Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

I vote for whichever implementation makes Siggy the worst.

He said glibly, then looked. Not sure I like an implementation where it's possible to get a negative score, mind you I really don't mind any metric that put's me above Saffee AND Bol

As for a colour scale implementation to do it properly would involve taking a representative dataset and assigning percentile values to them I assume. How big a dataset do we need is the hard question?

2 hours ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

As for a colour scale implementation to do it properly would involve taking a representative dataset and assigning percentile values to them I assume. How big a dataset do we need is the hard question?

I was thinking we could assume the same distribution (bell curve?) as WN8.  If we could work out what the meaningful min/max values were I could try to do a first cut based on those endpoints.

Personally I like the negative - will look great with a deep red background.

One of the problems with the colour scale is that most people are unaware of WNEzz, so don't deliberately look to minimise RC's and maximize K's.  Those that do stat-pad their WNEzz massively distort the scale.  Most players fall within 0-3500.  Ezz more than doubles that.

So, if we have a scale that accommodates Ezz (i.e. 0 - 7500), everyone will be within a couple of colours.  Players seeking to raise their WNEzz will have to stat-pad for ages to see any change.

But if we build for the majority (0 - 3500) Ezz will never see any change.

Ok, small but notable update - have included an arbitrary colour scale as a starter for 10, based on a ceiling of 3500.

44 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

One of the problems with the colour scale is that most people are unaware of WNEzz, so don't deliberately look to minimise RC's and maximize K's.  Those that do stat-pad their WNEzz massively distort the scale.  Most players fall within 0-3500.  Ezz more than doubles that.

So, if we have a scale that accommodates Ezz (i.e. 0 - 7500), everyone will be within a couple of colours.  Players seeking to raise their WNEzz will have to stat-pad for ages to see any change.

But if we build for the majority (0 - 3500) Ezz will never see any change.

That's perfectly acceptable, I'd always intended 3000 to be the highest the rating measured colour wise.

-anything  Deep Red
0 to 400 Red
400 to 800 Yellow
800 to 1300 Green
1300 to 1800 Dark Green
1800 to 2300 Blue
2300 to 3000 Purple
3000+ Dark Purple

Is a good starting point

Cool, I'll do an update, probably tomorrow.

I was also thinking of doing separate supporting scales for RC and K. maybe.

What I'll probably plan to do is:

1 - get a basic login/rego/profile thing going, based on the WG login API, so that people can login to mmrngluck.

2 - allow people this logged in to "register" players into the scrubometer, so you don't have to muck around with account numbers, and do a general UI clean up. 

3 - allow people logged in to create a forum sig.  Please note this would not auto update automagically - at least not at first; the plan would be to refresh them whenever any refreshed the scrubometer.

13 hours ago, AdrianK said:

3 - allow people logged in to create a forum sig.  Please note this would not auto update automagically - at least not at first; the plan would be to refresh them whenever any refreshed the scrubometer.

I love you.

3 hours ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

I love you.

Uhhhhh, is that "I love you" in the sense that Poli would use on a Saturday morning, or something less... abrasive?

17 hours ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

That's perfectly acceptable, I'd always intended 3000 to be the highest the rating measured colour wise.

-anything  Deep Red
0 to 400 Red
400 to 800 Yellow
800 to 1300 Green
1300 to 1800 Dark Green
1800 to 2300 Blue
2300 to 3000 Purple
3000+ Dark Purple

Is a good starting point

One thing - the scale you've used has 7 >= points on its scale, the WN8 standard scale has 9.  Any chance we can modify to include an additional 2?  Ideally somewhere around where most players are likely to sit (the 600-1600 range?)?

11 hours ago, Politx_Killer said:

As long as im dank purple. And feet/siggy is red.

Amazingly he's Teal.  I suspect this is driven less by his K's and more by his BB resets.... so perhaps not that amazing.

9 hours ago, AdrianK said:

Uhhhhh, is that "I love you" in the sense that Poli would use on a Saturday morning, or something less... abrasive?

One thing - the scale you've used has 7 >= points on its scale, the WN8 standard scale has 9.  Any chance we can modify to include an additional 2?  Ideally somewhere around where most players are likely to sit (the 600-1600 range?)?

Amazingly he's Teal.  I suspect this is driven less by his K's and more by his BB resets.... so perhaps not that amazing.

Much less abrasive, and happy with adding two extras, that was just a baseline indicator I essentially made up on the spot.

Just got back after the autologin mod locked me off for more than half a year, what happened to Statpad/Platoon United and is there an alternative?

Dunno, but you could always form a new channel "Chat Ban and Team Damage United". You might find that it's popularity wildly exceeds your expectations.

Not generally here. This tends to go a day or so with nothing, then a flurry of activity. Then nothing as we all end up spent fairly quickly. 

They call us the 2 stroke scream team.

21 minutes ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

I guess people are dinging in discord instead of in-game channels now. 

which server?

OexDU0Jg.jpg

Ezz justifying himself when he's going for a Kamikaze on the enemy Mauschen in his Type 59.

(And yeah, those are the actual lyrics)

New MM-RNG-Luck update now live

Not a change to the Scrubometer itself, instead I've added the ability to register/login using your WOT account.  You'll see a new "Login" menu option; click on that to go to the login page, etc.

Please feel free to register using your primary WOT ASIA Account; other regions now yet supported, alt accounts not yet supported - both will be eventually.

As of right now being registered doesn't let you do anything except set some basic profile info (Nickname, avatar, contact email, timezone).  Once it look stable, and I have time, I'll start adding the fun stuff.

As this is a "first release" of this, please bear with me if things go wrong.  Feel free to notify me of errors / thoughts / etc.  Please note that if you get the error screen, the system will automatically email me the error details.

Scrubometer Update

https://mmrngluck.azurewebsites.net/Scrubometer.aspx

It's the big one:

• WNEzz algorithm updated to version 2.1 - the only difference is applying the * 10,000 modifier earlier and changing some rounding to 0, so now the scores are more accurate (not rounded to 100, etc).  Details on the calculation now shown on the page.  Please note your WNEzz scores have changed.
  • Registered players (only) can 'enrol' other players in the Scrubometer.
  • Registered players can enrol themselves from the profile screen - scroll down to the "Digital Identities' section.  It's through this section that you'll eventually be able to also enrol your alt's.
  • The UI is still not perfect, but better.
  • Date/times: all date/times are in displayed in UTC.  Registered Users Timezone setting has no effect yet, but eventually all times will be accurate and reflected in the users specified timezone.
  • Other unseen enhancements, such as error handling and logging.

Shout out to @JOC469 and @MagicalFlyingFox for being the first two to register.

Next major feature in the works - forum sigs.

FYI @StormCrowReaperManyHats @Ezz @Siggy @Politx_Killer @OutCom - have already registered you blokes.