Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

5 hours ago, Ezz said:

I've only run one battle in mine since patch and it didn't seem that bad. Tho i was putting down any missed shots to the crap ping as opposed to the gun. The improvement in dispersion, esp turret disp was quite noticeable. And to WG's credit, it is now different to the leo prot. Ironically at 9, it also then doesn't become a stb clone as the 61 is a very different beast.

Its turret is bloody hilarious, but the gun is trash-tier. Lag doesn't affect missing fully aimed shots at the side of stationary targets. Or bouncing a T-10 UFP from above. 

Its like a tier 9 LT at times. 

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

240 i found playable during the day on sat but sadly NBN co says nope come netflix o'clock each night. 360 - 400 with PL made the last bit of the 54LT grind a real joy...

Beginning to enjoy vinneh's work...

Hi I'm an Otaku and proud, my profile pic is a 13 year old girl with GIANT breasts

Yeah nah yea, I can't take you or anything you say seriously mate

sorry

lol

Thanks to NBN, I'm back to lagging whenever someone in the house starts streaming because COPPER!!

My net speed has been slowly dropping too because Optus, CVC Pricing and the dickheads that wanted to support Foxtel more. 

20 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

lE7kC9p.png

How rudd.  

What do you want me to say?  Can post for you, although I might edit it a bit Smile-tongue.gif

Wow, the only person that shit talks from PBKAC now is Ezz. 

Everyone else has moved. 

2 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Wow, the only person that shit talks from PBKAC now is Ezz. 

Everyone else has moved. 

What can we say; our impact on the forums is an enduring one, and rightly fucking so.

PBKAC = Forums.

The only goal of PBKAC as a clan is to transcend the forums itself into a higher plane of shitposting existence. 

...or to accumulate petty 24 hour suspensions...

Ezz on main forums

All this being said, while average position would never replace the more important metrics,  it certainly wouldn't be a bad addition

Eh?  Too many beers at lunch mate?  

Let's get drownings as a % of death type as a metric too.

3 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

Eh?  Too many beers at lunch mate?  

Let's get drownings as a % of death type as a metric too.

Having an AFD (we even have an acronym for it). Yesterday took it's toll - 6am, 10km bridge run, first beer at opera bar at 9.40am... last whiskey ~9.30pm.

And fwiw i can't think of any negative aspect to adding average position as a metric.

You would still need to compare it to win rate to get an accurate image though.  You can XP pad like WN8 pad with no clue how to win a game, whereas someone who reads the mini map may sacrifice damage to go back and defend or reset that actually results in a win but quite possibly a shit team position.

2 minutes ago, Ezz said:

And fwiw i can't think of any negative aspect to adding average position as a metric.

I'd that have thought there were too many variables beyond your control.  I think I can see why you're saying that though - on average over enough games, blah blah.  

1 minute ago, Siggy said:

You would still need to compare it to win rate to get an accurate image though.  You can XP pad like WN8 pad with no clue how to win a game, whereas someone who reads the mini map may sacrifice damage to go back and defend or reset that actually results in a win but quite possibly a shit team position.

I think that was kind of bluey's point, but realistically if this were introduced historically it wouldn't have any of the deliberate padding in it.

2 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

I'd that have thought there were too many variables beyond your control.

Like win rate??? :P

Just now, Ezz said:

I think that was kind of bluey's point, but realistically if this were introduced historically it wouldn't have any of the deliberate padding in it.

Like win rate??? :P

Lol, I was going to compare it to how we conceptualise WR, but took it out. 

I blame Siggy, such a forum arsehole.

Oh, and the official forum permits "wankers"

For a while it used to allow fucking but not fuck.

I think it still censors 'bollocks'. Fair enough tho, sort of word siggy would use.

So there appears a view from WG that missions need to be made a bit easier - hence all the changes they have proposed.

Left field thought based on having too many of those fk u moments when you have one mission active but would have nailed another... would changing the structure to a system whereby you can complete one mission from a battle but removed the idea that it was active at the time work? Would it make it too easy?

Eg - have it so you effectively have missions 1-14 'active'. Have a good battle, get mission 2 and 3 done  - you select which one you want to tick off and carry on.

The main benefit is getting a mission reward for a good battle even if you don't necessarily have that mission active. Also removes that fking frustrating aspect of missions of getting stuck on some despite knowing you've done that mission as part of other missions. It would also reduce some of the more retarded gameplay missions.

As a middle ground solution they could allow having something like 5 missions 'active' at any time. Again, would reduce some of the more shit RNG aspects of the missions system and make progression easier - without being as simple as just making the individual requirements easier.

Side quip - crown of thorns starfish fix includes giant snail. Yeah, can't see this going bad. I mean it's not like we've seen introduced species do well despite assurance that they only eat cane beetles. At least they won't be as spikey when you step on them.

30 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Left field thought based on having too many of those fk u moments when you have one mission active but would have nailed another... would changing the structure to a system whereby you can complete one mission from a battle but removed the idea that it was active at the time work? Would it make it too easy?

Eg - have it so you effectively have missions 1-14 'active'. Have a good battle, get mission 2 and 3 done  - you select which one you want to tick off and carry on.

Works for me.  I wondered the same thing myself - I bet many have. Too easy - meh, definitely less random.  I mean, you still have to fulfill the mission.

Man , what's going on in those fucking pubbies' minds , pushing north flank in karelia when you don't have the hill ESPECIALLY when you spawn north , don't they fucking realise they'll just get snipe to shit if they push the enemy base.

2 hours ago, TheRandomDude said:

Man , what's going on in those fucking pubbies' minds , pushing north flank in karelia when you don't have the hill ESPECIALLY when you spawn north , don't they fucking realise they'll just get snipe to shit if they push the enemy base.

YOLO?

Honestly, if i were to rank the top 100 most retarded things i saw pubbies do this weekend, i'd be surprised if that was top 50. It's when they don't lick that window that i'm shocked.

11 minutes ago, Politx_Killer said:

YOLO?

I wish , had my team actually yoloed properly into their cap before they even realise it , we could have won , but oh nooooooo , that one cent AX looks so scary , the lemming train of 13 tanks can't possibly take out one cent AX.