Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

26 minutes ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

I just want Space Marine 2 :QQ:

Eternal crusade will give you your mmo spesh muhreen fix.

Personally i want a fully fleshed Inquistor RPG. Purge the heretics!

Bit out of touch with recent 40k are leman russ vanquishers still a thing?

4 minutes ago, Politx_Killer said:

Eternal crusade will give you your mmo spesh muhreen fix.

Personally i want a fully fleshed Inquistor RPG. Purge the heretics!

Bit out of touch with recent 40k are leman russ vanquishers still a thing?

http://bfy.tw/DRXC

5 hours ago, Nutkase said:

i wanted a Total War: Warhammer 40k not a fucking WoT: Warhammer 40k

The style of warfare total war uses (big blocks of infantry formations with cavalry and artillery and whatnot) was in its dying breaths by the American civil war, the type of warfare depicted by 40k is far closer to a very loose interpretation of ww2 (with a hint of xenos scum, killer robots, religious nutters and space knights swinging fuckoffhuge swords) and as such would be pretty much totally incompatible with the type of gameplay that total war has always used.

Of course a radical change might be a really good idea, but in my opinion a better way to do it would be to have dow style skirmish gameplay on a larger scale (haven't played dow 3 though so don't know what that's like) with the battle map and army building of TW.

Maybe they'll add a whole 40K tree with TD's.  wouldn't that be... authentic.  "we only will include tanks up to the 1950's era" isn't that what serb said? and now they add the anime crap. where will they stop?

P8290146.jpg

I told my son, who likes tanks and 40K; his immediate reaction was an eyeroll & groan with the comment "Oh, Ork Stompa anyone?"

d4f28216b20e12adbd030d6c53065167_9788.jp

We then speculated if this (below) would be tiers 8-9-10.  You can get an idea of scale from the 44 gallon drums.

maxresdefault.jpg

10 hours ago, Storm said:

The style of warfare total war uses (big blocks of infantry formations with cavalry and artillery and whatnot) was in its dying breaths by the American civil war, the type of warfare depicted by 40k is far closer to a very loose interpretation of ww2 (with a hint of xenos scum, killer robots, religious nutters and space knights swinging fuckoffhuge swords) and as such would be pretty much totally incompatible with the type of gameplay that total war has always used.

Of course a radical change might be a really good idea, but in my opinion a better way to do it would be to have dow style skirmish gameplay on a larger scale (haven't played dow 3 though so don't know what that's like) with the battle map and army building of TW.

I don't care how they do it, I just want it done.

11 hours ago, LittleTimmy said:

Aziat name of a central asian dog.... and puts a picture of a little asian in the cone shaped hat...

So some bloke names his clan after his favorite breed of dog and has a stereotype for an emblem. Its a little awkward, but I dont know if that meets the criteria for racism timmeh. 

For a comparative test, if there was some clan called DINGO with a picture of Ned Kelly for an emblem, would that be racist?

2 hours ago, karl0ssus1 said:

So some bloke names his clan after his favorite breed of dog and has a stereotype for an emblem. Its a little awkward, but I dont know if that meets the criteria for racism timmeh. 

For a comparative test, if there was some clan called DINGO with a picture of Ned Kelly for an emblem, would that be racist?

He might get a call from SPCA lawyers, dog-discrimination.

Re Ned kelly - indeed; would it merely be stereotypical, perhaps?

(You're getting me thinking off on a tangent now) How about [QCUMR] and have a picture of a sea-cucumber?  Or [RTARD] and a picture of a tomato?

Just read that rather hilarious thread in the CW meta. What a sad indictment. These days it's down to nzad to be the voice of reason. Tho to be fair au clans had been an embarrassment for some time, but I guess it was nice of them to remind us.

On phone so difficult. Locked thread now anyway. Basic jist, some dude comments cw rules encourage LZ spam for VP. Then pages of rhetoric accusing the guy of complaining about gold. At one point someone even suggests this should have been raised in coaf, when the majority of posting from those taking the gold angle were in coaf. Tekno finally gets it, however and the rhetoric stops, but it took about 4 pages to get there.