Deusmortis

I've finally lost it.

Rather dickish move on your part, Deus. :tongue:  But I can understand the frustration since I have felt it often enough. If you have to wade through seas of red players game after game, frustration builds up. Personally, I unleash it by cursing like a sailor in the chat. But to be honest if a massive teamkilling spree wouldn't get me banned, I would do those regularly. :$

As it is, I limit myself to taking out the trash when they commit offences that I consider worth a TK: repeated blocking/ramming, repeated team damage, ...

I will say this DeusMortis, as infuriating as it is for someone with your skills and knowledge of the game, imagine how it feels to be a guy trying to get better and faced with that same situation.  Being bottom tier in a match and looking at reds and oranges for the top 5 on your team, and knowing that it will be next to impossible for the bottom tanks to overcome a (CHA1*SIMP*PBKAC*OTTER*RELIC* ,,,,,,) platoon on the other side.  I just shut off inside and try and focus on killing what I can.  At least you have the hope of pulling off something glorious, I have the hope of getting a "GG" after a 3-15 stomping.

I have to say that I have seen a lot more of what you are describing though, guys who must auto die after 2 minutes to get in that many matches who spend more time typing than tanking.  It would be great if you could vote them off the island, but WGNA needs that cash.  It wouldn't be so bad if they would go hide and stay alive for a bit, at least from a morale standpoint.

EDIT:  I also prefer to play solo and only like platooning with my sons for quality tank time together.  Platooning with people you don't play with all the time can be disconcerting.

Well, after reading this, at least I know that the insurmountable losing streaks really can happen to even the best of us and not just scrubs like me. I hope your rage subsides and you make a return Deus, WoT is better with you in it.

Sounds like just another normal day on the SEA server to be honest...

If a relative scrub is allowed to cheer this, then count my cheers in.  So far my only "rage" event involved getting "distracted" and ramming a tier 1 with my T32 at full speed which ultimately resulted in his squishy demise, oops. 

The style of play is merely part of the issue.  I prefer the freedom to play whichever tier I want at whichever moment I want, regardless of the wishes of any other.  I prefer the freedom to choose whether or not to watch a fight until its end, or immediately bail to garage after death.  I prefer the freedom to grab two matches, take 10 minutes off to dick around on the internet, play a match, make food, play a match, etc., without forming platoons each time or expecting people to wait. 

This is part of why I don't platoon much and why I left my last clan (Toon).  I like to platoon, but not all the time.  When I start clam shopping again, I'll be looking for something a little different. 

Much respect for being a good that prefers to solo a lot, I do get tired of hearing platoon all the time if you want to be good. 

I understand how you feel about these type of players.  However, TK'ing doesn't help your team & isn't the answer.  I would agree with your decision to take a break from WOT.  This is a team based game with no restrictions on the quality of players.  If you can't play the game under the rules, you should quit.

A team based game you say? There is no team when you're surrounded by red players. There is only 29 other "humans" (and I use the term loosely); 15 of which you have to kill to win a match, because the other 14 will be too busy studying the lint in their bellybuttons. There is no team, because even if you attempt teamwork you will get shot down at every turn by your supposed "team".

The point that went straight over your head is this: just because this is a game is no excuse to turn into a blathering idiot the second you start it up. Unfortunately that is what most players seem to do; and defending their willful stupidity by stating "well just quit if you can't play by 'the rules'" isn't really a solution.

Besides, teamkilling a 45%'er doesn't hurt your team much at all - they would never attack or do a significant amount of damage, and they'd probably be spending the entire match safely sitting in a corner, so their hitpoints wouldn't be put to good use anyway, so you might as well do the non-sucky half of your team a favor and euthanize the dead weight.

I will say this DeusMortis, as infuriating as it is for someone with your skills and knowledge of the game, imagine how it feels to be a guy trying to get better and faced with that same situation.  Being bottom tier in a match and looking at reds and oranges for the top 5 on your team, and knowing that it will be next to impossible for the bottom tanks to overcome a (CHA1*SIMP*PBKAC*OTTER*RELIC* ,,,,,,) platoon on the other side.  I just shut off inside and try and focus on killing what I can.  At least you have the hope of pulling off something glorious, I have the hope of getting a "GG" after a 3-15 stomping.

