Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

21 hours ago, Va1heru said:

257 has autopen turret roof, cupolas and easy overmatch for most tanks 

What do you think about Circon's video?

@Va1heru - I'd love to read anything you publish on how to play this game, HT's included.  P.S I am one of the noobs who shoots at the Obj 260's strong points.

Pity about the Obj 263 changes, I was after that tank as it was.

I've finally fixed up the metadata (tank names and missing tanks, as much as I can), WG really are sloppy in that regard. I've also decided to alter my Windows App to source metadata from my sanitized copy over at MM-RNG-Luck, as opposed to WG directly.

In other news, I broke my little toe today, spent 4 hrs in After Hours.  It was sticking out at a great angle! I was walking out of the kitchen around a low wall-corner, and managed to kick it with bare-feet.  It was kinda funny, my wife was physically rolling on the floor with laughter at one point.  BTW, I go back to work on Tuesday (Wgtn anniversary day PH on Monday)... wearing a medical-sandal thing.  It's kinda convenient, because I put my work shoes in to be re-healed and they aren't back yet :P

On 21/01/2018 at 1:58 PM, Nightlords said:

What do you think about Circon's video?

Haven't watched it, probably won't. I was just watching mailand dismantle entire teams of 257's with ease. Given he is a god player, but he was consistently penning the roof everywhere with his 257 apcr. The hull is kinda insane but if you're reverse side scraping, shoot the roof. Side scraping normally? Shoot the highest part of the pike, it's also an easy pen from what I saw 

3 hours ago, Va1heru said:

Haven't watched it, probably won't. I was just watching mailand dismantle entire teams of 257's with ease. Given he is a god player, but he was consistently penning the roof everywhere with his 257 apcr. The hull is kinda insane but if you're reverse side scraping, shoot the roof. Side scraping normally? Shoot the highest part of the pike, it's also an easy pen from what I saw 

what was was your impression of the side armour and the fact that you cannot track and damage?

8 hours ago, Nightlords said:

what was was your impression of the side armour and the fact that you cannot track and damage?

Not that big of a deal? It's basically a 252u defender with a slightly better gun. Which isn't a good thing. The 252u is fine in tier 8's (to play, playing against is retarded,) but against higher tiers it starts to fail alot as average players rely on its Armour too much which results in over extensions very quickly. I think I'd still rather play a t10 just for the speed and better turret Armour. But that could just be my playstyle. 

I never played the maus post buff and never had any issues dealing with one. Armour has never really been a big selling point for me after I got the Leopard 1. Jpe was my 1st tier 10 which I think was a good introduction to tier 10 honestly. Armour and a big gun with that stupid camo buff tds had made it very noob friendly. The Leopard threw all that out the window for me and all I learnt from it sticks with me today leading to a certain value put on view range and speed. 

Obviously it's the test server and anything could change, but I think what's happening is the same as what's always happening with new tanks and big youtubers. Loud opinions to get more views. I'm not sure if other games are the same, but the fact that the biggest content creators in the game are so "shitter" friendly (for lack of a better word,) is detrimental to the games growth.

Everyone was up in arms about the Chrysler gf, which turned into wallet warrior bait that no one really plays anymore. I can't judge wg to harshly for putting tanks like that in the game, it's gotta make those big bucks somehow and if people want to buy shit tanks then why not. If foch had just torn apart all its weaknesses instead of making a big fuss about its one strength, it wouldn't have been bought and no one would care. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling everyone is rebuying their t10's right now to get the "new op tank" for free next patch, it's either going to be underwhelming and over hyped or nerfed before release. Neither of which bothers or has any effect on me. I wish there were more "good" players who were big youtubers that basically came in and just tore into tanks that people regard as op. Remember, the same people who say the batchat is OP are the same people who think the type 5 is balanced because it's the one tank they get more than 50% wr in. 

Wow that turned into a rant. My brother is visiting for 2 weeks so I think I'm gonna have a bit of a break for a while, should be good 

3 hours ago, Va1heru said:

Remember, the same people who say the batchat is OP are the same people who think the type 5 is balanced because it's the one tank they get more than 50% wr in.

