Jump to content
Valachio

WZ-111 1-4

Recommended Posts

The old Bias-4 was still around until the spring of 2012, though.

Indeed, and that was the last time the E-75 had real competition for its position. Of course back then the third tier 9 was the poor, misunderstood T34...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Verdict for this tank in 2016? I can't seem to make it work fully, pulling 2.500 damages often, but loses out too much hp at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lockhart77 said:

Verdict for this tank in 2016? I can't seem to make it work fully, pulling 2.500 damages often, but loses out too much hp at times.

Still solid?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Often my go to 9. Tied with the heavily buffed T-10 for most versatile 9. Shitstomps when top tier, can hang and hurt the 10s in BT10&11. I have a replay from a few weeks back where Rexxie is playing the godawful type 4, we go 9 line on steppes and run into a triple IS7 platoon. I hulldown and heated that platoon into the ground with rexxie's support. Great tank, probably the best in the whole solid line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Often my go to 9. Tied with the heavily buffed T-10 for most versatile 9. Shitstomps when top tier, can hang and hurt the 10s in BT10&11. I have a replay from a few weeks back where Rexxie is playing the godawful type 4, we go 9 line on steppes and run into a triple IS7 platoon. I hulldown and heated that platoon into the ground with rexxie's support. Great tank, probably the best in the whole solid line.

Can I haz replay pl0x, I can't seem to nail the tank finer playstyle. Often exposing LFP without me realizing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

Can I haz replay pl0x, I can't seem to nail the tank finer playstyle. Often exposing LFP without me realizing it.

I'll try to post it on Monday when I get to the PC. In the meantime Marine kindly made a YouTube video of a solid WZ game, can be found in my replays thread. Learning how to be hulldown in -5 degrees RU turrets is a core skill in this game, worth your time investment.

Edit: don't settle for me when you can watch the best 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You also don't need to cover your ufp when doing -5 degree hulldown, unlike the RU meds; allowing for more hull down positions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.5.2016 at 10:47 AM, CraBeatOff said:

I'll try to post it on Monday when I get to the PC. In the meantime Marine kindly made a YouTube video of a solid WZ game, can be found in my replays thread. Learning how to be hulldown in -5 degrees RU turrets is a core skill in this game, worth your time investment.

Edit: don't settle for me when you can watch the best

 

Just wanted to say thanks. Am currently grinding through the tank to get the 113 and am having a really hard time getting it to work. 39% WR at this moment (with roundabout 20 battles played it's too early to do a final verdict, but I can see a trend, when a trend happens), tank is completely upgraded except for the 130mm gun. Speed is there, armor is decent enough, the 100mm is sub-par on this tier (facing tens just way too often), but should still be good enough. But it just doesn't work for some reason and I don't get why. I hope watching your linked playing will change that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2016 at 4:51 PM, Madner Kami said:

Just wanted to say thanks. Am currently grinding through the tank to get the 113 and am having a really hard time getting it to work. 39% WR at this moment (with roundabout 20 battles played it's too early to do a final verdict, but I can see a trend, when a trend happens), tank is completely upgraded except for the 130mm gun. Speed is there, armor is decent enough, the 100mm is sub-par on this tier (facing tens just way too often), but should still be good enough. But it just doesn't work for some reason and I don't get why. I hope watching your linked playing will change that.

Gun makes a huge difference. I hated the 100mm on pretty much all the Chinese tanks that equip it. I re-bought the WZ to put my next girl crew in (only have one so far, rip) and I am struggling, but three of the crew is only at 79%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

Gun makes a huge difference. I hated the 100mm on pretty much all the Chinese tanks that equip it. I re-bought the WZ to put my next girl crew in (only have one so far, rip) and I am struggling, but three of the crew is only at 79%.

Probably, but I find that pretty wierd. Thanks to going along the british line mostly first, I am used to having (relative to tier) low calibers. I grinded through the Tiger II using the 88/L71 over the 105mm and still enjoy the E75 with the 105mm gun, finding the 128mm gun useless. The 110's version of the 100mm, I prefer over a 122mm option, precisely because it is more flexible and accurate than the 122mm of (closest comparable tank) the IS3. It just baffles me, that I can't get this tank to work in this configuration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Probably, but I find that pretty wierd. Thanks to going along the british line mostly first, I am used to having (relative to tier) low calibers. I grinded through the Tiger II using the 88/L71 over the 105mm and still enjoy the E75 with the 105mm gun, finding the 128mm gun useless. The 110's version of the 100mm, I prefer over a 122mm option, precisely because it is more flexible and accurate than the 122mm of (closest comparable tank) the IS3. It just baffles me, that I can't get this tank to work in this configuration.