I have to say that I have seen a lot more of what you are describing though, guys who must auto die after 2 minutes to get in that many matches who spend more time typing than tanking.  It would be great if you could vote them off the island, but WGNA needs that cash.  It wouldn't be so bad if they would go hide and stay alive for a bit, at least from a morale standpoint.

EDIT:  I also prefer to play solo and only like platooning with my sons for quality tank time together.  Platooning with people you don't play with all the time can be disconcerting.

Biggie, I kind of agree with you, but I think most of the people who want to get better are going to be found in the 48% and up range.  I really don't think the 45%ers have enough of a clue to even understand they are dragging a team down.  When I started, I was BAD, completely clueless and I still never dropped below 48%, I just don't understand how anyone with a pulse and a couple of braincells can manage to be a 42% player, unless they are disabled in some way. 

Lately when I see purples on the other team and the sea of red on mine, I just use the opportunity to try something out of the ordinary that I've always wanted to.  I know my impact on the game will be minimal one way or the other, so I'll try to learn something rather than try to win a futile game, that may mean engaging the purples directly, or going to some part of the map I normally don't.  I do confess some of those educational games have been shockingly short, often at the hands of regular posters here. 

My overall stats are yellow but my 60 day is much better. So do I get excluded from the category of being hated for being yellow?

platooning helps you keep your sanity.

I platooned 7 tier 10 matches yesterday and only won 1 of them.

i fully understand you, since 8.7 the amount of total failures on t10 is just stunning and the only way to keep my sanity is by simply not playing t10 for too long (3 games max some times -.-) 

IF teamkill would not be punished so heavy, i would teamkill over and over and over, every game (which is won) i would shoot the dark red scrubs, and all 35-42/43 failures would be tked anyway, i get more fun from teamkilling as losing coz some 41% IS7 moron still doesnt know the difference between front and side armor...

When I get really shit teamates (Im talking 15:5 in 4 minutes) for a few battle I start YOLO-ing to the max, just to show the MM who's the boss.

Lately when I see purples on the other team and the sea of red on mine, I just use the opportunity to try something out of the ordinary that I've always wanted to.  I know my impact on the game will be minimal one way or the other, so I'll try to learn something rather than try to win a futile game, that may mean engaging the purples directly, or going to some part of the map I normally don't.  I do confess some of those educational games have been shockingly short, often at the hands of regular posters here. 

Now this I love. Slightly derailing Deus's rage, but what the hell ...

This is a great idea. Try something new that 99% of the time I just wouldn't do. That doesn't mean go all stupid. But trying a different part of the map, trying to use your tank in a different fashion (maybe instead of being that frontline brawler try being the second line support), whatever, use the opportunity to experiment. It might actually work out. I have, one in a hundred chances, actually out-maneuvered and out-damaged a 3-purple platoon. Those are the screenshots I save. And by trying something new you never know what might happen. At worst the purples roll your team as expected, but you've learned something, either a definite 'to do' or a definite 'never do'. And at best that new thing you've just experimented with gives you the unexpected win and a new lease on life on that map, something you can use forever more.

I'm gonna +1 this.

Asking again:

Did you get banned?

I've had feelings like that this morning: not even getting a 60% win rate so far, and I keep ending up in couldn't-carry-hard-enough matches.  I've lashed out several times verbally, but I'm yet to throw shots at my teammates.

This is exactly how I prefer to play too. I'm usually watching or doing something on another monitor during/between matches. It's hard to watch a show or listen to music while you're in TS and people are expecting you to communicate, lol.

It's really unbelievable how bad at the game the player base is. I try to help in chat by explaining things (like why we're losing, what we need to do to still win) but I either get the "stfu noob" treatment or no one responds. It's like people don't even read in-game chat. They're so tunnel-visioned on playing bad that they can't be bothered.

