Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

34 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Hopey's theory on bots in battles had little behind it,

So they got to you too Ezz. 

5 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

So they got to you too Ezz. 

Don't get me wrong, i still click the placebo report button, but i have no doubt they aren't actual bots, but just shitters content with failing / power grinding their way up the tiers. And sadly WG can't ban them as they don't have anything in there to prevent that sort of activity.

On 10/16/2018 at 11:41 AM, AdrianK said:

Cortes

So fuck it.  I can manage my own expectations, I can take the good with the bad, but I'm not WG's bitch, and I'm not going to take this monotonous up-the-arse un-fun any more.  

Wot occupies a large part of me, that will create a hole that needs to be filled (not my arse, oh wait...).  getting around that will take a bit of grieving - I have no doubt: I wanted to play this game forever.   So after sleeping on it (more than once) I'm going full Cortez: scuttling the ships, burning the bridges, scorched earth.  Each new day will be a day not being shat on by SPG's, MM and RNG.

Can I mind your stuff?

Man the ANZ server is horrific. 

On the plus side, I finally aced the KV-4 with the most meh game ever - I thought it was going to be a second class.

3 hours ago, Ezz said:

Don't get me wrong, i still click the placebo report button, but i have no doubt they aren't actual bots, but just shitters content with failing / power grinding their way up the tiers. And sadly WG can't ban them as they don't have anything in there to prevent that sort of activity.

A friend of mine actually bots, and from what he tells me they play just as well as the average player i.e. 7-800 WN8, but with negative situational awareness, inhuman marksmanship, and an inability to panic.

I've platooned with him while he was playing another game - it turns out that the same combination of strengths means that bots make better arty players than literally 75% of the playerbase: it effortlessly maintains something like 750 average damage on both the M44 and AMX 13 F3, all while shitting out credits and ruining real players' games.

tbh bots wouldn't be a thing if the game wasn't so grindy, and if the grinds weren't designed in such a player hostile-approach, but botting artillery crosses the line twice and I feel bad for not blacklisting him

7 hours ago, JOC469 said:

Can I mind your stuff?

Joc, mate, I consider you a friend but the answers no.  I did contemplate something like that but the temptation would have been dangerous.  Plus, I want to send a message to the fucks that run this game that even a "safe" die-hard player like me, who has an established history of inve$ting in the game, can't be taken for granted.  Hopefully it will send a message to those people, and hopefully it might benefit  those of you who stay.

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

A friend of mine actually bots, 

Dude, let me stop you right there.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:56 AM, Hellvn said:

At least Metonic got banned in Dec 2016 - I also encountered him in a few games.

He’s a purple compared to Angel____Kiss though.

Metonic also loaded only gold. Must have been costing him a fortune.

@Ezz I don’t actually care if they not or not cause the result is much the same. I’m just wondering where a 1/3 of the server pop. disappears to overnight. Maybe a bunch of Indo players no longer default to the ANZ server?

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

@Ezz I don’t actually care if they not or not cause the restart is much the same. I’m just wondering where a 1/3 of the server pop. disappears to overnight. Maybe a bunch of Indo players no longer default to the ANZ server?

I guess this will be a fair indication. If they were bots / player number padders,  why haven't they been turned on? If it's just people patching then it makes sense if would be a more progressive increase. I suspect the weekend numbers will be the most telling. 

28 minutes ago, Otto-matic Reiffel said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to bot on the more populated server? Faster time to get into game and a greater spread of players to reduce repeat suspicion. 

The conspiracy theory is that WG are adding bots to the ANZ server to pad the population.

45 minutes ago, Otto-matic Reiffel said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to bot on the more populated server? Faster time to get into game and a greater spread of players to reduce repeat suspicion. 

As above, plus you're assuming that people's theories have a sensible foundation.

The fact that the ANZ server pre patch was almost always at 1024 around peak times which is suspiciously bit like (pun intended).

Adding some bots as seed players makes some sense from WG point of view. If somebody joined the AU server and saw there were only 100 players online they'd probably not bother and quit. 

I look at the server player count after I log into the HK server. if it's less than 500 I don't bother. Actually if it's less than 1k I don't bother.

Even that's a stretch of the truth - I generally don't bother with ANZ.

Also I am fairly certain my play at the moment is helping WG flesh out the bot count. 

8 hours ago, AdrianK said:

Joc, mate, I consider you a friend but the answers no.  I did contemplate something like that but the temptation would have been dangerous.  Plus, I want to send a message to the fucks that run this game that even a "safe" die-hard player like me, who has an established history of inve$ting in the game, can't be taken for granted.  Hopefully it will send a message to those people, and hopefully it might benefit  those of you who stay.

Dude, let me stop you right there.

Meh I was just pointing out that bots might not be as bad as people think, they may well be worse.

