NavySnipers

What? How? Why?

mvszOtv.jpg

Candianguitar (the ST-I in front of me), somehow is so bad@aiming, he shot me. xD

How does this even happen? Was the front of my gun blocking the breach of his gun and somehow it ends up taking off 480 hp?

Although if this didn't happen, He probably would have killed the GW Panther, and denied me top gun that match. :P

Candianguitar (the ST-I in front of me), somehow is so bad@aiming, he shot me. xD

How does this even happen? Was the front of my gun blocking the breach of his gun and somehow it ends up taking off 480 hp?

I presume the after battle results lined up with this. I didn't think shooting guns did HP damage.

mvszOtv.jpg

Although if this didn't happen, He probably would have killed the GW Panther, and denied me top gun that match. :P

It would appear he hit your gun since you were busy poking him in naughty places with it.  You might want to check the after battle report to figure out if he was the one that damaged you; gun damage like that does not normally reduce hp, just module damage.

Perhaps your ST-1 buddy at G8 decided to shoot you for some reason. Having their usernames and tanks being ( almost ) the same perhaps you thought it was the guy ahead of you by mistake. Or invis-a-tanks. Aliens.

Perhaps your ST-1 buddy at G8 decided to shoot you for some reason. Having their usernames and tanks being ( almost ) the same perhaps you thought it was the guy ahead of you by mistake. Or invis-a-tanks. Aliens.

But the hit shows its coming from behind him, couldnt be his buddy at G8.

I have a theory. My bet is the "damage model" is set in a three-dimensional graph. Shells dissipate in a small distance so that, under normal circumstances, any shell that hits the tank at all will disappear before it hits the edge of the plane. In this circumstance, however, the shell is hitting the tip of the gun and looping through to the other side of the graph, thus hitting the back of your tank.

I see what you mean BeastMode707, but when has anything in WoT been consistent, especially in replays?

Secret beta test of their newest premium ammo: Homing Shells! (Homing part apparently works, targeting the correct tank? Needs a little more work...)

Secret beta test of their newest premium ammo: Homing Shells! (Homing part apparently works, targeting the correct tank? Needs a little more work...)

Proximity detector, goes for the nearest tank.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I sent in a support ticket but they've put it on hold (apparently they have a lot of tickets right now).

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/235537-shot-fired-backwards-and-resulted-in-team-damage/page__p__4433840#entry4433840

The theory that I find most plausible is this.

When he fired his shot, it hit the end of your gun, which was through his tank. The server realized that the shell had hit you and also saw the angle of impact as coming from behind you. This is because it hit the end of your gun from behind. The shell was going north, and impacted your tank. Logically, it must have impacted the part of your tank facing south, right? Well, that's what the server thinks anyway. So, it had the shell explode on the rear of your tank. Now, normally a shot at the gun will not take HP damage, but according to the server, the shell just hit the back of your turret, right? So, it impacted as it would if it were to be fired at the back of your turret (in my case killing my commander as well, hence how I knew it was him and not a tank with a shitload of camo).

This was explained by someone who replied to my thread and I think it makes the most sense. I'll see what support says.

It's the same with track shots.

When an enemy tank is driving directly towards you and facing you, a track penetration can still destroy tracks and deal damage, despite there being only tracks.

It would appear he hit your gun since you were busy poking him in naughty places with it.  You might want to check the after battle report to figure out if he was the one that damaged you; gun damage like that does not normally reduce hp, just module damage.

Replay pl0x.

Replay pl0x? 

http://wotreplays.com/site/216255#himmelsdorf-navysnipers-m103

From canadians pov:

http://wotreplays.com/site/216061#himmelsdorf-guest-st-i

Just from the pic it looks like his 122mm round #yoloed off your gun and somehow ricocheted backwards into your tank.

#canadaswag

I play using both the client and server crosshair, there are random occasions where the gun isn't pointing where you think it is.

E.G: You have your turret turning clockwise, but for some reason the turret is turning counter clockwise on the server, meaning that when you fire your shot will won't go anywhere where your gun is pointing, which i think is what happened there.

This is what happened, I'm 99% sure.

Yeah that happened to me once, cant help but notice the name of both your platoon-mates' names start with Canadia  =D

Similar case : 

Edit : I fail at spelling

Looks like you accidentally rammed him, not shot him. But I don't have the after action report to know... Just a thought tho

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I sent in a support ticket but they've put it on hold (apparently they have a lot of tickets right now).

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/235537-shot-fired-backwards-and-resulted-in-team-damage/page__p__4433840#entry4433840

When he fired his shot, it hit the end of your gun, which was through his tank. The server realized that the shell had hit you and also saw the angle of impact as coming from behind you. This is because it hit the end of your gun from behind. The shell was going north, and impacted your tank. Logically, it must have impacted the part of your tank facing south, right? Well, that's what the server thinks anyway. So, it had the shell explode on the rear of your tank. Now, normally a shot at the gun will not take HP damage, but according to the server, the shell just hit the back of your turret, right? So, it impacted as it would if it were to be fired at the back of your turret (in my case killing my commander as well, hence how I knew it was him and not a tank with a shitload of camo).

This was explained by someone who replied to my thread and I think it makes the most sense. I'll see what support says.

Looking at the replay, I concur with this. The barrel of your gun happened to be right on Canadian's gun when he fired, and the shot indicator noted it to be a shot from the rear. This is what WG gets for having barrels with no collision polys.

Already did. I told them our theory (as explained in one of my previous posts) and got this as a response.

Dear Grumpy_Turtle,

Thank you for your reply.

This is indeed what occurs, or sometimes the shell will ricochet and hit another area of the friendly tank, however the friendly gun stacked on another players gun is the cause of this issue.

Unfortunately this cannot be prevented while still allowing guns to pass through solid objects and we kindly ask for your understanding.

Our developers are aware oft this issue and are investigating possible fixes however at this time we must simply ask players to be more careful in these scenarios.

Should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.