Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

29 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

Sure there is, don't platoon 

Self assessment sure but where's the fun in that?

That moment when you realise ALL 3 crew members have been knocked out by an HE round.

I lost 2 of three the other day in the EVEN.  Have changed to a large med kit.

I wasn't going to but Foxey turned up on Saturday and said he was buying one so I was easily lead.

It's not good but it is good fun.  As long as you accept you are playing it for giggles it's laugh out loud fun then when you get a scoutable map it's stupidly good.

It was actually really funny,

I was sitting on Yzn3 from kazna krus stream talking about LTs and shit talking the RHM in the morning.

Then we went through all the LTs on my stream and I said how shit and pointless it is now with its 320 alpha. 

Then I decided to prove a point and play it, and literally this happens.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelyPatientAirGuitarEleGiggle

it's as pointless as the sheridan.....

oooh.  Hopey.  awkward.

7 minutes ago, Siggy said:

oooh.  Hopey.  awkward.

meh could not care less, good for him! 

I did not even know it was him until someone told me later,

Gives him something to tell the grankids about :)

It's all about how shit the RHM is and how wargaming are retarded! 

Changes according to the results of Common Test 2

• Object 257
    • Insignificantly improved the hull side armor

Rumour has it that it went from 40mm to 45mm. Ie that 122m triple overmatch while 120mm tanks were screwed is no longer the case.

yes that would look a tad like stalin bias.

Touching on the tracking of data for "best players" of X tank... WG don't provide any API / automated way of seeing which players are doing well in a given tank.  Reading the dmgwhores site it looks like he pulls in data for everyone and then filters it himself. That is a sheet load of effort.

The next best thing I can think of is a mechanism where people flag players known to be gud in said tank, and then Lorp could easily pull the necessary data.

For example the central list of good [tank]-player pairs could be kept on MM-RNG-Luck, Lorp could access this instead.  There would be some mechanism so that anyone could suggest a player to add - I.e through Lorp and/or mm-rng-luck.  It should be easy enough to protect so that noob players can't be added and this spam the list.

That means you could go to the data sync screen and click on an option to "Sync all good players", so if you were tracking the Even 90 and Rhm it would pull only the necessary data.  The sync could include players from any region.

Questions:

Roughly how many tanks would you regularly want to do this for?

How many players per tank would you want to see?

Would you want to include all regions or only some?

Would these options need to be settable per tank, or apply the same settings across all tanks being followed?

2 hours ago, AdrianK said:

Questions:

Roughly how many tanks would you regularly want to do this for?

How many players per tank would you want to see?

Would you want to include all regions or only some?

Would these options need to be settable per tank, or apply the same settings across all tanks being followed?

Tier 8+ no arty.

All regions.

I don't really understand this one

5 hours ago, AdrianK said:

How important is it to track "recents"? (overall stats are pretty easy, tracking recents is doable but definitely more complex).

Dont worry about recents too much, WG ranks cover that well enough. The overall is what Im more interested in

Is there a minimum battle count that players should have in a given tank (implying that players beneath said limit should be excluded)? Bearing in mind that the battle count would be displayed.

if there is a limit, what should it be?

On a separate but related topic - I have another idea for the app that I was interested in exploring.  I'd like you thoughts.

The idea is another heat-map that shows your performance for individual tanks, along with properties of those tanks (view range, speed, armor, gun, etc).  The idea is that you'd be able to see if there were certain tank performance characteristics that influenced your performance (WR, WN8, avg dmg, etc).  For example, do you do better/worse in fast & lightly armored tanks than slower heavy ones?  And if so - by how much?

So question #1 to you lot is - does that sound interesting, and something you might use (either for yourself or looking at others)?

Question #2 is - what tank characteristics should be included in this?  I think to keep it practical I'd need to limit the amount of characteristics - I was thinking about 10 or so.  My initial thoughts (in no particular order) are:

1. View range
  2. Camo rating
    1. Question: Just the moving or stationary as well? 
  3. Armour
    1. Question is which value?  Hull front only?
    2. Average all three values? E.g. if F/S/R = 100/40/20 then you get 53.3
    3. Question - how to handle turreted vs turretless tanks?  Using only the hull armor would get around this - or would you want to see this?  NB: there could be a "Turrent Y/N" measure, so you'd still see if that was an influence on your performance - the question is would the turret armor values need to be specifically called out?
  4. Average damage
  5. Rate of fire
  6. Penetration
  7. Accuracy
  8. Aim time
  9. Speed Limit
  10. Single shot / Clip

If you need any ideas on what other characteristics might be of interest see the wiki: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Category:Premium_tanks

New 9.22 Tiger looks kind of sexy.  Can't supply images.

20 hours ago, Va1heru said:

Tier 8+ no arty.

All regions.

Just to give a sense of scale...

1. There's approx 227 tanks that meet that criteria. Times that by 300 players per tank and you have over 68,000 data points.
  2. As a rough benchmark, Lorp can fetch the perf stats from WG for a given player/tank in approx 1.5 seconds. Times that by 300 (for one tank) is ~450 seconds /  7.5 minutes.
  3. To process all 227 tanks x 300 players would take >28 hours.  Unless I totally suck at maths.

I should be able to speed that up with some parallel processing, but who knows by how much.

5 hours ago, AdrianK said:

Just to give a sense of scale...

1. There's approx 227 tanks that meet that criteria. Times that by 300 players per tank and you have over 68,000 data points.
  2. As a rough benchmark, Lorp can fetch the perf stats from WG for a given player/tank in approx 1.5 seconds. Times that by 300 (for one tank) is ~450 seconds /  7.5 minutes.
  3. To process all 227 tanks x 300 players would take >28 hours.  Unless I totally suck at maths.

I should be able to speed that up with some parallel processing, but who knows by how much.

14 hours ago, AdrianK said:

Posting on phone is retarded, drop ammount of players to 100, that's fine, I'm only really ever looking at the top 20 or so anyway 

On 07/02/2018 at 2:20 PM, AdrianK said:

On 06/02/2018 at 4:29 PM, AdrianK said:

Ah so this is what purple poasting looks like - I can see t really need to up my game. :P

On ‎6‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:38 PM, JOC469 said:

d6rGyXH.png

On ‎6‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:38 PM, JOC469 said:

d6rGyXH.png

@AdrianK I think the API has a way to draw best players IGNs for a particular tank at least, then you have to cross reference the tank stats separately by pulling the data using the userID.