Valachio

WZ-111 1-4

The old Bias-4 was still around until the spring of 2012, though.

Indeed, and that was the last time the E-75 had real competition for its position. Of course back then the third tier 9 was the poor, misunderstood T34...

Verdict for this tank in 2016? I can't seem to make it work fully, pulling 2.500 damages often, but loses out too much hp at times.

22 minutes ago, Lockhart77 said:

Verdict for this tank in 2016? I can't seem to make it work fully, pulling 2.500 damages often, but loses out too much hp at times.

Still solid?

Often my go to 9. Tied with the heavily buffed T-10 for most versatile 9. Shitstomps when top tier, can hang and hurt the 10s in BT10&11. I have a replay from a few weeks back where Rexxie is playing the godawful type 4, we go 9 line on steppes and run into a triple IS7 platoon. I hulldown and heated that platoon into the ground with rexxie's support. Great tank, probably the best in the whole solid line.

28 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Often my go to 9. Tied with the heavily buffed T-10 for most versatile 9. Shitstomps when top tier, can hang and hurt the 10s in BT10&11. I have a replay from a few weeks back where Rexxie is playing the godawful type 4, we go 9 line on steppes and run into a triple IS7 platoon. I hulldown and heated that platoon into the ground with rexxie's support. Great tank, probably the best in the whole solid line.

Can I haz replay pl0x, I can't seem to nail the tank finer playstyle. Often exposing LFP without me realizing it.

5 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

Can I haz replay pl0x, I can't seem to nail the tank finer playstyle. Often exposing LFP without me realizing it.

I'll try to post it on Monday when I get to the PC. In the meantime Marine kindly made a YouTube video of a solid WZ game, can be found in my replays thread. Learning how to be hulldown in -5 degrees RU turrets is a core skill in this game, worth your time investment.

Edit: don't settle for me when you can watch the best 

You also don't need to cover your ufp when doing -5 degree hulldown, unlike the RU meds; allowing for more hull down positions.

On 8.5.2016 at 10:47 AM, CraBeatOff said:

I'll try to post it on Monday when I get to the PC. In the meantime Marine kindly made a YouTube video of a solid WZ game, can be found in my replays thread. Learning how to be hulldown in -5 degrees RU turrets is a core skill in this game, worth your time investment.

Edit: don't settle for me when you can watch the best

Just wanted to say thanks. Am currently grinding through the tank to get the 113 and am having a really hard time getting it to work. 39% WR at this moment (with roundabout 20 battles played it's too early to do a final verdict, but I can see a trend, when a trend happens), tank is completely upgraded except for the 130mm gun. Speed is there, armor is decent enough, the 100mm is sub-par on this tier (facing tens just way too often), but should still be good enough. But it just doesn't work for some reason and I don't get why. I hope watching your linked playing will change that.

On 5/21/2016 at 4:51 PM, Madner Kami said:

Just wanted to say thanks. Am currently grinding through the tank to get the 113 and am having a really hard time getting it to work. 39% WR at this moment (with roundabout 20 battles played it's too early to do a final verdict, but I can see a trend, when a trend happens), tank is completely upgraded except for the 130mm gun. Speed is there, armor is decent enough, the 100mm is sub-par on this tier (facing tens just way too often), but should still be good enough. But it just doesn't work for some reason and I don't get why. I hope watching your linked playing will change that.

Gun makes a huge difference. I hated the 100mm on pretty much all the Chinese tanks that equip it. I re-bought the WZ to put my next girl crew in (only have one so far, rip) and I am struggling, but three of the crew is only at 79%.

16 minutes ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

Gun makes a huge difference. I hated the 100mm on pretty much all the Chinese tanks that equip it. I re-bought the WZ to put my next girl crew in (only have one so far, rip) and I am struggling, but three of the crew is only at 79%.

Probably, but I find that pretty wierd. Thanks to going along the british line mostly first, I am used to having (relative to tier) low calibers. I grinded through the Tiger II using the 88/L71 over the 105mm and still enjoy the E75 with the 105mm gun, finding the 128mm gun useless. The 110's version of the 100mm, I prefer over a 122mm option, precisely because it is more flexible and accurate than the 122mm of (closest comparable tank) the IS3. It just baffles me, that I can't get this tank to work in this configuration.

2 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Probably, but I find that pretty wierd. Thanks to going along the british line mostly first, I am used to having (relative to tier) low calibers. I grinded through the Tiger II using the 88/L71 over the 105mm and still enjoy the E75 with the 105mm gun, finding the 128mm gun useless. The 110's version of the 100mm, I prefer over a 122mm option, precisely because it is more flexible and accurate than the 122mm of (closest comparable tank) the IS3. It just baffles me, that I can't get this tank to work in this configuration.

