Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

4 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

It's more like you've grabbed a handful of overused left-wing myths and relabeled them "how it is".

With WMDs in Iraq.

" Quick 5 minute search says chemical weapons were found. Exactly where they were said by iraq. Because it wasn't hidden, as was stated by bush government. (As in they said it was hidden) So both parties are wrong. But the real problem is the government's deception, lack of transparency regarding a war and failure in justice. "

Al Qaeda

Simple search of Osama Bin Laden........

Dissolution of USSR, As above. (previous page/post)

1 minute ago, Ezz said:

News just in, barbarians won the war against rome. Barbarians, fk yeah!

I would hate to say you are wrong but don't forget the Eastern Roman Empire held out for another 1,000 years (as a merican puppet state). 

The Muslims got them in the end.. 

3 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

You do understand Vietnam was part of the Cold War, right?

America went into Vietnam with the intention of defeating the Communist North Vietnamese government, so, given that the NVA rolled into Saigon barely two years after the American withdrawal, I think it's safe to say that the USA definitely lost the Vietnam War.

This is pretty basic high school textbook material, not sure why it has to be spelled out to you.

Things I have found from Googling during my Lunch Hour:

Coldwar was not a 'War' but a period of tension. Its like saying the Medival age or the Renascence it was a period of history. It was a period where multiple wars were held, but divided by years in some cases. 

Russia and USA were not once during that period officially at war. Russia was busy taking on the Balkans (might be slightly wrong there) and Afganistan and USA was busy with Korea (another Draw) and Vietam (which they lost), (they also lost in Cuba). There was plenty of sabre rattling and such, and very close calls, but never officially (according to the records I can find) Russia and USA were never at war. 

Russia and USA signed a treaty to bring peace to the region. There was no surrender or declaration of victory. A year later Russia and USA were against Iraq (do not read as fighting) in 1990. 

Also it seems from this thread that if you call American: Fat, Lazy and Ignorant, they lose their shit and all ability to string an argument together.

13 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

It's more like you've grabbed a handful of overused left-wing myths and relabeled them "how it is".

You do understand Vietnam was part of the Cold War, right?

Also, the business about Vietnam soldiers being spit on is also largely a myth.  That crap happened to a relative handful of people; most of the veterans whose memoirs I have read said nothing of the sort happened to them.  The myth has been embedded in our psyche because of First Blood.

It actually did happen. I had an old professor that took part in those groups. He regrets ever doing it.

The Vietnam war occurred as a result of the cold war between the USSR, and the US. Saying America won the war after 20+ years of them pulling out of Vietnam is horrifying.

The only reason America went into Vietnam was to aid in what was at that time South Vietnam to create a democratic nation within Vietnam. That clearly didn't because to this DAY Vietnam is a communist state. So how did America win the Vietnam war if the Objective of them going in wasn't achieved.

EDIT: DAMNIT STORM!!!

Edited by rojo180
STORM NINJAED ME!!!
1 minute ago, Storm said:

America went into Vietnam with the intention of defeating the Communist North Vietnamese government, so, given that the NVA rolled into Saigon barely two years after the American withdrawal, I think it's safe to say that the USA definitely lost the Vietnam War.

This is pretty basic high school textbook material, not sure why it has to be spelled out to you.

Best Korea Textbook...?

2 minutes ago, Damo32(DC1121) said:

Yay for cable fix!

( it is fixed right?)

apparently. Been watching the highway cricket so haven't tried it.

If that fker isn't fixed i'm gonna get in my truck with rifle racks mildly amusing bumper sticker and a big fk off bullbar and go run over some innocent kittens dressed as japanese anime chicks.

Just now, MagicalFlyingFox said:

With WMDs in Iraq.

" Quick 5 minute search says chemical weapons were found. Exactly where they were said by iraq. Because it wasn't hidden, as was stated by bush government. (As in they said it was hidden) So both parties are wrong. But the real problem is the government's deception, lack of transparency regarding a war and failure in justice. "

Al Qaeda

Simple search of Osama Bin Laden........

Dissolution of USSR, As above.

As I said, recycled left-wing myth.

1. You'll note my initial objection about the WMD bit wasn't that you said there weren't WMDs in Iraq, it's that you said that the government lied and said there were.  That isn't what happened at all, and I watched that particular debate very closely.  It was debated, there was evidence that there were WMDs, and in the end, Saddam had entirely broken his treaty obligations by kicking out WMD inspectors.  The part that is leftist myth is when you boil all this down to the implication that the Dubyaministration simply made the whole thing up, which is a paranoid absurdity, which is why I asked you if you wanted to discuss jet fuel not burning hot enough to melt steel.
  2. The CIA did not fund either bin Laden or Al Qaeda.  They funded the local Afghan mujahideen, not the so-called Arab mujhideen, which was composed of foreign Arabs who went to Afghanistan to fight a holy war against the Soviets.  Entirely different people.
  3. I explained above about the dissolution of the Cold War, and it's simply anti-Americanism that has driven the left-wing effort to claim it was inevitable.  The left opposed the Cold War in the first place, and once the Soviet Union dissolved, the left had to salvage what dignity they could by denying the Cold War had anything to do with the fall of the Soviet Union in the first place.

