/

Cent, official killer of CR/D and hence forum and now official killer of forum revival and hence forum undededness.

rawdpdlc2qlvigp6g.jpg

9 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

wtf aussies with a 1st innings LEAD over india?????

XVM  only gave 20% chance to win at the start of the match.

Helped that unicum Kohli had a zero damage game.

3 hours ago, Hellvn said:

XVM  only gave 20% chance to win at the start of the match.

Helped that unicum Kohli had a zero damage game.

And we end the day leading by 298 o_o

Actually...winning a test in India???

Renshat mvp

13 hours ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Man all the Dunning-Krugner on the Au/NZ FB page is really making me shake my head.

"Ppl who don't know how to use cover hate spg . Prolly the same ppl who don't know how to use the mini map "

you know the first aspect of that law should be a personal assessment of your own capacity to self-assess. In this case it isn't about tanking it's about your ability to properly apply a psychological prescription :P.

WG - through XVM and the various ingame stats enables adequate self comparison against others of a like kind so really there should be no D-K effect ingame. I tend to think much of the commentary (especially around the new patch) is of the opposite kind with a tidal-wave of tears being shed by folks whose favourite OP tank has been "destroyed". Woe to those who will now have to  free-XP their way to the next flavour of the month OP tank where they can stat pad with glee until they regain their sense of self-adulation and superiority.

5 hours ago, Quasinerdo said:

WG - through XVM and the various ingame stats enables adequate self comparison against others of a like kind so really there should be no D-K effect ingame. 

I think DK is a human thing, not a game thing.  To take DK out of the game would mean taking most people out of the game.

On 2/20/2017 at 5:11 AM, Cronk said:

So what happened to ole Hopey? Last rumor I heard was he received a 2 week holiday but that would have expired months ago, did he just give up or was it permanent?

Also curious whether my assertion that he was sock puppeting with someone else's account here on Wotlabs turned out to be true, guess I might never know but that account stopped posting at the same time.

Oh well....

si5MWtI.gif

Still around and you were wrong. Life goes on.

Suck it JOC. Wrong again.

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/71473-forbid-use-of-free-xp-to-research-modules-or-skip-low-tier-tanks/page__st__20__pid__1592879#entry1592879

I am discovering the joys of shitpoasting with Zen, it means you can't get reported because you are gud@insults

Are you proud of me @Ezz @Politx_Killer :^)

Also does anyone know how much is need to 2 or 3 mark t57 heavy, i somehow got to 80% and i feel i could atleast do 2 mark considering i can pull 3-4k dmg sessions because brawling heavies with 100% heat loadout and cola Ekks Dee

I've heard various bits of logic to try to de-monetise the game... but to make stats more valid??? Now that is a new one. His is a rare breed, in fact i don't think i've actually come across this bit of logic yet. Good that he's passionate about it. But i suspect his match will burn a tad too quickly to keep up the entertainment.

12 hours ago, Quasinerdo said:

you know the first aspect of that law should be a personal assessment of your own capacity to self-assess. In this case it isn't about tanking it's about your ability to properly apply a psychological prescription :P.

WG - through XVM and the various ingame stats enables adequate self comparison against others of a like kind so really there should be no D-K effect ingame. I tend to think much of the commentary (especially around the new patch) is of the opposite kind with a tidal-wave of tears being shed by folks whose favourite OP tank has been "destroyed". Woe to those who will now have to  free-XP their way to the next flavour of the month OP tank where they can stat pad with glee until they regain their sense of self-adulation and superiority.

Forgot to reply to this bit. You would think this means there should be little opportunity for D-K, however even with their perfectly average stats, some players will claim they are 'good' at the game. I mentioned a 54%er recently who farms damage. To him he was excellent because of his DPG stats (not the fellow from the mains btw), but to anyone else he was just another 54%er. His logic was such that the only way he believed anyone could be better than him was through padding... It was pretty clear he couldn't (wouldn't?) self-assess despite the multitude of metrics available these days.

4 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

sigh. i don't want to go through this again.

No need to...

JOC 1 : Boaty 0

/CoAF

It is not really keeping score, just a test to see how salty he was after he was kicked from CoAF by Tanitha, who incidentally was the one that had invited me to CoAF in the first place!

He has now been forum banned, and kicked from CoAF. All that leaves is getting him a a perma chat ban. I think it would be a WotLabs ban to complete the trifecta though.