Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

Oh @AdrianK, if I provide you with the api ids for the current status of battle buddies can you whip up an in game counter that shows what it's at. Been doing some exploring and have found that the bit I need IS actually in the API so it should be possible to get it out.

yes please Mr Reaps

my only concern is that if I do this, everyone will see I have way to many BBs and too few kami's

14 hours ago, Nutkase said:

@neokai

Just wondering if the mods are seeing my posts are up for mod approval? 

Not sure if they are being denied or being missed 

Thanks 

I'll go and look for them

2 hours ago, AdrianK said:

URGENT - @Ezz @StormCrowReaperManyHats @Siggy anyone:

1. What  was the name of the metric Ezz invented around BB's & Kami's? - was it WNEzz? WnEzz? 
  2. What was the formula: BB / K, or K / BB?

I'm not sure we've gotten to that level of refinement, nor whether i invented it per se. But big numbers for metrics are better, so i'd say K/BB.

6 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I'm not sure we've gotten to that level of refinement, nor whether i invented it per se. But big numbers for metrics are better, so i'd say K/BB.

Gentlemen, I give you the first working prototype of the Scrubometer: 

https://mmrngluck.azurewebsites.net/Scrubometer.aspx

It's a rough prototype only.

Please pay attention to the data entry format - as noted on the page.  There's no links to this, so book-mark / use the link above.

The formula I have built is BB / K.  I didn't see your post fast enough Ezz.  It's easy to change though.

18 hours ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

Will never be as bad as Siggy's

Oh, I'm worse.  In fact I'm worse that QuickyBaby (he's the EU example on the page).

You should be able to query any account on any server, but you'll need to know their region.

Valid region codes are: Asia, EU, NA, RU.

18 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

It's easy to change though.

0.14 only... first metric where smaller is better. Feels bad.

Also as everyone likes numbers in the thousands... maybe a multiplier?

can.  I did a small update that includes both the RC/K and K/RC so you can compare.  I suggest someone fathers a list of accounts that demonstrate a reasonable sample size, then we can get a better idea.

From that we could determine some red green teal (etc) groupings a-la WN8.

Could also look at looking at average RC and K against battle count. Not necessarily as a part of the metric, but perhaps complimentary info.

(K/RC)*1000 is my preferred option that would give me 2630 and @Ezz as the namesake of the metric 7190, use the same colour scale as Wn8. This lets me be purple and has the added benefit of making @Siggy on 710 a yellow scrub and also makes @Saffee on 350 a nice shade of tomato.

Although I do wonder if we should add a battles played coefficient.

sounds good Reaps. Even if you're not sure, we can always just iterate through some different ideas and see what happens.

I need to do a separate api call to get the player names, could get the battle count then too, possibly (can't remember if it's in that api call or not).

we could also get clan tags and work out clan-WNEzz ratings based on clan members.

For WN8sque colour bands someone needs to help me determine what the cut-offs for each band is.

also, how should the WNEzz calculation handle 0 values, people with zero RC or zero K?

54 minutes ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

(K/RC)*1000 is my preferred option that would give me 2630 and @Ezz as the namesake of the metric 7190, use the same colour scale as Wn8. This lets me be purple and has the added benefit of making @Siggy on 710 a yellow scrub and also makes @Saffee on 350 a nice shade of tomato.

Although I do wonder if we should add a battles played coefficient.

I would love to have red stats in game.
can this me made the official colors from now on.

Pubbies would have a field day without knowing and I can hide in peace 

Win rate WN8 Rating
Under 46% Under 300
46% 300 to 449
47% 450 to 649
48% to 49% 650 to 899
50% to 51% 900 to 1199
52% to 53% 1200 to 1599
54% to 55% 1600 to 1999
56% to 59% 2000 to 2449
60% to 64% 2450 to 2899
65% + 2900 +
Color Keys
Very Bad
Bad
Below Average
Average
Above Average
Good
Very Good
Great
Unicum
Super Unicum
Percentile
0.00%
6.00%
20.00%
40.00%
63.00%
82.00%
95.00%
99.00%
99.90%
99.99%

Cannot format onto one line because raisins.

7 minutes ago, Saffee said:

I would love to have red stats in game.
can this me made the official colors from now on.

Pubbies would have a field day without knowing and I can hide in peace 

Saf you got it all wrong mate, we keep WN8 in game so that pubbies know who to focus on, but for real, true, meaningful metrics we use WnEzz since it's beyond the ken of pubbies.

1 hour ago, AdrianK said:

Yeah, I get the percentiles... I just have no idea what the WNEzz percentiles are.

I was thinking about making them equivalent more or less. With wn8 not WR.

((K/RC)/B)*25000000

I'm happy with that. As far people with 0 kamikazes it should return a 'Git Gud' result and people with 0 Battle Buddys in the absence of an algorithm to check account creation and recently played data because that gets complicated and you need serious server power for I think we should probably assign them a value of 1.

image.png

To get your account number there are a few options. You can go to your account management page on the portal and it's the number after https://asia.wargaming.net/id/ and before your ign or you can go to your forum profile and it's displayed in the url in the same place.