Yeah idk, on paper the 100mm should be fine, but in practice it left me baffled on the meds and the 110. I free xp'd the 130mm on the 1-4 because I knew by that point the 100mm wasn't for me.

4 minutes ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

Yeah idk, on paper the 100mm should be fine, but in practice it left me baffled on the meds and the 110. I free xp'd the 130mm on the 1-4 because I knew by that point the 100mm wasn't for me.

Am thinking about doing just that, but sinking ~2.5k gold in that is kind of an unpleasent prospect.

1 minute ago, Madner Kami said:

Am thinking about doing just that, but sinking ~2.5k gold in that is kind of an unpleasent prospect.

I can't remember how much xp it was. Is it that much? It really transforms the tank.

1 minute ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

I can't remember how much xp it was. Is it that much? It really transforms the tank.

66k XP, of which I currently have about 25k available (grinded+free XP). So it's more like 1.5k gold needed by now. Still, unpleasent.

22 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

66k XP, of which I currently have about 25k available (grinded+free XP). So it's more like 1.5k gold needed by now. Still, unpleasent.

oof, yeah I don't blame you.

14 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Are you using the 2x xp boosts?

I've recently maintain 35k - 40k xp per two hour session (mainly solo) using those, while rarely making convincing plays.

2 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Are you using the 2x xp boosts?

I've recently maintain 35k - 40k xp per two hour session (mainly solo) using those, while rarely making convincing plays.

You mean personal reserves? Nope. There's little point in doing that, when I constantly end up with 1.1k DPG and stop playing the tank after 3 or 4 games. Dailies are being done, of course, as I want to get to the 113 as soon as possible.

Double-XP'd as many tanks as I can stomach to get FreeXP, converted XP for the rest. 130 bought. Average damage per shot? 443. Average damage per game so far? 300. The tank is cursed. :facepalm:

10 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

You mean personal reserves? Nope. There's little point in doing that, when I constantly end up with 1.1k DPG and stop playing the tank after 3 or 4 games. Dailies are being done, of course, as I want to get to the 113 as soon as possible.

Oh don't do that, if you run through the 1-4 without ever using the 130mm you are missing out on a really fun setup.

ETA: Oh I see you got it, give it a few matches to get used to it.

32 minutes ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

Oh don't do that, if you run through the 1-4 without ever using the 130mm you are missing out on a really fun setup.

ETA: Oh I see you got it, give it a few matches to get used to it.

Enh yeah. I never go through a tank without fully researching it (exceptions are some on the russian line, because this tech-tree is so ridiculously convoluted, that I plan on researching some tanks on other tanks instead of the ones I already had). And with the 130, it is a lot better indeed. Plays a lot like a more sluggish version of the WZ-120, which makes me wonder what the point of this tank actually is. Beyond hull-down tanking, the 120 just beats it in every regard, imo. Bad luck seems to be glued to it for me at least though.

54 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Enh yeah. I never go through a tank without fully researching it (exceptions are some on the russian line, because this tech-tree is so ridiculously convoluted, that I plan on researching some tanks on other tanks instead of the ones I already had). And with the 130, it is a lot better indeed. Plays a lot like a more sluggish version of the WZ-120, which makes me wonder what the point of this tank actually is. Beyond hull-down tanking, the 120 just beats it in every regard, imo. Bad luck seems to be glued to it for me at least though.

Armor is more trolly on the 1-4 then the 120, I use it to fight meds, wiggling creates a lot of bounces.

The point of the 111 1-4 over the WZ-120 is that it fixes the two most miserable parts of the WZ - horrific turret bloom and miserable gun depression - while also adding in a lot of benefits. The bigger punch, far superior armor, and higher HP give it something to work with regardless of the situation.

To me, the WZ-120 is the tank with no point. Sure, it's faster and somewhat smaller, but that's about it, and it's not by a huge amount. You give up gun handling, comfort, firepower, and survivability for a comparatively small chunk of mobility - that's not a great trade to make.

10 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

To me, the WZ-120 is the tank with no point.

It's a crew issue for me... the wz120 is the best med in the line for tier and sadly you can't use a 59 / 34-3 crew in the 1111114.

31 minutes ago, Ezz said:

It's a crew issue for me... the wz120 is the best med in the line for tier and sadly you can't use a 59 / 34-3 crew in the 1111114.

Get 5 skills both!