^ & every time I see some fucktard on the EU forum ask for a no-chat mod I copy & paste my standard boilerplate "This is why you never win" pronouncement at them.

"Please, hobble my chances more by removing the one way to communicate with my team! For I am so unbelievably good/sociopathic that any comment directed towards me will result in a hailstorm of badly spelled injunctions to 'n00bz n0t tellz ME how to PLEY!11ONe!!1"

& I'm not talking about the lone-warrior mystical ninja unicorns either, I'm talking about solidly orange people with eight thousand games. I mean, people used to shout at me ALL THE TIME, & you know what I did? I listened, because I clearly didn't know what I was doing. What I did not do was fling my rattle out the pram like some over-entitled spoiled progeny of a superstar rock'n'roll singer. I mean, people keep calling you names. So, you either listen to their advice or... Let's see, put one's fingers in one's ears & go "LALALAALALA". 

Which is why I'm now solidly average.

Ahem. Anyway. Sorry. Personal peccadillo.

PS: Also, re-reading it, I'm struck by just how funny that opposing E75's attempts to do remedial Latin were, whilst all this maiming was going on. 

3k damage draw in a Hellcat last night, came down to my last shell against the last one shot lone122-44, with a 27K battle 41% arty that can't hit for shit and a bloodred IS-2 that left the game half way through. Fuck all of you reds, fuck all pubbies, I fucking hate this game

I can relate to your feelings but not to your actions.   When my teenage son starts to sound like that, which means below his maturity level, I keep telling him it is a game, nothing but a game.  It is what it is and if you can't handle it - Don't play.  Maybe that is the right thing for you to do.  Either that or pray for skill based MM, one way to save you from the sea of unwashed sub-green.

I sure hope your coping skills are more developed in other areas of your life.  There is nothing to praise in your behavior, no matter what your skill level is.

It's too bad you can't report people for bad play.

Although the workload implications of that for this game... just staggering. I'd hate to be CS if they actually had to do something about it, lol.

I'm at the point now that if I start to get really upset, I just stop playing. I apologize to my platoon mates, and log off. I simply say, "I don't want to play anymore." 

Because sometimes, I just don't.

To be honest I've gotten to the point that if people block my ISU in any way, they get one warning, after that they get dead. Usually only have to do it once per match to convince people that blocking a non-turreted TD is Not A Good Thing.

I'm just in the process of leaving the lands of the scrublords myself, but I find it scary how this game changes people.

When I started I was convinced to never TK. Nor did I troll in in game chat. Now after more than 5k battles I have started trolling absolute scrubbies (@ base camping russian heavies: "IS stronk sniper tenk?" and so on). And I started shooting back if I get shot. That made me discover that some pubbies think they are special: They shoot me (I think it is an accident with their track pads) but if I shoot them back only once they start to kill me...

The saddest thing is when I am "Moses" in T7 games though. This happens quite often too. :tongue:

My friends have found that I have become more trollish in game.
I need to get rid of those habits.

No matter how you justify it, I will forever believe that team killing is wrong.

I agree.  Also, not trying to justify it. 

Did you get banned?

Nope.  Turned blue.  But it appears that the 5 kills and 4k damage that followed the TKs was enough to make me not-blue the next game. 

I understand how you feel about these type of players.  However, TK'ing doesn't help your team & isn't the answer.  I would agree with your decision to take a break from WOT.  This is a team based game with no restrictions on the quality of players.  If you can't play the game under the rules, you should quit.

You're right.  It doesn't help the team, and it isn't the answer.  Feels damn good though.  Sadly, the rules which we must play under don't prevent people from being completely useless burdens to their teams.  That Lorraine, who called my wrath down upon himself?  The 700 average damage he does in his tier 9 med has harmed scores of teams.  Every time he joins a game, he's forced 14 random people to pick up his slack, or suffer the loss.  That level of shit play is every bit as rude and disrespectful as a TK.