Amen. 

Also agree on the 257.  Yes the side is hugely strong but the front is cheese in a number of places.  It's just the same as every tank just the weakspots aren't where you traditionally find them (the side of the hull).  Yes it's a strong tier 9 but anyone who can learn should beat them pretty easily even before the traditional 6 month later WG nerf after people have rushed up the line to it.

14 minutes ago, Siggy said:

before the traditional 6 month later WG nerf after people have rushed up the line to it.

That's the weird bit. It's not even a new line, and i'd guess is probably one of the most common tank lines in the game.

Either way, 9.22 is all about STPSTPA. Crap accuracy and a requirement to shoot sprem at them seems to be the common themes on most of them.

Side question related to this whole bond hunt thing - haven't seen much of a 'year later' review of what's good, what's not etc. on the improved equipment. The improved vstabs on the t49 may be my default unless anyone had any strong recommendations.

Based on yesterday there is 0 chance of me winning enough games any day to do it. So much shitness.

49 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Based on yesterday there is 0 chance of me winning enough games any day to do it. So much shitness.

Day 1 - 6 hours long, because asia. Useless kents.

I had a 78% weekend but yesterday cam crashing down to earth. 

Shoutout to the team where 4 of our top 5 in a tier 8 game were tier 7 and 8 prems with under 2k games games, under 200 Wn8 and under 45% win rate.  The only exception was a 5k battle 44%er in a Ferdy.

Think my 7 light and two tier 7 mediums all did 1500+ and no one else broke 500.

Question for the regulars, have you noticed it is easier to play on ANZ or SG? Talking in terms of just gameplay ie, teams, ability to win, dpg etc. Not really asking about ping or queue times. Im asking because I never really know what to say to people who ask if ANZ server is easier than other servers. I'm also not sure if my recent jump in stats (70% rWR for 1 month completely solo, 4 months ago I would've said it was impossible) has to do with skill, ping or if it's just easier.

12 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

Question for the regulars, have you noticed it is easier to play on ANZ or SG? Talking in terms of just gameplay ie, teams, ability to win, dpg etc. Not really asking about ping or queue times. Im asking because I never really know what to say to people who ask if ANZ server is easier than other servers. I'm also not sure if my recent jump in stats (70% rWR for 1 month completely solo, 4 months ago I would've said it was impossible) has to do with skill, ping or if it's just easier.

Likely observation bias involved, but i find SG to be considerably campier. The bads there just sit and do nothing. While the bads on AU just yolo, die, then swear at the team. As to ease, i guess it depends which meta works for you. Personally i prefer a more fluid / aggressive meta, hence AU works for me.

6 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Likely observation bias involved, but i find SG to be considerably campier. The bads there just sit and do nothing. While the bads on AU just yolo, die, then swear at the team. As to ease, i guess it depends which meta works for you. Personally i prefer a more fluid / aggressive meta, hence AU works for me.

There's a reason I've been telling myself why ANZ works for me and it's similar to that. I've been watching RU streamers for years and the RU server is like ANZ but 20x the population, with 10x the yolo. I've always tried to adjust my playstyle similar to RU players but it never worked as well on SG. On ANZ that kind of gameplay just seems to be watered down RU and it's like Ive been playing with a handicap all these years. I've always maintained that SG was the hardest server to play on and that seems even more prevalent now.

Skoot3r (23-Jan-18 10:41:02 AM) asolute DISMAL Pathetic excuse effort for a tier 9.. Shut your fucken mouth cockbreath.. smells like cum

I dunno, i get the feeling he might be mad.

5 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Skoot3r (23-Jan-18 10:41:02 AM) asolute DISMAL Pathetic excuse effort for a tier 9.. Shut your fucken mouth cockbreath.. smells like cum

I dunno, i get the feeling he might be mad.

Also English insults is much better than boxes

Random snippet i found now that WG give us the actual increases to stats... turns out off road is almost as good for your traverse as clutch, but you get better ground resistances as well. Pretty much a no brainer.

9casu255iyyipkf6g.jpg