Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

Yeah, a 1800 hp is7 was one of the ammo racks. Also had the joy of spamming 420pen heat into one's turret. Best turret in the game meet 420 pen beatch!

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

Just quietly, I'm a bit annoyed I didn't grind the jpe earlier. That thing can be hilarious. I've already ammo racked 3 tanks.

Juan 5a, will be a fun one. Bit annoyed the ufp isn't a bit stronger but everything else is rather nice.

I did my 3k damage unspotted in the JPE. Prok. Drive to middle of the town across the tracks. Also how i get over 5k damage.

I hope you put a spall liner on it to piss off all the arty. 

9 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I hope you put a spall liner on it to piss off all the arty. 

Of course... doesn't stop them trying however. There needs to be a sign saying 'SH spall liner in place, don't bother'. That being said, learned that the conq gc can pretty much land them vertical on mountain pass. fk that thing.

Not sure how you can be getting that from Sydney while I get 280.

I'm going Perth > Sydney > HK > Singapore. 

Either way I'm off soon to do a Saffe and see me some ladyboys, so it won't bother me.

Connection died mid-game last night. Thanks Telstra.

Man, so depressing last night, fate just did not want me to have a good time...  

I see my Ikea 65 is at 85% MoE.  I get ideal matchmaking and just completely fail:

• Airfield, top tier.  Team does the most bizarre stupid sure-loss deployment ever.  Only then enemy are even worse, so it turns out to be the idea strat.  Even with my great mobility I still only manage one damaging shot.  Then am about the only one of our tanks to die as I discovered the SPG at their cap.
  • Mines, I have an M4 side on, hull in full view - two shots drift up and bounce off the hull, the third goes into the dead hulk a split-second too late. 
  • MoE down to 81%.

Sometimes things go so pear-shaped I just kinda sit there dumbfounded going whaaaa...

giphy.gif

Anyone heard the cause?

Seemed odd that a day or two prior people were complaining but mine was pretty normal. Then it completely munched itself last night for us too.

No Idea,

Bol posted this in our wattsapp group this morning.

"

Sea-Me-We 3 submarine cable between Perth and Singapore is currently down due to a confirmed cable break. 

We have received a tentative repair completion of 13th October 2017 however these dates tend to change over time due to the nature of .

Customers can expect to see increased latency to Asian destinations until this link is restored.

Further updates will be provided as they become available."

How did I miss that they have buffed the 268 in 9.20? Yays.

Amusingly, i'd just logged a call with my ISP about the NBN congestion i was getting fri - sun nights where ping was going up to 260ms between 8-10pm. After some convincing they are now going to escalate it to their NBN people to consider upgrading the network capacity in my area... and now this. Fk the internet.

It's looking like I'm going back to Civ 5 for a while.  Time to pick some new countries, maybe the Zulus this time.

Might just pack it in, go pack to playing IRL.

1 minute ago, Hellvn said:

It's looking like I'm going back to Civ 5 for a while.  Time to pick some new countries, maybe the Zulus this time.

Current spreading McDonalds as America but i just got myself the Freedom ideology. 

Time to rename my religion. 

3 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Current spreading McDonalds as America but i just got myself the Freedom ideology. 

Time to rename my religion. 

Haven't done the Yankees in a long time. England could be an option too.

England has lovely bowmen for a good period. I'm yet to spread turmpism. Korea is an entertaining option.

I might start HoI4 and run some British Tea shenanigans. 

20 minutes ago, Hellvn said:

Haven't done the Yankees in a long time. England could be an option too.

Oh yes England is so fun. Ship of the Lines, Longbowmen. An extra spy to defend your capital and to steal tech (I like to steal steel working and focus on the top half of the tech) while I spam build wonders)

The 2 extra moves at sea is amazing once you get embarkation. Anyway, Ima try the Venice next and hope to spawn close to heaps of city states. 

Venice is ok, bear in mind you can't spawn any cities. You can puppet city states, but you're literally a singular city.

I'm currently at the final stage of a Dutch playsthrough.  My navy upkeep is massive through all the ships I stole using sea beggars and never bothered disbanding...

44 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

Venice is ok, bear in mind you can't spawn any cities. You can puppet city states, but you're literally a singular city.

Yeah thats why I need to spawn near city states. Gotta try that 1 city challenge though at some point. Gotta pick India :D

16 minutes ago, Hellvn said:

I'm currently at the final stage of a Dutch playsthrough.  My navy upkeep is massive through all the ships I stole using sea beggars and never bothered disbanding...

I did an Austrian playthrough. Had to balance buying city states and keeping them allies for the world congress. Was nice to remake the history of the world though.

I just denounced the Zulus because they tried to steal tech from me and annoyed me by displacing my control over Budapest to my south. Now literally every single civ has denounced the Zulus over 2 turns. RIP Zulus. My defence has been mainly influence but being America, my production and economy is super duper strong so I can just spam buy/build units whenever I decide to go to war.