Sign in to follow this  
Eagle_Peak

SU-152 perk or skill

Camo on all, Soviet TDs live and die by it. Once it reaches a 100% on the Commander, change it out for 6th sense. If you're planning on keeping that same crew in it, go for Deadeye on the gunner, CB on the driver, and Repairs on the loader. Considering that by the time you've got a damaged ammo rack, that would be the least of your worries, I wouldn't really advise taking off the camo skill. If you're going to move it on to the ISU and beyond, I would use the same, but switch out Deadeye for something like Designated Target to keep a target lit up for a couple more seconds, critical if you're aiming in on him and he's about to disappear.

For my su152:

Commander:Sixth sense, camo

Gunner:Camo, deadeye

Driver:Camo, clutch braking

Radio Operator: camo, situational awareness, 

Loader: Camo, safe stowage

For my su152:

This looks pretty good, however I'd take repairs before using deadeye.

For my su152:

Agree with everything ... but perhaps snapshot on gunner for 2nd perk

I disagree that camo should be first. While Soviet TDs do have loltrolly camo, it's camo is good inherently good enough that it can be relegated to second skill. I'd do 6th/repair then repair/camo as the first two skills. All turretless TDs need repair as the first skill; in a lot of cases, repair trained is the difference between getting permatracked, and not.

Why would you use snapshot on a non turreted TD?

All tanks count as having pseudo-turrets, so it does in fact reduce the bloom when you're rotating your tank.

All tanks count as having pseudo-turrets, so it does in fact reduce the bloom when you're rotating your tank.

That's what I thought and with the 152's large bloom it would IMHO be more useful than deadeye.

Deadeye would pay off in something like an autoloader or an E25 with a high ROF, but not so much with the slow firing 152 ... heck you'll one shot half the stuff you hit so whats the real purpose of a crit at that point ... better to make sure you hit them 1st.

It wouldn't affect bloom during vehicle rotation, only a Vertical Stabiliser affects that, but would affect bloom due to moving the gun within its traverse arc.

The usefulness of Snap Shot to a non turreted TD will depend on how wide your traverse arc is, the wider it is the less likely you are to have to move the hull, and so the more useful Snap Shot is going to be. 

If your gun regularly reaches the limits of its traverse arc then you will be taking hull traverse dispersion, which is far larger than gun movement dispersion and so the 7.5% reduction to gun movement dispersion from snap shot will have negligible effect compared to the total dispersion you are experiencing.