Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

1 hour ago, Armatus said:

Am I just unlucky or am I totally shit at TD's?

Bought the JPanther II, have like 20 odd games with fucking 900+ DPG. Also played 20 odd games in SH with it, and was doing 1.5-2k every game. Granted, I still only have the 105mm but what the fuck?

I got pubbies penning me in the mantlet almost every game and I'm not sure if they're shooting there when I'm hulldown because they know it's a weakspot or they're shooting just to hit something.

I have the JP2 bought and fully-upgraded but didn't play it at all after that.

The ENTIRE problem with the HD model (and the old model, somewhat) is that you can play perfectly - i.e. hulldown, but when you're hulldown and showing only your extremely angled superstructure, even shitters who have no idea that your superstructure is extremely angled and/or that you have a weakspot at your gun area will aim - guess where - at the middle of your visible superstructure, fire and hit - guess where - right where your weakspot is. As Mttspiii said, their autoaim-firing will also produce this exact same effect.

Basically, both shitters and good players lolpen you all the time even when you're perfectly hulldown.

I'm doing my TD missions with either Borsig or ISU. Fuck the JP2.

(addendum: The old JP2 had some random places in the mantlet where you could be penned, if the enemy shell hit the correct pixel. However, it didn't have the huge weakspot underneath the gun now. Before, it was troll - just a RNG roll of whether enemy shells hit the weakspot pixels... now it's just lol.)

@neokai

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2646739#pilsen-westybig-caernarvon

nothing to special but it does what i believ the caern does well in tier 8 bullying the shit out of lower tiers, a lot of early morning pubbie syndrome helped me win this one and lol at arty at the end.

had i backed off 5 seconds later at the start i probly wouldve died with 1k dmg

10 hours ago, sundanceHelix said:

I have the JP2 bought and fully-upgraded but didn't play it at all after that.

The ENTIRE problem with the HD model (and the old model, somewhat) is that you can play perfectly - i.e. hulldown, but when you're hulldown and showing only your extremely angled superstructure, even shitters who have no idea that your superstructure is extremely angled and/or that you have a weakspot at your gun area will aim - guess where - at the middle of your visible superstructure, fire and hit - guess where - right where your weakspot is. As Mttspiii said, their autoaim-firing will also produce this exact same effect.

Basically, both shitters and good players lolpen you all the time even when you're perfectly hulldown.

I'm doing my TD missions with either Borsig or ISU. Fuck the JP2.

(addendum: The old JP2 had some random places in the mantlet where you could be penned, if the enemy shell hit the correct pixel. However, it didn't have the huge weakspot underneath the gun now. Before, it was troll - just a RNG roll of whether enemy shells hit the weakspot pixels... now it's just lol.)

Breh even with old model if you're playing it hoping to tank shots, you're doing it wrong

Westy.  Stop being a forum bulli or the BLAZE crew will rek you.

5 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

Breh even with old model if you're playing it hoping to tank shots, you're doing it wrong

Pretty much what i was thinking. I pretty much assumed i was going to be penned so played in line with that. Which doesn't mean it has no armour just that much of the stuff you'll face it is fairly meaningless.

Oh, and be sure to shoot ram shoot things a lot.

36 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Westy.  Stop being a forum bulli or the BLAZE crew will rek you.

haha i shitpoast so much there i forget where my most of my turds land, who did i offend this time?

Yes. LeFH.  For some reason a BLAZEr got offended because you called someone else a shit reroll.  Maybe it's his shit re-roll.

34 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Pretty much what i was thinking. I pretty much assumed i was going to be penned so played in line with that. Which doesn't mean it has no armour just that much of the stuff you'll face it is fairly meaningless.

Oh, and be sure to shoot ram shoot things a lot.

Friend have JP 2 and whenever he uses it and follows me I'd say "What are you doing, go to [Map grid] and cover that flank" or Lakeville case be like "stay at base and watch middle and valley" and ends up with 2-3k damage. The tank is all about speed and gun, armor is when bulli lower tier or when one really really have to use it.

On a side note, RIP recents. Am now a blue :jealous:

7 minutes ago, Ezz said:

M48 / 30b / neither?

Discuss.