Yeah idk, on paper the 100mm should be fine, but in practice it left me baffled on the meds and the 110. I free xp'd the 130mm on the 1-4 because I knew by that point the 100mm wasn't for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

Yeah idk, on paper the 100mm should be fine, but in practice it left me baffled on the meds and the 110. I free xp'd the 130mm on the 1-4 because I knew by that point the 100mm wasn't for me.

Am thinking about doing just that, but sinking ~2.5k gold in that is kind of an unpleasent prospect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Madner Kami said:

Am thinking about doing just that, but sinking ~2.5k gold in that is kind of an unpleasent prospect.

I can't remember how much xp it was. Is it that much? It really transforms the tank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

I can't remember how much xp it was. Is it that much? It really transforms the tank.

66k XP, of which I currently have about 25k available (grinded+free XP). So it's more like 1.5k gold needed by now. Still, unpleasent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

66k XP, of which I currently have about 25k available (grinded+free XP). So it's more like 1.5k gold needed by now. Still, unpleasent.

oof, yeah I don't blame you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

66k XP, of which I currently have about 25k available (grinded+free XP). So it's more like 1.5k gold needed by now. Still, unpleasent.

Are you using the 2x xp boosts?

I've recently maintain 35k - 40k xp per two hour session (mainly solo) using those, while rarely making convincing plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Are you using the 2x xp boosts?

I've recently maintain 35k - 40k xp per two hour session (mainly solo) using those, while rarely making convincing plays.

You mean personal reserves? Nope. There's little point in doing that, when I constantly end up with 1.1k DPG and stop playing the tank after 3 or 4 games. Dailies are being done, of course, as I want to get to the 113 as soon as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Double-XP'd as many tanks as I can stomach to get FreeXP, converted XP for the rest. 130 bought. Average damage per shot? 443. Average damage per game so far? 300. The tank is cursed. :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

You mean personal reserves? Nope. There's little point in doing that, when I constantly end up with 1.1k DPG and stop playing the tank after 3 or 4 games. Dailies are being done, of course, as I want to get to the 113 as soon as possible.

Oh don't do that, if you run through the 1-4 without ever using the 130mm you are missing out on a really fun setup.

 

ETA: Oh I see you got it, give it a few matches to get used to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

Oh don't do that, if you run through the 1-4 without ever using the 130mm you are missing out on a really fun setup.

 

ETA: Oh I see you got it, give it a few matches to get used to it.

Enh yeah. I never go through a tank without fully researching it (exceptions are some on the russian line, because this tech-tree is so ridiculously convoluted, that I plan on researching some tanks on other tanks instead of the ones I already had). And with the 130, it is a lot better indeed. Plays a lot like a more sluggish version of the WZ-120, which makes me wonder what the point of this tank actually is. Beyond hull-down tanking, the 120 just beats it in every regard, imo. Bad luck seems to be glued to it for me at least though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Enh yeah. I never go through a tank without fully researching it (exceptions are some on the russian line, because this tech-tree is so ridiculously convoluted, that I plan on researching some tanks on other tanks instead of the ones I already had). And with the 130, it is a lot better indeed. Plays a lot like a more sluggish version of the WZ-120, which makes me wonder what the point of this tank actually is. Beyond hull-down tanking, the 120 just beats it in every regard, imo. Bad luck seems to be glued to it for me at least though.

Armor is more trolly on the 1-4 then the 120, I use it to fight meds, wiggling creates a lot of bounces.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The point of the 111 1-4 over the WZ-120 is that it fixes the two most miserable parts of the WZ - horrific turret bloom and miserable gun depression - while also adding in a lot of benefits. The bigger punch, far superior armor, and higher HP give it something to work with regardless of the situation.

To me, the WZ-120 is the tank with no point. Sure, it's faster and somewhat smaller, but that's about it, and it's not by a huge amount. You give up gun handling, comfort, firepower, and survivability for a comparatively small chunk of mobility - that's not a great trade to make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

To me, the WZ-120 is the tank with no point.

It's a crew issue for me... the wz120 is the best med in the line for tier and sadly you can't use a 59 / 34-3 crew in the 1111114.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ezz said:

It's a crew issue for me... the wz120 is the best med in the line for tier and sadly you can't use a 59 / 34-3 crew in the 1111114.

Get 5 skills both!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...