Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

4 minutes ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

If you'd been in the CW game I was in the other night against a certain clan; where almost every shot someone took was either a track or an ammo rack you might sing a different tune.

We were playing CW against VN-F the other night, 3 tanks got their fuel tanks hit, 1 tank got set on fire via fuel tank twice (poor malpaso) hehe

Yeah.  Try a peaking battle on the top of Malinovka against some clans and see how the hit percentages of their green players are vs your blue players...

Although sometimes you think your modules have taken a beating but when you check the enemies have as well when you know full well nobody on your side is running anything dodgy.  Tier 6es in particular.

1 hour ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

If you'd been in the CW game I was in the other night against a certain clan; where almost every shot someone took was either a track or an ammo rack you might sing a different tune.

All Luck™

Victory! Lakeville Comet Experience received:2,555   ( x2)    26,723    Battle achievements 2 Marks of Excellence

HUZZAH! My first vehicle with more than one MoE. Maybe I should play more. 1000 base XP too.

1 hour ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

I wish I can say either way, but my 54 lwt gets hit in fuel tank every game i'm in, so....  As I said, i'm no expert on detecting highly improbable aim-accuracies, but module damage is pretty common for me (both what I receive and what I dish out, I easily do 5-7 a game, either CW or randoms).

1 hour ago, Siggy said:

Yeah.  Try a peaking battle on the top of Malinovka against some clans and see how the hit percentages of their green players are vs your blue players...

Although sometimes you think your modules have taken a beating but when you check the enemies have as well when you know full well nobody on your side is running anything dodgy.  Tier 6es in particular.

Yeah, that. My one time I was fairly sure the other person was using an aim assist was my ace game in the superP. Poking on CDC, CDC nails my cupola 7 times in a row. Even then, I'm not completely sure since it was almost knife fighting distance.

1 minute ago, Politx_Killer said:

All Luck™

That avatar face... +1'd XD

5 minutes ago, FeeTFooD said:

Victory! Lakeville Comet Experience received:2,555   ( x2)    26,723    Battle achievements 2 Marks of Excellence

HUZZAH! My first vehicle with more than one MoE. Maybe I should play more. 1000 base XP too.

Someday I need you to teach me the way of the Comet. I potato hard in that POS.

3 hours ago, cactus351 said:

watched one guy ammo rack three people in a row the other night.

Nothing to see here! V aim best aim!

I've done that though? Am I an aimbot?!?

19 hours ago, JOC469 said:

I'll look after it for you.

I just logged into the website for the first time in like, forever, and what do you know, you can now change almost everything related to your account. Check your PM's.

10 hours ago, FeeTFooD said:

Correction: What the fuck did I just read? And English is his first language as well!

Need mentoring to somehow improve more. (I have delusions of becoming purple before hitting the 16k game mark)

Gotten to the point where I'm better than just about all of my friends (who aren't Val_).

TS would be appreciated for real time advice :D

Reading the FV4202 stats from GM3D it doesn't seem too terribad. Exactly what is everybody complaining about?

• Hull armour is OK at best, but turret should at least bounce the 175mm pen Soviet guns reasonably reliably.
  • Power/weight and top speed is bad but terrain resistance is good.
  • Gun is pretty good for the tier but lacks both alpha and DPM.

It's a medium -> long range hull down hill sniper. I would say it's a bit better overall than the Panther II except in a straight slugging match (or ramming).

2 hours ago, Otto-matic Reiffel said:

Reading the FV4202 stats from GM3D it doesn't seem too terribad. Exactly what is everybody complaining about?

• Hull armour is OK at best, but turret should at least bounce the 175mm pen Soviet guns reasonably reliably.
  • Power/weight and top speed is bad but terrain resistance is good.
  • Gun is pretty good for the tier but lacks both alpha and DPM.

It's a medium -> long range hull down hill sniper. I would say it's a bit better overall than the Panther II except in a straight slugging match (or ramming).

I didn't really expect it to have good hull armor. But if you're going to give it bad hull armor, give it at least Pershing levels of mobility.

It doesnt even have a mantlet. Not to mention that the turret roof is pretty much an auto pen, only 120mm thick at most. If you aim for the lower plate, heck, even a Covenanter can pen this thing, and that's saying something.

They should:

a. buff the hull to at least 70mm so it doesnt get x3 overmatched by 155mm guns.

b. buff the aim time to at least 2.4 secs.

c. buff the top speed to at least 40.

or...

buff the hull to 100mm

retain the 35mm top speed and bad aim time.

buff the turret roof to same thickness as old FV4202. buff turret cheeks a bit more.

19 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

I didn't really expect it to have good hull armor. But if you're going to give it bad hull armor, give it at least Pershing levels of mobility.

It doesnt even have a mantlet. Not to mention that the turret roof is pretty much an auto pen, only 120mm thick at most. If you aim for the lower plate, heck, even a Covenanter can pen this thing, and that's saying something.

They should:

a. buff the hull to at least 70mm so it doesnt get x3 overmatched by 155mm guns.

or...

buff the hull to 100mm

buff the turret roof to same thickness as old FV4202. buff turret cheeks a bit more.

• Buff the HP/T ratio to roughly the same as the Centurion I
  • Keep the armour as it is (historical thickness and angles)
  • Buff the RoF and gun handling to Centurion I levels. 

It'll be smaller but softer than the Centurion with similar gun handling characteristics, but need to rely on clever angling a lot more.

1 hour ago, Serene_Potato said:

They should:

or...

buff the hull to 100mm

a. Are there many 155mm guns in the game? T30 is the only one I can think of in which case 70mm won't matter either. The common Soviet 152mm doesn't quite x3 overmatch the 50.8 mm of armour. I'm sure they did that on purpose. It's 149mm effective frontally which isn't terrible.

Not having a mantlet isn't the end of the world, even if that is the weakest point at 125mm effect. Everything just around it is 200mm+ effective. Turret front roof is stronger than the hull at 60mm 67° for 154mm effective. 27mm rear roof is terrible just like every tank. If you're peeking over a hill the turret front roof should be nearly auto-bounce.

For mobility everyone's still overlooking the extremely good terrain resistance (better than most/all light tanks) it has. 0.6/0.7/1.2 vs Pershing 1.1/1.3/2.1 vs Centurion I 1.0/1.1/1.9. Not sure of the exact formula that that likely makes up for the lower Power/Weight. Probably notice on uphills but that's it. Speed limit should probably be 40 like the Centurion.

It's not the greatest tank ever, it's middle of the road. Exactly where it should be for a premium. Remember they dropped it from tier 10 because the actual IRL armour was much thinner than they thought. It fits tier 8 reasonably well.

Depends, does it get +`1 or +2 MM? Because there are a few more 155mm + guns mounted on the tier X TDs. At tier 9 though its just the Doom Turtle and the T30

1 minute ago, karl0ssus1 said:

Depends, does it get +`1 or +2 MM? Because there are a few more 155mm + guns mounted on the tier X TDs. At tier 9 though its just the Doom Turtle and the T30

My understanding is that it will receive full MM.

The biggest issue is probably speed, 35kmh just doesn't allow you to get into position quick enough. It really is a Centurion-lite.