Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

Maintain your battle buddy count and ram all the things.

55 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

Crikey I'm a limey yellow :(

How to pad WnEzz?

Easy:

1. Form a ring of salt around your computer.
  2. Make a post on the official forums lamenting one of the following: the balance of [some tank], gold rounds, MM, SGP server in general.
  3. Pummel your mouse into your computer until either of them no longer works.

If you get any forum responses to your posts (step #2), before completing step #3, you have failed.

Add FramFramson for me. Wish to name and shame him.

@AdrianK

so if you a unicum in WnEZZ, you essentially a scone eating rear-entry softy that just want to hug your fellow team mates... and/or ram them up the rear ?

HE friendlies and ram enemies, so basically yes.

1 hour ago, k4basher said:

so if you a unicum in WnEZZ, you essentially a scone eating rear-entry softy that just want to hug your fellow team mates... and/or ram them up the rear ?

You dissing scones?

2 hours ago, Siggy said:

Add FramFramson for me. Wish to name and shame him.

@AdrianK

Done - he has the honor of being our first carrot rated player.

Also, I've been keeping note of the errors coming through - have put in a fix to deal to one of them; hopefully it won't cause more issues.  Gotta love testing in production.

Dark Purple in a metric finally, even if I did have to help invent it.

IGNchange to Re-Tired.

Actually looking at that I think You've got the colour scale mislabeled Ads. I should be purple not Dank purple.

56 minutes ago, Siggy said:

@AdrianK Can we have Puggsley next please?

Do I look like your bitch?

2 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Yes.  Also I said please :-)

Ok then.  Just for you, dearest @Siggy

#SelfEmpowerement

#1 - Access the Log In page; click Login (Asia)

6JEhcma.png

#2 Confirm to sell your soul.  If doing this for the first time you will have to login to WG using your WOT account.

h8Dv3D0.png

#3 - View the Scrubometer

fvB8oQ4.png

#4 Enter bot/scrub/players nickname.  Choose region.  Click search.  

molIKKy.png

#5 Click Add.  

UUGeZIn.png

#6 Note message.  Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all bots/scrubs/players added that you want to add.

Click on 'All' button to finish.

AyRfijn.png

#7 Observe how they are added.

zog4jQ0.png

I did try that yesterday, honest

Input on WNEzz Forum Sigs Requested

This is your chance to provide input into WNEzz forum sigs.  Generating the sigs isn't hard, but it is fiddly.

Two things to consider:

#1 - What Data Would You Like Displayed?

Currently available (easy/faster to implement):

1. Player name (obviously)
  2. WNEzz
  3. RC
  4. RC average
  5. K
  6. K average
  7. battle count
  8. WR
  9. global rating
  10. Region
  11. Date generated
  12. WNEzz version (yawn)

The ones in bold I would include anyway.  I think seeing the K & RC averages is important: did someone get that score by being average at both or pro at one and sucking at the other?

Other data that could be added - effort/time to implement may vary:

1. Clan name - easy-ish
  2. User defined text - new option under "My Profile" - easy-ish
  3. WN8 (overall) - big job
  4. Vehicle specific stats - big job
  5. Any other data I can get via the API - i.e. 'achievement' data

The last one is interesting.  I'll be looking into this regardless.  First job is to see which tanks are most applicable (E50 is an obvious contender).  Could do ranking tables for certain tanks; so makes sense to offer a sig option for that too.

#2 - What Visual Formatting Options Would You Like?

What sort of layout do you want - feel free to post ideas or PM me.  Below are two simple sigs I generated as a first attempt.

Size?  The examples below are 468 x 100 - standard forum sig dimensions from official forum;,but we could do different sizes.

These are the sorts of things I could offer as user definable settings, on some "Generate Forum Sig" page:

1. Colours - foreground / background.  But obviously not the colours associated with the scores/colour scale.
  2. Background image
  3. Font size, font type.
  4. Positioning of text - although that's fiddly so probably not; although I could maybe offer some limited pre-canned options.

Can we do animated gifs?  Technically yes, but that will take me awhile to get to, suggest we start with static sigs for now.

2hmLcwq.png

XOfo04N.png

How would it work?

1. You'd go to the "Generate Forum Sig" page.
  2. You'd customize your sig.  Not sure yet about previews.
  3. You'd click "Generate" which would save the settings, and generate the image file.  One sig image per login.
  4. You'd copy the URL to this image and use it in the forums.

As people updated the stats, your sigs would all get automagically updated too.

I could also put out a URL that you could call at anytime to refresh your stats and sig.

Discuss.

3 Horizontal lines on the left hand edge with the metrics. Just makes it easier to read?

I'm somewhat torn as to how much effort should be spent on this... but anyway, one side element of stats in general (including kamikazes) is average tier. So if you could squeeze that in somehow, it might help add some context.

5 hours ago, Ezz said:

I'm somewhat torn as to how much effort should be spent on this... but anyway, one side element of stats in general (including kamikazes) is average tier. So if you could squeeze that in somehow, it might help add some context.

Whilst it's true that I am partly driven by a base need to be seen positively by my peer-group, there's also the aspect that I find building stuff like this fun.  I need the stimulation, and if I wasn't doing this I'd do something else. At the moment this has captured my imagination, so we might as well make the most of it before it dissipates.

I'll look into avg tier.  If I ever get around to pulling individual tank performance, including K's specifically, I'd be able to provide average tier for kamikazes.

A starter for 10.  

1. This URL template works as of now; although the sig is still kinda basic.  The true release will be with a customisation page that actually works (the one in there is for dev purposes only).
  2. Note the "x" between asia and your account id.
  3. You can  optionally use the extra args (&d=yform) for the different score tab design.

@StormCrowReaperManyHats - I have finally fixed the dank purple ratings error you pointed out a while ago, and added colours for an initial avg K / avg RC rating.

https://mmrngluck.azurewebsites.net/players/sigs/wnezz/current.ashx?rk=asiax2000551448

https://mmrngluck.azurewebsites.net/players/sigs/wnezz/current.ashx?rk=asiax2000254937&d=yform

current.ashx?rk=asiax2001954209

current.ashx?rk=asiax2000314370&d=yform

current.ashx?rk=asiax2000551448

current.ashx?rk=asiax2000254937&d=yform

1 hour ago, AdrianK said:

A starter for 10.  

1. This URL template works as of now; although the sig is still kinda basic.  The true release will be with a customisation page that actually works (the one in there is for dev purposes only).
  2. Note the "x" between asia and your account id.
  3. You can  optionally use the extra args (&d=yform) for the different score tab design.

@StormCrowReaperManyHats - I have finally fixed the dank purple ratings error you pointed out a while ago, and added colours for an initial avg K / avg RC rating.

https://mmrngluck.azurewebsites.net/players/sigs/wnezz/current.ashx?rk=asiax2000551448

https://mmrngluck.azurewebsites.net/players/sigs/wnezz/current.ashx?rk=asiax2000254937&d=yform

current.ashx?rk=asiax2001954209

current.ashx?rk=asiax2000314370&d=yform

current.ashx?rk=asiax2000551448

current.ashx?rk=asiax2000254937&d=yform

4eva blue