Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

As dante alluded to, turning up with 3 x tier 5s should hardly be considered turning up.

One thing aurora's posting did highlight is that officiating by leaving grey areas then banning people once in a while is hardly the best way to do things. But then it's WG Asia so i guess it's to be expected.

Oh no. My WNEzz rank is at -16 :S what do

I'm pretty sure that's approaching remove from clan territory. Shamefur.

As dante alluded to, turning up with 3 x tier 5s should hardly be considered turning up.

One thing aurora's posting did highlight is that officiating by leaving grey areas then banning people once in a while is hardly the best way to do things. But then it's WG Asia so i guess it's to be expected.

I'm pretty sure that's approaching remove from clan territory. Shamefur.

Like Fury did to us last night you mean? ;) 

one bulldog one lttb and one td something

Hence the grey area issue. There are oodles of genuine reasons why you may not field full tens. So fury tried landing but didn't show up? Did they have other battles? Were they short on viable tanks? Did they tell you in advance so you didn't waste time - but then some numpties went in the battle anyway? etc.

Hence the grey area issue. There are oodles of genuine reasons why you may not field full tens. So fury tried landing but didn't show up? Did they have other battles? Were they short on viable tanks? Did they tell you in advance so you didn't waste time - but then some numpties went in the battle anyway? etc.

If I understand it right, delaying battles is merely a tool, not a main strategy to rely on.

They did have another battle at the same time

but dont show up and scrub my win8zzzzzzzzzz just tech it

If I understand it right, delaying battles is merely a tool, not a main strategy to rely on.

But when is it ban worthy?

But when is it ban worthy?

sigh, thats impossible to decide on is it not?

unless you are just obviously being a cunt like fbb 4s and so on

sigh, thats impossible to decide on is it not?

unless you are just obviously being a cunt like fbb 4s and so on

Being a cunt is a tool.

Aurora's badly made point was that if WG don't sanction cunts for 2 years, is it cool to suddenly start doing it?

And further, where is the delineation?

KAC has run 'high risk' strats aimed at minimising tank assets with the full knowledge that our chances to win would be lower. We probably cost CNC a few WN8 points in the process. But that was mostly in response to moldy being a cunt.

For mine they need to spend the time delineating what is ok and what is not.

4ss just posted.

Flood gates opened.

If only I could qoute properly on my phone.

Seriously that post is the best bs of the year.

A law should be consistent and enforceable. This current chip spam thread is not really either.

4ss just posted.

Flood gates opened.

If only I could qoute properly on my phone.
Seriously that post is the best bs of the year.

BS or not, the point is the rule should cover the excuses, not be some case by case basis - especially given WG's track record on case by case basis investigations.

Anyone know why 4S escaped this one?

Nobody officially reported them to Tan (with evidence) recently?

One thing aurora's posting did highlight is that officiating by leaving grey areas then banning people once in a while is hardly the best way to do things.

The only reasonable thing to result from his otherwise terrible contributions. WG have always been able to ban anyone for anything without requiring any proof, and it's so annoying that they've refused to use it for so long. I'm not against it in principle, but it can't be, as you say, "once in a while" or whoever just pisses off Tan. There should be some predictability.

There are oodles of genuine reasons why you may not field full tens.

I think the key phrase is "repetitive or excessive". Unfortunately that's not something a single clan can measure, unless they're stood up by the same guys game after game. Even more unfortunately, I doubt WG have the will to actively monitor for this behaviour.

but it can't be, as you say, "once in a while" or whoever just pisses off Tan. There should be some predictability.

Lol... being on a 7 day suspension for merely mentioning facebook strikes me that they may be a fair ways off this ideal.

I think the key phrase is "repetitive or excessive". Unfortunately that's not something a single clan can measure, unless they're stood up by the same guys game after game. Even more unfortunately, I doubt WG have the will to actively monitor for this behaviour.

Agreed, but it's so loose a term that WG should just come out with something.

