Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

Skitz I usually try to help the community and try to be constructive, unless I'm responding to someone being an absolute asshat. Neg me if you want, I can wear it.

You obviously can't see when someone is winding you up!

If I was gonna neg rep you I would, so just chill.

You obviously can't see when someone is winding you up!

If I was gonna neg rep you I would, so just chill.

I didn't read your post properly, skim read while waiting for a movie. Re-read when I got home, felt stupid.

Didn't expect you to be nice to me. Sorry. My point is that I'm yellow going onto orange. A blue stat player should have owned me 1 on 1 in the same tanks

Didn't expect you to be nice to me. Sorry. My point is that I'm yellow going onto orange. A blue stat player should have owned me 1 on 1 in the same tanks

I'm only a jerk to people who deserve it.

I know I'm not good at the game. I know many people are very good at the game. But you have to be aware that some people manipulate their game to get better stats than what their skill level is.

I really only came to this forum for the rocket brain surgeon articles. Then I got caught up in the dramas is this thread.

You're making the mistake that 1v1 is an essential skill in order to reach that level of performance. If you read most of the better players comments, you'll see that they actually put a lot of thought into trying to avoid that sort of situation. Why 1 v 1 when you can 3 v 1? How many battles do you normally end up in a pure 1v1 situation?

Now that the retards have discovered this forum,

It is bad.

Oops, my bad.

As chunky said, there's more to tanking than 1v1. There's positioning, minimap reading, flanking, and all other skills which would mesh individual 1v1 skirmishes to 2+v1 skirmishes to the benefit of those who know more about tanking than 1v1.

I don't think you understand what "56%" or statistics in general mean or denote. You are yet to prove how anecdote trumps statistics as basis (or evidence) for viewpoints amongst people who take the whole concept of being "rational" seriously.

A blue player should for the most part, beat a yellow or orange player in 1v1 situations in the same tank most times, (hence why they are "blue) but being blue does not mean they are immune to being outplayed by an orange player. Being [insert color on xvm] does not mean that 10/10 times a [insert XVM color A] will win vs [insert xvm color B], nor does it confer upon the "better colorscheme" any magical powers.

I's the generally ACCEPTED conclusion that for the most part, the "better" XVM colorscheme  will prevail, but it's not an absolute judgement saying that the worse one can never prevail. 

Do you know why a person is a 56%er in a certain tank versus say, a 50%er in a tank? It means because in those critical 6% of games, him and his controlled variables (platoonmates, battle timing)are performing better (and are able to sway battle outcomes therefore)than the controlled variables of the 50%er. The only way to "pad" specific tank winrate in pub matches is to have a good platoon composition that supports you, being on comms and knowing how to handle matchmaking and queues.

That's it. If a person is being carried to victories by platoonmates - IT SHOWS in his/her stats (i.e efficiency, WN7/8) etc. 

I'm blue, I suck at 1 vs 1. The whole idea of WoT random matches is your skill at avoiding fights that are not in your advantage due to your positioning, and use of the camo mechanics in a 15 vs 15 environment.

If you ever get in a one vs one, that means your team failed beyond belief, or, more likely, that you made a huge mistake somewhere down the line.

If you ever get in a one vs one, that means your team failed beyond belief, or, more likely, that you made a huge mistake somewhere down the line.

Huh, isn't this a rather broad statement given the varied game dynamics, endless scenarios and outcomes? So a light scout tank chancing upon another enemy light scout tank and going one on one with each other at the onset of the match is whose mistake?