Anything else you wanna lob slow and straight over the plate* for me?

* That's a baseball metaphor, cuz Murica.

1 minute ago, Ezz said:

If that fker isn't fixed i'm gonna get in my truck with rifle racks and a big fk off bullbar and go run over some innocent kittens dressed as japanese anime chicks.

I just play other games... 

Don't mention rifles please.......

2 minutes ago, Fire70 said:

Don't mention rifles please.......

Ok, could edit to 'bumper sticker saying 'i'm not a veggie, i'm just off my chops'... better?

1 minute ago, Ezz said:

Ok, could edit to 'bumper sticker saying 'i'm not a veggie, i'm just off my chops'... better?

Quickly FFS... Runnnnnnnnnnnnnn

4 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:
  1. The CIA did not fund either bin Laden or Al Qaeda.  They funded the local Afghan mujahideen, not the so-called Arab mujhideen, which was composed of foreign Arabs who went to Afghanistan to fight a holy war against the Soviets.  Entirely different people.

Entirely different people who were integrated in the same units, because that was Maktab al-Khidamat policy.

27 minutes ago, mttspiii said:

Neoconservative trolls best trolls.

Also, Florb, you seem mighty proud of a 'war' that ended 25 years ago with barely any casualties (not including the proxies of course). What's so special about a 40-year flexing contest against Russia?

I'm as proud as opposed the Soviets as I am proud we opposed the Nazis, Fascists and Imperial Japan.  I despise totalitarianism in whatever flavor.  The left has a long and rich history of apologizing for the Soviets, of course - go look up Walter Duranty and the Holodomor sometime - and they opposed the Cold War right from the get-go.  As I said, once the Soviets fell they had to pretend the Cold War they opposed didn't have anything to do with the Soviet Union falling anyway.

And yes, contra Putin, the fall of the Soviet Union was a damned good thing.

9 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

As I said, recycled left-wing myth.

1. You'll note my initial objection about the WMD bit wasn't that you said there weren't WMDs in Iraq, it's that you said that the government lied and said there were.  That isn't what happened at all, and I watched that particular debate very closely.  It was debated, there was evidence that there were WMDs, and in the end, Saddam had entirely broken his treaty obligations by kicking out WMD inspectors.  The part that is leftist myth is when you boil all this down to the implication that the Dubyaministration simply made the whole thing up, which is a paranoid absurdity, which is why I asked you if you wanted to discuss jet fuel not burning hot enough to melt steel.
  2. The CIA did not fund either bin Laden or Al Qaeda.  They funded the local Afghan mujahideen, not the so-called Arab mujhideen, which was composed of foreign Arabs who went to Afghanistan to fight a holy war against the Soviets.  Entirely different people.
  3. I explained above about the dissolution of the Cold War, and it's simply anti-Americanism that has driven the left-wing effort to claim it was inevitable.  The left opposed the Cold War in the first place, and once the Soviet Union dissolved, the left had to salvage what dignity they could by denying the Cold War had anything to do with the fall of the Soviet Union in the first place.

Anything else you wanna lob slow and straight over the plate* for me?

* That's a baseball metaphor, cuz Murica.

In your word you said that America won the Vietnam War by winning the Cold War. How does that work? The American government left the South Vietnam government to it's own devices that ended with Vietnam as communist state. 

3 minutes ago, ShadowMK said:

In your word you said that America won the Vietnam War by winning the Cold War. How does that work? The American government left the South Vietnam government to it's own devices that ended with Vietnam as communist state. 

I'm not exactly sure anybody exactly said we won Vietnam, we said Vietnam was part of a larger struggle which we won...which is undeniably correct.

Interesting to see the neocons (well one) trying to justify stuff in a moderately sensible manner. Seem to be a bit of lost the battle, lost the war but won the ideological war?

Much better than the ridiculousness of the current political debate in the US anyway.

5 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I'm not exactly sure anybody exactly said we won Vietnam, we said Vietnam was part of a larger struggle which we won...which is undeniably correct.

I suspect the issue people will have is that the cold war is a somewhat amorphous concept.

(damn, fkn ninja'd by otto... oh well fk it, i'm fabled so fk youse all)

Garbad is lyf, Garbad is the future.

Fuck communism breh, USA all the way! USA USA USA!

On a serious note. Gonna miss him.