Valachio

WZ-111 1-4

Having had a good night of sleep and taking it out for a few spins today, it got better. I still consider it cursed though, because the teams it attracts, are just rotten. Steppes. Enemy is cornered into A9. Meanwhile, two thirds of my team sit at G0 and do... something. I die, predictably, because even though I bounced a shitload of IS7- and T34-fire, my luck couldn't hold forever. The moment I die and start to rant at these #$§&%s, they move up and finish the job. Fuck me...

Also, decided to take 10 HE shells with me. Never going to use all 25 regular+10 premium shells in a normal battle and sinking the 640 average into the plenty Grilles around, is just too lovely.

P.S.: It's amazing how well the armor works today, so close after the patch... I wonder why... And how long it will stay that way...

Hey. 

bought it a while ago, and still not use what Consumables I should use.

Setup:

rv74x25m.jpg

I tried no Medkit, aswell as not AFE. however i burned quite frequently and the commander died several times too.

anyway, even though i perform very good for my level(even better than in my Conq), sometimes this tank just fucks me. like the consumable question. if i use no AFE, burn with 1 shot in the side. Or getting hit from a T49 while crossing pilsen to 0-Line - 150dmg and dead commander. cya JOAT :/

Not to mention those ammorack issues, losing health(and ammoracks...) against T7 scouts through LFP + the derpy gun with tendency to lowroll (once shot 16/13/4... and you score 3 hits and dmg counter tells you you did 1280 dmg or cant kill the 420 HP guy...fml)

To sound not too whiny, here 2 aces

6k Dmg,9frags+1659 Base XP:wao:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2751958#arctic_region-soulsouljah-wz-111_model_1-4

6,2k Dmg +1MoE

http://wotreplays.com/site/2757454#murovanka-soulsouljah-wz-111_model_1-4

btw has someone a direct comparision to the T-10? played it as as IS-8 + was my first T9, so cant really compare them. but i guess the T-10 has a small advantage nowadays.

Recently grinded through the T10 and bought back the WZ, 3 marked both in little more than 100 games with roughly equivalent damage. However, there were some noticable differences in gameplay. Ran both with food and three skilled crews with BIA. Burned maybe two or three times for every 100 games in both tanks.

Turrets are practically identical, bigger cupolas on the WZ are hit as often as the overmatch roof on the T10 if both tanks are juking, and the shot trap on the WZ is hit only a little more often than the mantlet weakspot on the T10. However, the WZ's turret is much more resistant to heatspam.

The hull armour is significantly better on the WZ imo, and is probably what led to my 0.81 armour efficiency on the WZ compared to my 0.74 on the T10. The half pike of the WZ makes poking corners a lot easier than on the T10 since the enemy doesn't get a flat pike to shoot at. The same goes for sidescraping potential, as the pike of the WZ when sidescraping is roughly 215 effective compared to the T10's 180 effective. Not a huge difference, but it makes bullying Tier 8s much easier in most brawling zones. Sure, the T10 has a wicked reverse sidescrape, but I only got to do that a couple of times over the course of 100+ battles as it is too situational.

The T10 probably has a small performance in the gun department, but don't underestimate the alpha advantage of the WZ which allows it to trade significantly better against the common 390-400 alpha tanks. Also the WZ has a much better round capacity, got a Fadins medal in my T10 thanks to its low capacity and higher rof. Still, most unicums tend to prefer the better handling russian gun as it leads to less frustration when RNG decides to take a dump on you.

Neither tank was particularly prone to module damage from my experience, just the usual dead drivers from lfp shots and ammo racks behind parts of the pike nose.

Just finished the grind through to the 113. It was my first tier 9 and I was terrible at first, but fortunately it's not the hardest tank to learn. It helped me figure out how to deal with low gun depression: find the shallow terrain, wait for enemy reloads or turret rotations, wait for enemy mistakes. It was amusingly common for other vehicles to peek over ridges into the gun. 

I'm going to move my only Chinese heavy crew to the 113, but the 1-4 has a fun gun and will go on my "buy this back in the distant future" list. 

Would it be worth it to re-buy this thing? Only problem is that i dont have crew...and i will start to play 113 for T-44-100, so i cant take its crew. 

9 hours ago, Stige said:

No reason to keep this I think if you have the 113 already?

Alpha, front mounted turret, and Tier 7 games.

I only have the moneys for one right now and have to make a hard choice:

Should I rather take this or the WZ-120 first? Which one is the better tank in your opinion? I am trained in both fields, the Heavium as well as the Communist Wedge department, so I have no preferences.

I believe the 111-1-4 leads to the better Tier 10, right?