Even silly and loose lines in the sand - eg less than 120 tier points 3 times a week on an LZ. On land teching is another kettle of fish again.

Another case that KAC has come up against is thinking we'll have two teams on at a time for LZs, finding 1.5 and so teching one of the tournies. With attendance being fairly difficult to predict does one therefore never chip beyond their minimum attendance?

Lol... being on a 7 day suspension for merely mentioning facebook strikes me that they may be a fair ways off this ideal.

Even silly and loose lines in the sand - eg less than 120 tier points 3 times a week on an LZ. On land teching is another kettle of fish again.

Another case that KAC has come up against is thinking we'll have two teams on at a time for LZs, finding 1.5 and so teching one of the tournies. With attendance being fairly difficult to predict does one therefore never chip beyond their minimum attendance?

Yes. A major part of the problem seems to be that there's no "they", there's only Tan, and he's unsuited to the role. $1.99 and all that.

If you're going to chip to our minimum attendance then we're not even going to have a full team :P I think the "intent to play" is the key metric. If you're chpping to delay one round, fine, if you're chipping and suddenly can't field a team, fine, if you're chipping with no intention whatsoever of turning up, better not do it too often. Others may also argue that if you regularly cannot field a full team then maybe your clan should be chipping at all, though of course this is a circular argument right now.

When it's as annoying as PBKAC posters pointing out the chipspam problem in the first place?

No, you won't get banned for that. You will however get immediately banned for later on highlighting the lack of action from Tan WG regarding said fully described and debated issue.

Hence back to what the guideline for Non Serious Attempts should be (i used to get busted in high school for 'NSA's on exams - i don't think the teachers saw the humor at the time).

So rather amusingly, a couple years after a number of ideas were raised by the community on how to improve CW, WG start implementing them. Europe as a map. High value low value. Chip spam. etc.. For CW's sake, let's hope it's not too late.

Now that you mention it, it's quite possible that Tan is acting now only because the CW participation figures have nosedived. If there's been a similar drop off in general participation then it's already too late. This change is not enough to convince departed players to return, assuming they even hear about it of course.

Given the proliferation of clans suspected of using illegal mod packs, i suspect WG still have a few challenges ahead of them.

Now that you mention it, it's quite possible that Tan is acting now only because the CW participation figures have nosedived. If there's been a similar drop off in general participation then it's already too late. This change is not enough to convince departed players to return, assuming they even hear about it of course.

Possibly the only reason Tan bothered to fix CW. Seeing that he's been 'analyzing data for months', that means that the CW participation figures had been bad for that long.

Kinda like administering first aid after 3 days. CW's deader than disco.

I'll have to take your word for it, but I think we've stumbled on the answer to the "Why now, after two years" question. I wonder what the overall server stats look like?

Too little too late. No one gives a fuck anymore because it has been going on for ages. Even when I chatted with him on Skype he was like "no rules are being broken, they're legit". I can't even be bothered to say anything about it on the official forums because they're dead to me.

Probably MagicalFlyingFox's, what with his recent obsession with ramming people in stronks

no thats a KAC tradition. Always been ingrained into our dna

Just typical Tanitha hypocrisy.

No rules are being broken for the last 2 years with the CW spam. Same line is toddled out with Farmpaign 3. All of a sudden EULA has been breached - 7 days off using the "just because we can" clause.

Why this wasn't used at any time during the last 2 years is a mystery. Actually it isn't - the guy is just fucking useless. And the stupid saps that scream out "have all my +1s" to him. Fucking disgraceful.

Also, any recommendations on PC browsers? I currently run:

IE

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Opera

Would like another reasonable program instead of having to run multiple VMs to access multiple accounts.

Using private browsing sessions in most of those can add an extra one.

And yeah, i think as most agree, punishing dicks who chip spammed is good, but WG's methods are shit. How much is Tan's fault remains to be seen.

Say, anyone hear what happened to that CW admin role?