7 hours ago, sohojacques said:

@Ezz I don’t actually care if they not or not cause the result is much the same. I’m just wondering where a 1/3 of the server pop. disappears to overnight. Maybe a bunch of Indo players no longer default to the ANZ server?

one possibility is that they changed up the login code. previously i'd get thrown into the ozziiiiiieeee server for no discernible reason despite having like 15 ping on the HK server since I literally live next to it. it could be that the server code no longer throws people in the AU server, or at least not as zealously as it used to

Bastard is censored on the fishul forums?

“Alright, which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?”

15 hours ago, lavawing said:

Meh I was just pointing out that bots might not be as bad as people think, they may well be worse.

Firstly, no, you weren't:

On 10/18/2018 at 4:55 AM, lavawing said:

A friend of mine actually bots, and from what he tells me they play just as well as the average player i.e. 7-800 WN8, but with negative situational awareness, inhuman marksmanship, and an inability to panic.

I've platooned with him while he was playing another game - it turns out that the same combination of strengths means that bots make better arty players than literally 75% of the playerbase: it effortlessly maintains something like 750 average damage on both the M44 and AMX 13 F3, all while shitting out credits and ruining real players' games.

tbh bots wouldn't be a thing if the game wasn't so grindy, and if the grinds weren't designed in such a player hostile-approach, but botting artillery crosses the line twice and I feel bad for not blacklisting him

I actually thought some of your comments in this post were genuinely interesting, but either your powers of communication need improvement or you're taking the piss, because your reply beginning with "meh" sounded a tiny bit like you were denying what you had actually said.

Secondly, how the fuck to do think people like me feel when you say things like "A friend of mine actually bots" (which is why I neg-rep'd you in the first place)?  Did you misspeak - is he perhaps merely a distant acquaintance of your nextdoor neighbour; or are you firm buddies? (Rhetorical question).  Because if you're really friends with someone who bots then as I see it you have the following acceptable choices:

1. Convince him of the error of his ways, and strongly denounce his behaviour. 
  2. Decide you have a spine, tell him you don't hang with people that lack a moral compass, and disassociate yourself from him; as opposed to:  "...but botting artillery crosses the line twice and I feel bad for not blacklisting him".  (Awww you feel bad).
  3. Fuck off and leave us in peace, because if you were at all familiar with the attitudes of the majority of people who frequent this thread, you'd know that bots (and those that appear to outwardly condone them) are the exactly what we stand against.

Lastly, can you please clarify this statement: 

On 10/18/2018 at 4:55 AM, lavawing said:

I've platooned with him while he was playing another game...

Because when you say "I''ve platooned with him" I assume you're referring to platooning in WoT, whilst the second part of that sentence clearly states he was not personally playing WoT, from which I can only surmise you were knowingly platooned with a bot. 

7 hours ago, AdrianK said:

Firstly, no, you weren't:

I actually thought some of your comments in this post were genuinely interesting, but either your powers of communication need improvement or you're taking the piss, because your reply beginning with "meh" sounded a tiny bit like you were denying what you had actually said.

Secondly, how the fuck to do think people like me feel when you say things like "A friend of mine actually bots" (which is why I neg-rep'd you in the first place)?  Did you misspeak - is he perhaps merely a distant acquaintance of your nextdoor neighbour; or are you firm buddies? (Rhetorical question).  Because if you're really friends with someone who bots then as I see it you have the following acceptable choices:

1. Convince him of the error of his ways, and strongly denounce his behaviour. 
  2. Decide you have a spine, tell him you don't hang with people that lack a moral compass, and disassociate yourself from him; as opposed to:  "...but botting artillery crosses the line twice and I feel bad for not blacklisting him".  (Awww you feel bad).
  3. Fuck off and leave us in peace, because if you were at all familiar with the attitudes of the majority of people who frequent this thread, you'd know that bots (and those that appear to outwardly condone them) are the exactly what we stand against.

Lastly, can you please clarify this statement: 

Because when you say "I''ve platooned with him" I assume you're referring to platooning in WoT, whilst the second part of that sentence clearly states he was not personally playing WoT, from which I can only surmise you were knowingly platooned with a bot. 

Well then have fun with the 150 or so dedicated players on your thriving server :) 

I thought negrepping people because you're offended was reddit's specialty, but no worries.

Your last statement though, I feel requires some explanation - on my part, that is. Botting and all forms of like third party software like aiming aids are against the ToS. True, but do bear in mind that there's nothing in the ToS itself that compels you or gives you any duty to report people who do break the ToS, so I can only come to the conclusion that it is a moral compunction take to its very furthest. Besides and in any case, I no longer care enough about this shithole game to worry about the ethics of being friends with botters. And what was left of my moral compass so far as WoT was concerned was flushed straight down the drain when I rebought my S-51 for the oh-so-lovely Excalibur missions.

Seriously, you don't have take it so - I don't know - sorely? Half of the last 10 posts on this thread were about botting, without people actually having too much idea as to what it looks like. Here I am trying to help and I don't even know what to say any more. I mean it's like downvoting an artillery thread which sorts out the best (i.e. worst) cancer per tier. (I'd get offended too,) but information is information.