Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

With more accurate arty and a bigger splash i suspect the big slow heavies who were probably getting hit enough already won't be affected a great deal. They'll get stunned more and probably still just sit and side scrape happily while losing less HP. Meanwhile the tanks that probably needed more accurate or splashy guns to get at will probably be most affected. They are probably also more reliant on having a crew for mobility etc. while a fat slow heavy is going to be fat and slow regardless of crew.

14 hours ago, Cronk said:

I'd installed it a couple of times over the years but never made it past the first 2 or 3 missions, this time I'm giving it a good crack and quite liking it. Still confused as fuck but that's what wikis and stuff are for so I'm reading up here and there as I go.

Got a basic idea of what I'm doing, ranking up my first frame (excalibur) and the starter weapons, got a bolton going in the foundry and 2 out of 3 bits for the Rhino frame, got my first sentinel (the one that starts with X, not on to check atm). Also got first piece of Archwing but those missions are pretty tough at my level.

The game is pretty shit at giving you any kind of defined progression path, but thankfully google brings up plenty of guides and stuff, same as other games, those that put a bit of time into research will always have an easier time than those that just log on and pew pew with no real plan.

Being carried by OP randoms in co-op is a nice change from being let down by random clueless shitters in WoT.

Will update tonight. Will carry you through missions and trade. Hit my steam up politx_killer (from very rough memory, charity golf day for work and open tab does wonders. I feel like Ezz after a normal working day)

4 hours ago, FeeTFooD said:

I have my new favourite T7 TD - the Avenger. It's like a Comet, but better in most ways.

Chally? Didn't like it at all :(

9 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Saff, you heard that MD is disbanding after this season?

yeah i spoke to one off the guys after the season ended.

TCZ must be close to having the record of most relegation's from gold league and somehow still stay in :kappa:

6 hours ago, Ezz said:

Did i understand correctly that the new MM gives 30% extra XP on a win to platoons at tier 10?

Ummm... why?

It's because they want people to have an awesome gameplay experience and has nothing at all to do with free XP conversion.

Personally I like the arty changes in theory since it means less RNG lottery. Will suck a bit for lights and fast mediums since more splash means they'll get tracked and stunned more often.

On 3/31/2017 at 7:09 PM, mttspiii said:

Chally? Didn't like it at all :(

Neither. I can feel the buffs but unless it has medium level traverse I don't feel confident to play it like a medium.

Keeping firing the gun then realise bottom left corner shows 1000 :facepalm: Would prefer T25/2 instead... if not 122-44.

Got April fooled twice, both online.

First they messed with the Warfarm wiki, changed the fonts to comic sans and made all the images look like :disco:

Second was that Gasai 10k High Caliber thread :MingLee:

Edit: Just saw what Warthunder did, pretty good effort.

http://imgur.com/4v8NAVw

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Hellvn said:

Listing of April sales is up - not sure how accurate it will be, but thearmoredpatrol seems to think it's legit:

leaku11z.png

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/29/wot-asia-server-leaks/

assuming this is true, would I be better off getting the E25 or SkorpG?  not that I really believe the e25 will ever be sold again.

Also, I have no idea what to do with my new girl crew members, I've never played the ELC so was thinking of putting them in that.

Elc set to lose some of its pen I believe so not sure it will be quite as good. May want to hold your horses on that.

1 hour ago, Cronk said:

Got April fooled twice, both online.

First they messed with the Warfarm wiki, changed the fonts to comic sans and made all the images look like :disco:

Second was that Gasai 10k High Caliber thread :MingLee:

Edit: Just saw what Warthunder did, pretty good effort.

http://imgur.com/4v8NAVw

Should be on warfarm later on today.

10 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Elc set to lose some of its pen I believe so not sure it will be quite as good. May want to hold your horses on that.

RIP my female crew

The 2801 losses its derp too. WG why you kill the fun things?

Suspect WG may just release the derp version as a prem... because no fun for free loader scum!

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Ahhh.  Already researched it (Freedom XP), but haven't done anything more than that.

Hey - do you think my wife would let me spend ~$90NZ on a Mutant?  And if she did would that be a good idea (i.e. better that the Skorp-G or E25)?

The Mutant is OK, but it's not what it was, like most of those old prems. Yes it has pref MM, so at least you use that.

I'd get the E-25 if you could only get one tank from the sale.

26 minutes ago, Damo32(DC1121) said:

The Mutant is OK, but it's not what it was, like most of those old prems. Yes it has pref MM, so at least you use that.

I'd get the E-25 if you could only get one tank from the sale.

My plan since i can't be assed to buy a mutant

ELC looks OP with +2MM, and does luchs lose 3cm? That'll be fucked. 

14 hours ago, Ezz said:

4TankersAndDog vid said that the ELC loses 2km/hr on top speed (think it's 63kph now instead of 65kph?) and rof. Cannot tell if pen was affected.

10 hours ago, AdrianK said:

Hey - do you think my wife would let me spend ~$90NZ on a Mutant?  And if she did would that be a good idea (i.e. better that the Skorp-G or E25)?

Mutant is a collector's piece, not so much an actual performing tank. Frontal armor is decent (you will laugh at everything but tier 8 TDs+ and the odd shot that goes into your turret ring), but not as mad as the T26E5 in its hull down element. Side armor is autopen. Top deck is an open invitation for spgs to have a barbie, and at 29kph top speed, it's not going anywhere fast. At its going price you are seriously better off getting the T26E5 when it comes to performance.

Skorp is a shoot and scoot bugger with the option to mix it up at mid-game. Basically, like any high tier TD, you are vulnerable, but you got a big gun.

E25 is the scout and pew-pew skirmisher. "Cockroach" is its (apt) moniker, as you will skitter all over the place and be a terrifying nuisance to the enemy team when played right.

For questions about performance and value, it really boils down to your playstyle and what you need out of the tank. Kinda hard to conclude without knowing "you" better.

2 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

120/150 AP/APCR now

c.f. 170 / 248 current.

Whether 120 is enough is another matter.

So after revisiting the leo prot for the first time, well in ages, since before two sets of buffs... i fell in love again.

And here is something topical...

http://tanks.gg/v0918ct/compare/leopard-pt-a?t=rhm-pzw

So basically in a light you get way better mobility and vision, and shit everything else, as compared to a med the tier down. GG WG.

B A L A N C E

Discussing this the other night, lights NEEEEED accuracy, because they are fucking disappointing right now. Going to be super frustrating to play.

Either that or some DPM but that won't make it less frustrating

Amusingly they even get shit sprem. Because balance.

I am also curious at their logic of removing the derps. Bear in mind they had intended to remove the t49's derp, but then buckled. Now they remove the 2801's derp... because why? Clearly being the second worst performing 6 LT was grounds to remove about the only reason for playing it.