Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

. Put yourself in my shoes and feel what i feel.

Oh I've been there, commitment and promises regarding voluntary work. Was doing good until the upper echelon fucked me over, despite all the shit I've got to deal with, them being not trustworthy leading to me asking myself why should I do this shit if the one in charge ain't got much regard for me? 

Now you said you have a thing you're supposed to do involving your real life and you prioritize the work for WoT? Damn man, even idealism has its limit

Because I take what promises I make as seriously as possible. Same with LUCK SH/CW even with all the pubbie shit happening in the last few months, I make it a point to show up, to not be in random battle when the CW might pop etc.

Today I woke at 6, reached work at 7, worked till 8, spent an hour looking in shops for stuff for tomorrow's work, and now at the com eating dinner, taking the time to glance through forums and see if there are reports.... And then I'm working on slides I brought home for tomorrow (anticipate to take an hour, hopefully). Now it's at least another hour, I'm still working my way through the fucking 30+ reports I had to flag. Put yourself in my shoes and feel what i feel.

Lol

Put yourself in my shoes and feel what i feel.

Almost 4 years ago i found a forum for a game i liked and started paying attention to it. I started getting involved pretty quickly and quickly became known and trusted (well at least steel probably did). During the first year i spent most of the time being called a WG apologist for defending it against the tin foil hat brigade and general deniers. Then i moved to a different server with a smaller community. We were tight knit, had good relationships with pretty much everyone on the server, even the mods, and whenever anything came up i actively tried to placate the situation regardless of the parties involved. I often was the one defending mick for instance, and played a part in getting both sides on the same page there. Essentially one of the community mediators. Over time my contributions varied from CW meta, CW development, relating game experience, helping new players, pretty much doing whatever positive i could, but also being pretty damn critical of WG at times. My criticism however was always honest. I called a spade a fucking spade. Nor did i hold back when WG tried to cover things up. Through all of that I also managed to somehow lead a clan of some of the best gents i've known for almost 1000 days, play a shedload of battles from pubs to stronks to historical things, soccer, races to tournies, CW and campaigns. You name it. I loved this game. I loved the forum. Oh yeah, and i ate dinner at my PC a fucking shit load of times too. And you know what? All that is pretty much lost now. You know why? Because a bunch of fuckwits over at WG have their head so far up their arses that they have actively started trying to kill off the very community that made the SEA server what it was.

So neokai, spare me your sob story. You signed up for that shit. Do it and shut up about it. Or don't do it. Honestly, if you think a fair few of us give a shit how much time and effort you put into it, consider the time and effort we put into WoT and the SEA server, then have a whinge.

Edited by Ezz

Thanks neokai, but it probably won't matter now. A massive meme rush like that really does heighten the mood; it's like a momentous "something big's gonna happen" even though to Tan it's just another collective whine from the English playerbase.

The passion is gone from most of the people we know in WoT; least you can do is not to get embittered by your sense of duty.

The SEA server wasn't about CW, the game itself, the tanks or WG.

The SEA server was a fun community to be involved in. All the game did was facilitate the community. All they had to do was deal with issues properly and speak the truth instead of covering it up with lies or ignorance. "We can't deal with xxx because our voice is small in HQ" is enough for us to understand and drop/help in fixing it.

all that was required was very simple. But somehow WG have fucked up so majorly that everything that was built, our community, is now nearly nonexistent. 

Congratu-fucking-lations WG.

I believe the correct word is now Dong.

So you'll settle for smaller sizes now? 

Are we telling forum stories now? Mines pretty boring, I eventually had a shitfit after some modding4fun was performed on my account (true story, the first time I was redpenned a few of the PBKAC guys nearly lost it, turns out a newbie mod had been a touch too zealous). Since approximately half the stuff Ive been hit with in my forum career has been similar, it was kinda the straw that broke the camels back. I mean seriously, redpenned for a frank discussion regarding what to do in the event of unavoidable afk (it happens, we should talk about it occasionally)?

I dont envy you the job Neo, and trying to do it well while being surrounded by the people who seem to be doing their utmost to crush the community cant be fun, but Im not going to empathise with you over what happened tonight. That was a reaction of a community who feels much the same as I do, alienated and disappointed, and just wanting to go out with a bang. 

Im sure WG will not mourn its passing.

Edited by karl0ssus1

I had an amusing quote from some pubbie complaining about his IS-2 losing half of its hitpoints to a Pz38na, but in light of Ezz' post I feel that there would be a better time...

And neokai, has anyone mentioned that you work too much? Btw do you know if I was perma'd? It looks like it, but the warning I got only said 6h.

Sometimes i wonder just how much power the local branch of WG has over the campaigns, NA and SEA both suffered some pretty piss poor TZs that didn't make any sense.

Now, if the Russians had the majority of the planning done and SEA/NA was only there to implement, then its understandable, but if SEA/NA was responsible for actually modifying TZ and such, then this simply shows a complete loss of touch between WG and the player base.

I had an amusing quote from some pubbie complaining about his IS-2 losing half of its hitpoints to a Pz38na, but in light of Ezz' post I feel that there would be a better time...

And neokai, has anyone mentioned that you work too much? Btw do you know if I was perma'd? It looks like it, but the warning I got only said 6h.

