Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

Tend to agree with you. One snippet i picked up when chatting to some WG peeps was that there was something of a slider in terms of how sure they are someone is cheating and whether to ban. At this stage they are only really warning / banning the absolute tip of what they are detecting. Like 99%+ sure. Hopefully they get a bit less pissy with it and start lowering that slider to maybe 95% sure or something.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Tend to agree with you. One snippet i picked up when chatting to some WG peeps was that there was something of a slider in terms of how sure they are someone is cheating and whether to ban. At this stage they are only really warning / banning the absolute tip of what they are detecting. Like 99%+ sure. Hopefully they get a bit less pissy with it and start lowering that slider to maybe 95% sure or something.

When there seems to be absolutely 0 recourse against the penalties, it is probably a good thing that they have such a high threshold.

If they increased it to 1 step back from the mean we would likely see only a similar number again getting pinged

A warning isn't exactly 0 recourse. At that point it would fall to the pubby to absolutely ensure they aren't a cheating cunt.

Does anybody know how the warning is delivered?

If it's by email, half of them will miss it since reading email is hard.

If it's a game ban with a popup message, some might miss it if they don't play for a while.

Game ban starting from the next attempted log in, that might work a bit better.

52 minutes ago, Ezz said:

A warning isn't exactly 0 recourse. At that point it would fall to the pubby to absolutely ensure they aren't a cheating cunt.

Wargaming could be sending me 1000000000 emails warning me and i wouldnt give a flying elite.

Reinstalled, played a few games at tier 6. No XVM or anything like that, but the player quality was obviously very poor. Everyone camps and thus 2/3rd of my my games were steamrolls. Not impressed.

Well what did you expect?

In all honesty the average player is probably no worse than the average player of any game, the trouble is when you git gud son the your perception of what is good and what is not changes with it, it's hard to see teams at tier 5 as anything but oxygen thieves if you know how to play tier 10s competently.

4 hours ago, Storm said:

Well what did you expect?

That's a good question, I'm not sure I've worked out why I'm so disappointed. Some of it is undoubtedly me, I mean it's been so long and so many things have changed. 

I played more games over different tiers and it was the same. Even played a couple of team (stronghold?) games at tier 6. Enemy team wiped the floor with us both times. No fun at all.

Uninstalled. 

On 2017-5-3 at 6:04 PM, MKW said:

Has there been any update about fair play recently? Wondering whether to reinstall (after 2+ years :o). Seems every random WoT video I watch on YouTube still has someone using an aimbot. :(

No idea what videos you are watching,
i cant remember the last time I thought someone cheated except for the auto aim+ bs.

On another note,
I cant wait to meet the head guys at WG in Moscow in 2 weeks.

I really hope some guys from the map department is there so I can tell them what a fucking "great" job they are doing......

I'd be speaking to whoever responsible for:

a. The bullshit Defender stats and recent powercreep of the tecent tier 8 premiums

b. Whose idea it was to consider introducing the weeb tanks

6 hours ago, Saffee said:

No idea what videos you are watching,
i cant remember the last time I thought someone cheated except for the auto aim+ bs.

On another note,
I cant wait to meet the head guys at WG in Moscow in 2 weeks.

I really hope some guys from the map department is there so I can tell them what a fucking "great" job they are doing......

Didn't they rehire a map creator in the last 6 months who apparently was really good or some shit?

Well there haven't been any that have been released, but that doesn't mean they aren't changing and/or adding, I imagine that when everything is so profit sensitive that would also extend the time it takes for something to be released onto the server (assuming it is not a new tier 8 premium ofc).

Can one of the mods tell me if I have scored a ban on the forums? Seems I have no permissions.

Odd as I haven't posted anything for a few weeks.

Seems it's an issue with the work IP, I got in this morning briefly at home but cant get in on edge, chrome or firefox. Can't even log out, so I'm assuming it's an issue here with something.