Valachio

WZ-111 1-4

Tank confirmed still amazeballs:

lmUerrR.png

The 1-4 is really great for winning, solo or otherwise, because you can flex and be in all the right places with that 490 alpha boomstick. Do any of the tier 10s have the same sort of playstyle? I could probably nab the 113 but consensus is that it's pretty bad in comparison.

The 1-4 is really great for winning, solo or otherwise, because you can flex and be in all the right places with that 490 alpha boomstick. Do any of the tier 10s have the same sort of playstyle? I could probably nab the 113 but consensus is that it's pretty bad in comparison.

The problem being that 490 on a 9 isn't the same as 490 on a 10. I've not played all the 10s of course, but the IS-7 is somewhat close. Of course its slower (straight line, and turning) has better armor, worse fire control, and a worse premium round. Its not much like the 1-4 really,but its also better at pushing. I miss the speed though. I don't think there is a 10 heavy with the same flexibility as the 1-4. E-50M might be the closest in terms of blend of hardness and speed/flexibility. Significantly less hard hitting gun though. 113 lacks the frontal mounted turret, which is part of what makes the 1-4 work. 

Indeed. It's too bad there's no T10 equivalent of the 111 1-4 - you'd need a heavy with either the JT's 128 or the Object 263's 130 to have the same firepower, and then you'd need to throw on the 113/121's mobility/turret and the 215b/50B's frontal armor to get similar chassis performance. Unfortunately what we have is a bunch of superheavies, generalists, and autoloaders. Not much in the way of heaviums/flex heavies.

Indeed. It's too bad there's no T10 equivalent of the 111 1-4 - you'd need a heavy with either the JT's 128 or the Object 263's 130 to have the same firepower, and then you'd need to throw on the 113/121's mobility/turret and the 215b/50B's frontal armor to get similar chassis performance. Unfortunately what we have is a bunch of superheavies, generalists, and autoloaders. Not much in the way of heaviums/flex heavies.

Completely agree there is a niche there for a tank like that, one that wouldn't be OP. Heaven forbid WG release an interesting non-gimmick tank. 

It's a shame that there isn't a tier 10 analog somewhere between the IS-7 and 113. The E50M is a bit underwhelming to me because its turret is so weak and it lacks that alpha punch. To be quite honest, I think I perform better with the 1-4 in tier 10 matches than I do with the E50M. Thanks for the tips, though. I may end up working my way up the IS-7 tree after I grab the E5 and Leo.

Well it looks like I'll be getting a 112 from the Twilight of the Gods thing, so I may use it as an incentive to start a China heavy crew and move up this line.  This 111 1-4 looks to be the most interesting of the bunch - an IS-7 gun on a more mobile platform and at tier 9.  Sound pretty good to me.  I've never been overly impressed with the IS-7's armor so losing some of that on the WZ doesn't bother me too much.

The 110 isn't half bad either. 

True, I had forgotten about the 110. Which I did great in, and prob still have in my garage sans crew...better armor than the IS-3 now.

Im glad I played this line at release - it was probably one of the best lines in the game. Still is good, but I'm sure some of you guys remember 300 pen HEAT on the IS-2/T-34-2. No one knew how the 110 or 111's armor worked either. Going up the line with Ziddy gave me some of the most fun I've ever had.

Ah well, enough nostalgia. If you're reading this and have never played the chinese heavies, play the chinese heavies. They are one of the best options for a 3rd of 4th tank line.

I'm not saying the WZ-111 1-4 is a great tank, but its my go-to 9. Especially on-track, it earns very well. Can I get 3k dpg average in it like Valachio? Nope, but I am getting 2700-2800 average which is on par with my T110E5 and IS-7. It really cleans up in BT9 battles. The speed is nice, and everything from Valachio's review is spot on. I put half price gold camo on it last weekend because I like it enough to keep it...and where else am I gonna put a Chinese crew? It or the 110 are prob the best Chinese tanks overall. Even though the IS-7 is much much tougher, I like the gun on the 1-4 better, it aims down quicker and is easier to get hull down because of the very forward placement. Not as tough once there, but more comfort. Hail the boomstick! RIP WG design for not making the 113 the same tank but with 140 on the front, better ground resistance/turning and the same gun with slightly improved RoF/handling. 

Well, the WZ-111 model 1-4 is now my favorite tank in the game.

Why?

gDQk9GQ.gif

Seriously, the medium-level speed combined with that 490 alpha boomstick and workable frontal armor makes the 1-4 a Zergrusher's wet dream. I get giddy every time an opportunity opens up for me to push right past somebody at full speed while simultaneously nailing them with a kill shot. Whenever I get such a chance, I'm probably mouthing the words in the spoiler above.

I've unlocked the 113 and might drop a crew into it to try to have something of a tier 10 analog, but I know it's a poor man's substitute.

