himmelsdorf-winter--china-is-2-166744744

6 shots, 6 hits, 2 penetrations.... 146 damage.

The 122mm is the shittiest gun I have ever used... 

In this battle I manage to: get my cupola sniped from 500 meters by a Proto 28 as well as get my gun mantlet penetrated from a god awful angle by an enemy IS.

Meanwhile I manage to track a KV-13 broadside, Miss the BROADSIDE of the Proto T28 by a fraction and ricochet off some absurd side angle of the IS. Then bounce the fucking back of the T28 Proto turret (wtf is the armor there?). Then bounce the god damn asshole of the IS.

What the fuck is wrong with this shitty gun? I cannot stand troll guns. 

Counterpoint

Wherein Strana sacrifices all the virgins.

In the 200 battles to elite the tank, I think I had exactly one 4k+ damage battle.  It included at least one ammo-racked Tiger.

Wherein Strana sacrifices all the virgins.

In the 200 battles to elite the tank, I think I had exactly one 4k+ damage battle.  It included at least one ammo-racked Tiger.

Eh, I've probably got >1,000 matches with it on the various tier 6-8 tanks it gets mounted on. It may be a temperamental blunderbuss, but it's a familiar one.

The best way I can describe the play style of this tank so far is as such:

A much shittier BDR G1B

Both peek-a-boom

Both have suspect armor (my BDR armor eff. is actually higher than this tanks)

Both have alpha, though the BDR alpha of 240 seems nicer at tier 5, than 390 at tier 7

Neither tank can hull down for shit (cupolas, gun depression)

BDR has MUCH better gun soft stats (hard stats?), and higher ROF

IS2 has better mobility

Am I missing something here?

In the past I've rage sold the IS-2 twice.  I bought it back for the On Track mission going on now, cause I already have a Type 64, so free gold is nice.  This time around, I'm loving it and have been getting some awesome results.  Its not great if you find yourself in a tier 9 match, but in tier 7, and sometimes 8, I've found it to be pretty good.

I just managed to start doing so-so in it, also first 122 - decided to go for it even though everyone says 100mm is better, but it was a right call. 

I felt the same too, I'm not too sure why ppl said the first 122 is no go provided that the second 122 has only marginal stat improvement. I might need to see it with my eyes. I just unlocked the first one and in a few games my DPG jumped from shameful 800 to 1300 while everything else is still in stock.

Last night was wonderful, 3 games 2000 DPG, the highest was a 3500 dmg in a tier 8 game~~ won 7 out of 10 games after unlocked the first 122 so far. Hope the trend continues....

Just bought back 100mm gun for it, even though I got second turret and saving up for the last engine. That second 122 seemed even worse than first one, missing point blank shots, even aimed ones. Where old KV1-S could hit the target at over 300meters with practically the same gun, on this tank, you can save your money and don´t even try to shoot.

Not like I can do any more dmg with the 100mm, but I can do it consistently, without losing money and with accuracy over 75%, with the second 122mm I had 35-55% accuracy whenever I had a good game and did around 2k dmg. Turning 500 profit in a win where I was the best of the team and didn´t use 1 gold shell.

Just bought back 100mm gun for it, even though I got second turret and saving up for the last engine. That second 122 seemed even worse than first one, missing point blank shots, even aimed ones. Where old KV1-S could hit the target at over 300meters with practically the same gun, on this tank, you can save your money and don´t even try to shoot.

Not like I can do any more dmg with the 100mm, but I can do it consistently, without losing money and with accuracy over 75%, with the second 122mm I had 35-55% accuracy whenever I had a good game and did around 2k dmg. Turning 500 profit in a win where I was the best of the team and didn´t use 1 gold shell.

Stahp, you are comparing a Russian gun with a Chinese gun. Don't bother trying, because my BL-10 seems to troll me less than my Leo PTA's L7A1.

Also, maybe confirmation bias? Because I swear my L7A1 hits more often, but I don't remember the BL-10's misses due to expecting it...

That second 122 seemed even worse than first one, missing point blank shots, even aimed ones. Where old KV1-S could hit the target at over 300meters with practically the same gun, on this tank, you can save your money and don´t even try to shoot.