My vote would go to M48, since I heard its actually did its intended role better with the buffs it get. While 30b is still stuck in the in-between of Leo 1 and Patton. But if there's still a better option, then neither.

8 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Yes. LeFH.  For some reason a BLAZEr got offended because you called someone else a shit reroll.  Maybe it's his shit re-roll.

typical i play4fun you live for this game type response, i was hoping for some "my clan is gonna rek you" or a bit of arty denial

sadly nothing to work with

So played after a few brews over the long weekend. I don't normally drink and drive when it comes to playing tanks but we have a number of successful proponents so how hard could it be I thought?

Never again. I'm clearly one step away from orange.

And a cheap drunk.

20 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Link?

11 minutes ago, Lockhart77 said:

My vote would go to M48, since I heard its actually did its intended role better with the buffs it get. While 30b is still stuck in the in-between of Leo 1 and Patton. But if there's still a better option, then neither.

I suspect i'll probably just keep credits for whichever goes on 'on track' 30% special first. Or maybe i should just fk buying more 10s - don't use them anyway - and start running food and full sprem and go for 4k recent.

14 minutes ago, JOC469 said:

Link?

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/64699-105-lefh18b2-is-too-op/page__st__20

15 minutes ago, cactus351 said:

Never again. I'm clearly one step away from orange.

And a cheap drunk.

This.  No idea how some of my clan mates do it.  I have played twice while hammered and it was a complete disaster.

Don't drink and tank.

32 minutes ago, Ezz said:

M48 / 30b / neither?

Discuss.

M48 is quite literally the best Random pubbie stomping T-10 tank in the game. SirFoch did a salty review on it yesterday, but he is wrong. AMX 30B is a tank that is a good all rounder but doesn't really do anything particularly well.

15 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I suspect i'll probably just keep credits for whichever goes on 'on track' 30% special first. Or maybe i should just fk buying more 10s - don't use them anyway - and start running food and full sprem and go for 4k recent.

You'll likely enjoy the M48 more. The 30 prot is good, the 30B is a kinda in between tank that I don't seem to be able to use. But for my money I'd suggest the 48 over the 30B any day. The 48 does more reliable damage, plays the turret up very well, and the accuracy is wonderful.

1 more thing, you think 62A is good for snapshots? Wait till you play M48, gun is almost always fully aimed even when moving or turning turret since the buff.

There is no reason to get an AMX30B in this game. I guess at least its better then the trash amx 30 but thats about it.

The patton is a guaranteed dmg dealer and just like the m46 its just a comfy tank to drive around in.

I have just grinded out the SU-100 while trying TD missions, I am going to buy the SU-152 just for the derp, question is, will I keep it once I buy a 152? 

does not seem like much of a point? need to figure crews out 

Or you know I CAN JUST FUCKING BUY THE WRONG TANK and buy back the SU-100M1 and sell it and lose 500k credits

FML................

im going downstairs to make a coffee  

Yeah, saw the foch review, and the bit that resonated was the lack of top speed on the m48.

I should probably also have mentioned i already have pretty much every other X med, so it's not like either would be drastically different to things i know. Eg i gather the main advantage the M48 has over the M60 is DPM. While the 30b has a bit better gun handling but worse DPM than the leo.

Maybe fk em both and make like a fox and grind the JT.

3 minutes ago, Saffee said:

Or you know I CAN JUST FUCKING BUY THE WRONG TANK and buy back the SU-100M1 and sell it and lose 500k credits

FML................

im going downstairs to make a coffee  

Keeping SU 100? If not for training crew, there's no reason to keep it, then again SU 100 with ghetto crew is hella bad.

SU 100M1 isn't a bad tank m9 :doge:

1 minute ago, Lockhart77 said:

SU 100M1 isn't a bad tank m9 :doge:

It is a pretty poor tank if you are planning on running a 152 tho...

My TD crew stayed in line, 100 to 152 to isu to 704 to 268... then after my second battle in the 268 they nerfed it... so now it's in a med. Also, i suspect i benefited from the VR for that line pre nerf, but fk me some of those tanks were cruel to clueless pubbies.

1 minute ago, Ezz said:

It is a pretty poor tank if you are planning on running a 152 + HEAT tho...

:doge: I'm glad pubbies often uses HE in that thing