I camo painted my WZ-111 1-4 with no intent of buying the 113. Its a decent go-to 9, like the T-54. Running it with Jack of All Trades on the commander and food has really helped make it turn and aim like a boss. The 130mm kicks. -4 dep on the frontal turret works. And it earns nicely. 

edit: fyi the WZ-111 1-4 is one of my worst WN8 tanks, I just need to put that in writing before someone shitlord in some match accuses me of padding in it. 

Padding in an 111 1-4? Tank is like the most balanced tank you can find in high tier games :D

As you well know, haters will accuse you of padding in any tank you drive, so I just like to leave a persistent record, so when I accumulate like 500 games on the WZ-111 1-4 (because its fun/profitable/fast) I can be in the clear. I researched the 113 last Sat!

Reading this has given me hope.

I liked the 110 so it kept my two skill Chinese heavy crew.  The WZ-111 got a brand new, cheap ass, 75% crew with no skills.

I have reduced WOT spending drastically so gold is precious and I have ground the tracks and turret the hard way, with only the 110's 320 alpha top gun.  I'm just starting the grind for the 130.  My crew is at 99%-ish now so I am looking forward to some repair skills coming on line.  Track repair is currently endless after the repair kit is burned.

The WZ-111 might be the worst grind from stock I have ever punished myself and my teammates with!  I only say might because I have a terrible memory. 

Reading this has given me hope.

I liked the 110 so it kept my two skill Chinese heavy crew.  The WZ-111 got a brand new, cheap ass, 75% crew with no skills.

I have reduced WOT spending drastically so gold is precious and I have ground the tracks and turret the hard way, with only the 110's 320 alpha top gun.  I'm just starting the grind for the 130.  My crew is at 99%-ish now so I am looking forward to some repair skills coming on line.  Track repair is currently endless after the repair kit is burned.

The WZ-111 might be the worst grind from stock I have ever punished myself and my teammates with!  I only say might because I have a terrible memory. 

You are INSANE for grinding a crew from 75% at tier 9. You must be REALLY good to get those stats without moving your best crews up and making sure you get 6th at latest somewhere halfway through tier 9 (I do BIA first on all crews, hence I typically get 6th active somewhere during Tier 9, with a few exceptions such as my Whinemetall-Bullshit and Tiger 2 where it activated during tier 8).

As you well know, haters will accuse you of padding in any tank you drive, so I just like to leave a persistent record, so when I accumulate like 500 games on the WZ-111 1-4 (because its fun/profitable/fast) I can be in the clear. I researched the 113 last Sat!

We both have 159 games in the 1-4. Ergo, we must race to 500. It is spoken!

I'll prob have 1k E5 games before I get 500 in the WZ-111 1-4 :-D And the E-75 could take over my 9 HT spot at any time!

E-75: making other T9 HTs feel inadequate since 2011.

I'll prob have 1k E5 games before I get 500 in the WZ-111 1-4 :-D And the E-75 could take over my 9 HT spot at any time!

You're just gonna leave that glove on the ground, huh? I see how it is. :​P

I'm currently working through the M103. It ain't too bad. Hopefully I'll enjoy the E5 as much as you are.

Hmmm, maybe it's the crew? I ground the WZ-111 from stock and it was cake - something like 75% on it mostly solo before unlocking the 130. Compare to the Conq which was like 45% before getting the gun; it was just night and day. I unlocked the 62-100T first since I wanted to unlock the 113 for the gun on my WZ-120 grind; 60k to do that vs 90k to get the 130, but if you aren't working on the medium line it's probably fine to just go for the 130.

Played my first match in 1-4 yesterday.

HOLY SHIT IT MOVES ALMOST AS WELL AS MY T-54 MASTERRACE DOES!

You're just gonna leave that glove on the ground, huh? I see how it is. :​P

I'm currently working through the M103. It ain't too bad. Hopefully I'll enjoy the E5 as much as you are.

I found M103 quite great with the top 120mm (getting it before getting E5 is worth the 1/3 longer grind since you earn more XP, and if you have premium account credits are no issue).

Hmmm, maybe it's the crew? I ground the WZ-111 from stock and it was cake - something like 75% on it mostly solo before unlocking the 130. Compare to the Conq which was like 45% before getting the gun; it was just night and day. I unlocked the 62-100T first since I wanted to unlock the 113 for the gun on my WZ-120 grind; 60k to do that vs 90k to get the 130, but if you aren't working on the medium line it's probably fine to just go for the 130.

Did you not get the 100mm on the 110? If so then you deserved having to shoot all HEAT 122mm, but then again you're a landed elite so you can use it without noticing any costs.

Hmmm, maybe it's the crew? 

It does seem like my win rate in the tank has been rising as the crew matured.  I'm still only at 49% but I must have been 33% when I started.  I didn't want to look.  The crew is now 130% ish and all working dutifully on repair skills.  I think the top turret must be harder as well, maybe it was overmatch problems with the is3 turret, but the tank feels a lot tougher now if I can hide the lower plate.  I'm starting to warm up to the tank a little.