Bullshit, just take off your tinfoil hat already. The 2nd one is the same gun as on the russian IS and it'll derp shots just as much. If you keep missing at point blank you are either having ping issues or you should practice your aiming.

or nieah 8)

btw playing with 122 again and it just suddenly stopped trolling me so much, even pulling some snapshots - don´t understand

Yeah, the derpy gun is always quite unpredictable, trolls you in one match, hits every snapshot in another.

Seems like I got the grasp of this thing though, been having 3k+ damage matches left and right, vbaddict shows 1.9k recent avg damage and almost 3.2k WN8. Only thing that kinda hurts sometimes is the relatively low pen when I'm not top tier, but since 250pen HEAT is autopen frontally on most stuff you can meet it's not that terrible. 

Nice! My client only seems to be allowing me to play in streaks...Like 20 games in T-34-1 with 80%+ WR and 2300-2600wn8 then I gimp out in 3 or 4 games in a row and stop playing it, same goes for the IS-2 except I can manage to get 2000-2800dmg at tops and no WR worth mentioning, this goes for all my tanks... Oh boy, dat tin foil u kno

Just finished my first 50 games - included the entire stock grind and all except one game played solo:

2VRHJeV.jpg

Overall it feels like a solid tank.  As top tier it's a beast - 390 alpha smashes face, it's reasonably fast, and has enough armor to give a lot of trouble to lower tier guns.  With a lot of wiggle and movement during brawls you'll even bounce a fair number of 175+ pen guns.  In tier 7 games you can just be a big bully.

In higher tier games it starts to fall off - the armor becomes inadequate and unreliable.  However, 390 alpha and 250 pen HEAT keep you very relevant.  In those games you just have to be more cautious, try to let teammates take hits, and then smack something for 400 while they reload.

I won't be keeping it as I need the crew for other tanks and my 112 has a pretty similar play style anyways, but the grind has been pretty easy and even enjoyable.

I never did bother unlocking the upgraded turret....

I quite like it to the point I unlocked all modules .... the second turret with machine gun on top looks mighty =) Once in a T9 game I did nearly nothing, but for some reasons everyone was hitting my track with HEAT, got tracked 3 times in a row, won and survived despite I had only landed 2 pen shots

However seems not many reasons to keep it once acquired next tanks in line ?

Got the 110 unlocked, but I still play it since I can't afford the 110 yet and it's my only chinese tank for the mission.

Almost at 2k recent dpg and after 160 I'm still maintaining 66% solo WR in it, my best WR in any tank. So yeah, lots of fun and imo it challenges the T29 as the best T7 heavy.

I like this tank, I have a WR of between 53% - 55% with it thus far, by far the best of any HT I have/had :P. With my crew almost to the second skill (BiA), vents + food, the reloadtime goes down to 9.93s thusfar. Wonder how far it drops with BiA activated.

Dear WoT Labs:

Please help me, because I am hating this tank right now. I am grinding it stock (2nd engine and best radio, though) with a fresh 75% crew [the commander is at 100% with Sixth Sense and partly into repairs].

RC9DrwR.jpg

The mobility is pretty acceptable and the gun feels just like the Type 59, no complaints here.  

I can't seem to put out my own HP in damage in this thing.  The alpha doesn't scare anyone, and I generally cannot stay alive to make more than 5 shots of damage.  I go to the brawl spots, fail to bounce anything, and trade poorly.   So I go find cover and peek-a-boo, then get pen'ed and miss.  If I play farther back, I'm too slow to make the damage happen.  I can't help but feel like I'm just getting farmed in this thing.

I really want to like this tank.  I've read the advice in the thread and can't make this thing work, let alone approach dualmaster333's results.  Any help?

I was looking forward to this tank very much, but I sincerely hate it. Got it fully researched even with the second turret and wish I didn´t research it, so I´d only have like 30k grind left. It feels exactly like KV-85, except tier higher and it´s not fun at all. Probably the most despised tank in my garage. Feels like it needs at least 3 skill crew to play decently.