I take back what I said, WHY WOULD YOU NOT KEEP THIS THING?!

Only played 5 games so far but jesus, this thing is a fuckin beast at T9.
Have to sacrifice my Type 59 crew for 113 probably...

Finish this tank and i can't even say it was a "grind" this was a breeze to go through. Speed is godlike at 50kph and easy to reach, 490 alpha on this platform is great, armor is enough to bully, it’s really not a heavy heavy.

1 hour ago, DHP said:

Finish this tank and i can't even say it was a "grind" this was a breeze to go through. Speed is godlike at 50kph and easy to reach, 490 alpha on this platform is great, armor is enough to bully, it’s really not a heavy heavy.

Coming from the IS-3 I'm probably spoiled, but WZ-111 1-4 sessions can be frustrating from the simple fact of how unforgiving the tank is.

Shots from the side very often track you and damage your ammorack, which leads me to want to run double repair kits; but the fire problem from the weak fuel tanks makes that equally risky. Dropping medkits is also not an option due to how fragile the commander is.

It's quite good for bullying when you get to rush panicked low tiers, but where both sides are fighting with their brains turned on your lower plate makes it hard to minimise damage - almost to the point when I'd say that the IS-3 is better for bullying than the WZ.

I want to like the heavium concept and in practice this tank is fine as long as you fight mediums at close range, but it does feel a bit more limiting when shoehorned in the traditional heavy role. The IS-3 while similar, performs well as both a medium-killer and a  ferocious brute of a heavy. 

For some reason I feel that the IS-3 firing full APCR is more comfy than this tank, even in Tier 9 games. I hope they get around to buffing both 111's lower plates now that the 112 is also getting a big upgrade.That will at least make fighting low tiers less of a crapshoot.

I run double repair kits on this, my first fire was like 40 games in and the only fire so far.

The ammo rack seems to break atleast twice every single fuckin game though... Makes me think Safe Stowage might be required because even those low tier scouts tend to break it with frontal shots...

4 minutes ago, Stige said:

I run double repair kits on this, my first fire was like 40 games in and the only fire so far.

The ammo rack seems to break atleast twice every single fuckin game though... Makes me think Safe Stowage might be required because even those low tier scouts tend to break it with frontal shots...

Safe Stowage is not enough, unfortunately.

On October 30, 2016 at 1:10 PM, ProfessorMunroe said:

What the heck is needed for MoE on this?  I'm at 82.14% with 2785 dpg and 700 apg after 98 games. o_0

Having just literally ground out the second mark on this today, I've found that you need a bit under 4k total shot and spot on average, give or take a few hundred.

3 marks hovers from 4100 - 4400, similar to most tier 10s. Too many purples and too few reds driving this tank, skewing the moe% way up.

I wonder  if 111 1-4 is gonna get some buffs to armor in the future, as it is basically the same chassis as 111?

On 15.11.2016 at 2:58 PM, Felicius said:

I wonder  if 111 1-4 is gonna get some buffs to armor in the future, as it is basically the same chassis as 111?

Really hope so, lower plate is utter shit.

On 11/20/2016 at 6:31 PM, CandyVanMan said:

Really hope so, lower plate is utter shit.

the LFP is a balance factor of the WZ-111 1-4, either hide behind some terrain or going hulldown (be creative!), or get in their face (and risk something like a Type 4 just shooting downwards on you)

9.17 new overmatch mechanics might be buff the armor slightly tho

15 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

the LFP is a balance factor of the WZ-111 1-4, either hide behind some terrain or going hulldown (be creative!), or get in their face (and risk something like a Type 4 just shooting downwards on you)

9.17 new overmatch mechanics might be buff the armor slightly tho

The new overmatch mechanics will be a nerf to derpy tanks though as often overmatch was the reason idiotic snapshots with them went in

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

The new overmatch mechanics will be a nerf to derpy tanks though as often overmatch was the reason idiotic snapshots with them went in

I used way too much HEAT on 1-4 to feel the difference.

With 25 mm turret roof it can engage high box tanks safer from now on.

14 minutes ago, Felicius said:

I used way too much HEAT on 1-4 to feel the difference.

With 25 mm turret roof it can engage high box tanks safer from now on.

It's funny since after the overmatch change heat will make way more sense. Still I assume when you know you are fighting lightly armored tanks you don't load Heat. It will suck to bounce on an autoloader due to new rules and die for it. 

Though I really think overmatch change sucks. It's an idiotic idea that will remove even more skilled play from the game. I'm starting to think they are not implementing sandbox but that 8bit mode they did once.