Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

13 hours ago, MKW said:

Has there been any update about fair play recently? Wondering whether to reinstall (after 2+ years :o). Seems every random WoT video I watch on YouTube still has someone using an aimbot. :(

If you are serious about returning then I might actually add some gold to your account for the name change. ;-)

There have been 2 FPP bans, with another one supposedly happening soon (tm).

Some previously disallowed mods are coming back in altered form, and mods the,selves are beginning to change. They are starting to be packaged in a new wotmod format and kept in a mods folder rather than res_mods.

i predict in a few patches that WG will be able to switch off res_mods and move to allowing packaged mods.

2 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Are injectors a thing beyond just being theoretically possible?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about :popcorn:

I think they are talking about using an old 253 V8 to repower an  EH or something and whether it can be converted from carburettors to fuel-injection.

19 minutes ago, Siggy said:

I think they are talking about using an old 253 V8 to repower an  EH or something and whether it can be converted from carburettors to fuel-injection.

I went straight to diesel injectors. But I guess petrol injectors would work too.

Also why a 253? If you were going to drop a HT front into an EH (HT being the first model the 253 was introduced into), wouldn't you just drop the HG front in and use a 350?

Or to that end, just use a 283 and get injection mods etc on that to make it a 1hp per inch motor easily.

Bleh - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_injection

Basically a program that screws around with the game while it's loaded in memory. These are responsible for most of the hacks in FPS games, especially those that don't allow modding. These are completely external to the game itself, so mod checking/banning won't find anything.

Programs like Punkbuster are meant to detect these, but often cause a lot of false positives. eg it might pick up a teamspeak overlay as a cheat.

10 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

GM trash. Mopar rules.

Why not both?

VDzEHIc.jpg

More of a blue oval lad myself, but had a few Holdens in the younger years.

In saying that, I've owned 3 jeeps, and had a 283 in the CJ7 I owned. Not the best motor for that vehicle. The CJ6 had a 253, and the JK is the little diesel.

2 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Are injectors a thing beyond just being theoretically possible?

I believe that there are a couple of subscription modpacks that use dll injection techniques. They are designed to get the functionality of most major mods without leaving a python.log trace and can be advertised as tourney packs.

Tundra runs as an executable or as an ingame script, but most haven't put the effort in to have them work outside the game.

16 hours ago, JOC469 said:

If you are serious about returning then I might actually add some gold to your account for the name change. ;-)

There have been 2 FPP bans, with another one supposedly happening soon (tm).

Some previously disallowed mods are coming back in altered form, and mods the,selves are beginning to change. They are starting to be packaged in a new wotmod format and kept in a mods folder rather than res_mods.

i predict in a few patches that WG will be able to switch off res_mods and move to allowing packaged mods.

At first thought you were talking about official forum mods :O. The first ban was what, 160 players late last year? and then a few more since then? Everyone slapping themselves on the back saying the server is clean? Too skeptical you say? Pah!

Was the account name changed or only the associated email. Can't remember. There should be some very dusty old gold in the account anyway.

6 hours ago, JOC469 said:

I believe that there are a couple of subscription modpacks that use dll injection techniques. They are designed to get the functionality of most major mods without leaving a python.log trace and can be advertised as tourney packs.

Tundra runs as an executable or as an ingame script, but most haven't put the effort in to have them work outside the game.

Anything that makes it too difficult for your average windowlicker has got to be good. Of course there are still those VN clans but I can't imagine they play anything below tier 8. Speaking of windowlickers, there's been another server merge? Not as detrimental as the last one though, right?

I wonder what WG's motivation was/is to finally do something? I can't imagine it's enticing players back, as I assume most left for other reasons, but at the same time I can't see how it helps attract new players. Removing aimbots from seal clubbing tiers isn't gonna save any seals. That only leaves player retention, but anyone still playing is either completely inured or they're using themselves...

My ride has a surprisingly big block. Not a V8 though so I guess it doesn't count.

2011_toyota_fj_cruiser_australia_00_04-4

Seeing an increase in module damage and fires now with Arty's increased splash.

Another unintended consequence and more weight to the argument which I have advocated forever "NO CREW AND MODULE DAMAGE BY ARTY PLS"

14 hours ago, Politx_Killer said:

Summernats is too tame now. Too many kids not enough tits and skids.

Even the Aussies would rather do Drag Week:

012_Aussie-Chevelle-HRDW16.jpg

Interesting perspective from Armored Patrol. One of those who apparently runs a cheat site claims he has over 200K subscribers for the RU server alone. Given they just permabanned 5.5K accounts on RU it seems a bit concerning about how many cheaters there are and how many get away with it.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

For me or MKW?

I'm not certain what an injector could do in such a server side game. All the client does is display what the server tells it has happened and tell the server what it wants to do: move in this direction, fire in this direction and so on.

It's the server that calculates where you are (as evidenced by rubber banding during lag where you snap back to where the server says you are), what you hit, which tanks you can see or be seen by.

All the hacks are either;

- not displaying things it should (Tundra),

- displaying things it shouldn't but the server has told it about like broken objects, laser beams to see where enemies are aiming etc,

- automating things for the player better than the player can, aim bots and fire extinguisher scripts etc.

I can't think what sort of info an injector could inject to gain an advantage.

Manic / MKW - starts with M. Details schmetails. But oh well...

8 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

I can't think what sort of info an injector could inject to gain an advantage.

I think someone mentioned that it effectively gives you a way to run the old illegal mods but not have them entered into your python.log.