Least you got a formal warning, I got nothing so far

It's the sign of times, armegeddon is an apt word.....the community, forums and game has gone to shit.

The game, if you are not using any plasmapack/warpack, you are only crippling yourself. Either get with the program or be slowly eaten up by no skilled noobies. The rot has gone from pubbies to tourneys. The day i have to no choice but to do that to, is the day i quit WOT.

The community, seniors leaving/retiring from the forum is a sign that something has gone far too wrong and long. 

The forums, is being run like a communist state. No critisinm allowed, double standards aplenty, it's either toeing the line or get perma banned. Over protecting of the viets have led to this with their bought/botted accounts, lets see how WOT ASIA will last with only viets left on this server. I am not being rascist.....i know some good viets. Even viets acknowledge that they hate those that tarnish viet name. Now the mods are deleting all post that refered to what happened today. Even the harmless ones. Revisionist history much?

F

Now, if the Russians had the majority of the planning done and SEA/NA was only there to implement, then its understandable, but if SEA/NA was responsible for actually modifying TZ and such, then this simply shows a complete loss of touch between WG and the player base.

we have asked for the earliest TZ to be removed for a long time, stating the campiness and lack of battles as a reason.

The map location has changed 3 times since.

Lol

whatever man. I would swear at you but I'm too fucking tired.

Almost 4 years ago i found a forum for a game i liked and started paying attention to it. I started getting involved pretty quickly and quickly became known and trusted (well at least steel probably did). During the first year i spent most of the time being called a WG apologist for defending it against the tin foil hat brigade and general deniers. Then i moved to a different server with a smaller community. We were tight knit, had good relationships with pretty much everyone on the server, even the mods, and whenever anything came up i actively tried to placate the situation regardless of the parties involved. I often was the one defending mick for instance, and played a part in getting both sides on the same page there. Essentially one of the community mediators. Over time my contributions varied from CW meta, CW development, relating game experience, helping new players, pretty much doing whatever positive i could, but also being pretty damn critical of WG at times. My criticism however was always honest. I called a spade a fucking spade. Nor did i hold back when WG tried to cover things up. Through all of that I also managed to somehow lead a clan of some of the best gents i've known for almost 1000 days, play a shedload of battles from pubs to stronks to historical things, soccer, races to tournies, CW and campaigns. You name it. I loved this game. I loved the forum. Oh yeah, and i ate dinner at my PC a fucking shit load of times too. And you know what? All that is pretty much lost now. You know why? Because a bunch of fuckwits over at WG have their head so far up their arses that they have actively started trying to kill off the very community that made the SEA server what it was.

So neokai, spare me your sob story. You signed up for that shit. Do it and shut up about it. Or don't do it. Honestly, if you think a fair few of us give a shit how much time and effort you put into it, consider the time and effort we put into WoT and the SEA server, then have a whinge.

Noted Ezz, you have my sympathies and I appreciate you didn't participate at all (at least, I hope so).

Personally I feel it's better to withdraw in protest than to troll shit - that's like a fucking terrorist mindset. "We can't win, let's go out with a bang ayylmao", seriously it's lame. If WG wants to ruin their game, it's their prerogative. You've all made your points, a lot of times, and if you perceive WG wants to be a stat-denier, take the moral high road and just go "alright have it your way I go sayonara". That's it, easy.

Storm, doing project management in sunny Singapore does that to people (fucking piss poor labour laws in sg). And I will PM you about your warning - it's not a perma and I'm not in the business of publicly airing dirty laundry.

Sometimes i wonder just how much power the local branch of WG has over the campaigns, NA and SEA both suffered some pretty piss poor TZs that didn't make any sense.

@CarbonWard: My understanding is that before CW2.0 all CW stuff comes from Minsk with only certain (minor) details left to each regional office. Case in point: when ASIA had to rectify the IS5 win2pay reward from 1500 players to 1600 players, they had to make a formal request to Minsk side to make the change (with an eta of 1-2 weeks).

The chief selling point of CW2.0 was the greater latitude it afforded regional HQs to tweak rules. How much I don't know, as I was never that active on the CW meta discussions.

Edit: I understand CW2.0 is a sore point among the vet forumers, just take it I was just bringing it up as a discussion point and leave it at that.

Edited by neokai

Personally I feel it's better to withdraw in protest than to troll shit - that's like a fucking terrorist mindset. "We can't win, let's go out with a bang ayylmao", seriously it's lame. If WG wants to ruin their game, it's their prerogative. You've all made your points, a lot of times, and if you perceive WG wants to be a stat-denier, take the moral high road and just go "alright have it your way I go sayonara". That's it, easy.

Well you don't see everyone doing that approach, I'm still gonna say you could spare yourself the frustration. :kitty:

You and the other mods have done nothing but feed this to the point we saw today. Stop acting like your all innocent players who didn't ask to be mods and tow Tans methods. You want the position now deal with the consequences. Hell I would of liked it if you swore at me, would least show your partially human and not some tan blind follower. 

Since I have not received a formal reasoning as to my RO I'll be escalating it as soon as I'm sitting at a computer. 

Edited by Nutkase