Jump to content
Fire70

Showcase of MM is fine, Arty is balanced and the map team are gud

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

It will take years for things to change and treaties to be renegotiated. The world isn't going to change overnight.

Probably just enough time for a large number of those who voted for it to shuffle off.

The more immediate risk is the world get the devil spawn of Farage and Boris Johnson leading britain and making Trump seem like a moderate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

Some guy from my school actually committed suicide. Rip.

Harsh.

Once took care of a person who tried suicide and survived it, but was in a coma. I don't know which is worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Suicide is way shitter than explosive diarrhea to discuss. Hope everyone realises even tomato teams are worth living thru.

Suicide is way shitter than explosive diarrhea to discuss. Hope everyone realises even tomato teams are worth living thru.

Maybe life just becomes too repetitively shit to worth live for, even for just one more day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JOC469 said:

It is a long term 'solution' to a short term problem

I'd up vote, but; the problem really is that bad.

It's such a shame that young people who have yet barely even begun to live life are choosing to exit out of it, because they cant see a viable way forward.

Talk.

Everyone has a voice.

Listen, take notice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Siggy said:

L_CFDC.tmp.PNG

Yeah, but that's usually the case, I'd be surprised if the breakdown for the last general election isn't much different. Population is getting older, and older people are more likely to vote, which skews the stats somewhat. There's a pretty good explanation here: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36574526. Points 1 and 5 are, I think, pretty significant as they have a knock on effect.

7 hours ago, Siggy said:

Probably just enough time for a large number of those who voted for it to shuffle off.

The more immediate risk is the world get the devil spawn of Farage and Boris Johnson leading britain and making Trump seem like a moderate

Farage's raison d'etre just disappeared, and comparing Johnson with Trump? Come on. There's a difference between appearing a buffoon and actually being one. The guy was elected Mayor of London twice ffs.

More weirdly, based on an email I've just received it appears I've been invited to Sandbox despite not having played for 18 months...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mttspiii said:

Maybe life just becomes too repetitively shit to worth live for, even for just one more day.

sadly some people get incredibly fucked over by life RNG. sometimes all it takes is one straw to break the camels back.

i had a bloke i grew up with had his life just opening up, got into a high end uni course that was his dream and had good career prospects, then he necked himself when the missus broke up with him, being in hospital with some of the lads while he was still on life support was the worst, his ex was there the whole time crying and screaming trying to draw attention to herself while his poor fucking mom had to sit through it all. it was horrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MKW said:

More weirdly, based on an email I've just received it appears I've been invited to Sandbox despite not having played for 18 months...

Must have been those Rampage mode games your account was in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Siggy said:

Probably just enough time for a large number of those who voted for it to shuffle off.

The more immediate risk is the world get the devil spawn of Farage and Boris Johnson leading britain and making Trump seem like a moderate

Boris is nothing like Trump, if you have to draw a comparison make it with Arnie. They both turned out to be pretty competent regional governors who got reelected.

The biggest risks are that Scotland who overwhelmingly voted to stay, will decide to leave the British union and go back to the European union (who may or may not want them as they don't have much to offer), and,

More importantly, this will empower the right wing nationalists in Europe- especially FN in France.  France has elections soon and if  FN gets in power the EU is over.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Boris is nothing like Trump, if you have to draw a comparison make it with Arnie. They both turned out to be pretty competent regional governors who got reelected.

The biggest risks are that Scotland who overwhelmingly voted to stay, will decide to leave the British union and go back to the European union (who may or may not want them as they don't have much to offer), and,

More importantly, this will empower the right wing nationalists in Europe- especially FN in France.  France has elections soon and if  FN gets in power the EU is over.

 

the right wing taking hold in france is a real possibility, frances hollande will be the first president in french history to have a leadership election within his own party given his disastrous approval rating due to his immigration policies which have backfired on him immensely. not to mention the french unions at the moment are causing as much trouble as they possibly can.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Boris is nothing like Trump, if you have to draw a comparison make it with Arnie. They both turned out to be pretty competent regional governors who got reelected.

The biggest risks are that Scotland who overwhelmingly voted to stay, will decide to leave the British union and go back to the European union (who may or may not want them as they don't have much to offer), and,

More importantly, this will empower the right wing nationalists in Europe- especially FN in France.  France has elections soon and if  FN gets in power the EU is over.

Not only France. Holland and Sweden too. Lots of people are unhappy with the EU. The article http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36620426 neatly sums up some of the fundamental underlying differences between the UK and continental perspectives.

Situation with Scotland is complex. It's unlikely they would be able to "take over" the UKs old slot, as they're much smaller in all regards. Plus there's the currency issue - new entries to the EU are obliged to use the Euro, and of course it would mean a hard border between Scotland and England. Now is not the time for another referendum.

9 hours ago, westybig said:

the right wing taking hold in france is a real possibility, frances hollande will be the first president in french history to have a leadership election within his own party given his disastrous approval rating due to his immigration policies which have backfired on him immensely. not to mention the french unions at the moment are causing as much trouble as they possibly can.

France's labour market is too rigid, has been for years. It's why they're still struggling to recover from 2008. It also partly (only partly) explains why so many people want to migrate to Britain rather than the continent. Britain went through that pain with Thatcher in the 80's. France, as is their wont, ducked and weaved but ultimately didn't.

7 hours ago, FeeTFooD said:

I think I've also seen reports of North Ireland wanting to rejoin Ireland?

Catholics in Northern Ireland have wanted that ever since partition in 1922. Despite Britain having fought hard against the IRA in the 70's and 80's, mainland Britain isn't particularly interested. That said, I doubt there will be a referendum.

5 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

not-so-United Kingdom

Hey, it's worse after every general election, where >50% didn't get what they wanted. Be interesting to see how/if things have changed 3 months from now.

 

Conflict of interest statement: I am English, but not entitled to a vote through having lived abroad for too long. I'm not old enough to have voted to stay in the EEC in 1975, but I'm not 18-24 either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MKW said:

(snip)

 Lots of us can only dream of, a BN.:doge:

Interesting really watching others talking about democrats, votes, all sort of politics.
Meanwhile, as long as the Communist party don't stomp on our lands we should feel thankful for that. We are not feeling safe under this political climate :feelsbad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ForkUrEyes said:

Anyone playing Rocket League here? Why I'm so suck at it. 7 games, 1 win. :feelsbad:

Looks like you changed your profile picture :doge:

Is that you :ohnyes:

 

(Trying to figure out how to buy games on steam with molpoints, find out i can't, and i can't find any steam cards being sold so F)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Looks like you changed your profile picture :doge:

Is that you :ohnyes:

 

(Trying to figure out how to buy games on steam with molpoints, find out i can't, and i can't find any steam cards being sold so F)

 

No it's my granma.

Just use credit cards, or debit cards.

Or when you have no credit cards, or when your parent wont allow you to use their cards like me you can try to buy the steam code at this site. You can use mol points and online banking. But you have to pay some taxes.

trmflcO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...