Deusmortis

I've finally lost it.

Hmmm, could you sort of describe what was so particularly courageous? 

It's a joke, like he did something extremely noble and heroic. I'm just saying I usually restrain myself/am too much of a coward to TK the shi*lords that basicially end up being worse then afk, as they block you/ram you/shoot you/basically cause you as much trouble as possible. 

I agree.  Also, not trying to justify it. 

Nope.  Turned blue.  But it appears that the 5 kills and 4k damage that followed the TKs was enough to make me not-blue the next game. 

You're right.  It doesn't help the team, and it isn't the answer.  Feels damn good though.  Sadly, the rules which we must play under don't prevent people from being completely useless burdens to their teams.  That Lorraine, who called my wrath down upon himself?  The 700 average damage he does in his tier 9 med has harmed scores of teams.  Every time he joins a game, he's forced 14 random people to pick up his slack, or suffer the loss.  That level of shit play is every bit as rude and disrespectful as a TK. 

Ahhh, much more reasonable.  I'm not Green, but I want to get better, slow uphill climb for me.  There's not much excuse for those that only want to camp, snipe or YOLO with no concept of the game play.  Still what can you do?  

1) Seriously get skill based MM in the game and Uni's won't play potatoes very often.  Sure you wait longer  but hopefully less rage.

2)  Tiered server access, where players are loaded based on skill (I know, what is a fair measure?).   Move up or down like some sports league ladder systems.

3) Pay to Play for the serious players, again segmenting the player base by making you buy into the better player pool.  The worst players wouldn't continue in the paying group as getting whupped and paying for it is either dumb or analogous to most toll roads. :)

4) Only play in events where at least you can control the team composition.

Edit: double post in a single post... all inception like... FTFY - Moonlight

I have the exact same opinion on platooning Deus. I'll get up every 20 minutes to finish some other task or get food and platooning just restrains me on that part.

I hate pubs just as much as you but damn, to have super bad teams like that excessively. I guess it's why I platoon.  So when I light half their team up I know at least 2 people will at least shoot them unlike half the team who probably don't even en have their minimap enabled.  

The mask of civility cracked.  I had a Shan Yu moment, and the pubbies finally got to meet the man. 

I clearly stated my intent:  to kill anyone under 45%.  A pubbie challenged me to try, and thus became my target.  His platoonmate tried to exact revenge, but 44 is as 44 does, so his shot missed.  Mine did not.  Two teammates down, and you know what?  It felt fucking amazing.

As bad@tanks as I am, even I understand the feeling. At least I *try* to improve and win games. I've been on that edge several times, myself.

The style of play is merely part of the issue.  I prefer the freedom to play whichever tier I want at whichever moment I want, regardless of the wishes of any other.  I prefer the freedom to choose whether or not to watch a fight until its end, or immediately bail to garage after death.  I prefer the freedom to grab two matches, take 10 minutes off to dick around on the internet, play a match, make food, play a match, etc., without forming platoons each time or expecting people to wait. 

Although I pretty much prefer to play straight through and do as many games as possible in the shortest amount of time possible I've found there are basically 2 types of platoons that I enjoy:  play4fun platoons where we are on TS and BS, laugh, talk, and berate one another for our shortcomings with very few cares about the overall outcome of our win rate and semi-serious platoons where there's no TS and everyone in the platoon pretty much just solo pubs and maybe supports one another if they need to.  Serious platoons with TS I'm not a fan of as it usually tends to make me play my tanks in ways that I'm not comfortable with and then I suck.

3k damage draw in a Hellcat last night, came down to my last shell against the last one shot lone122-44, with a 27K battle 41% arty that can't hit for shit and a bloodred IS-2 that left the game half way through. Fuck all of you reds, fuck all pubbies, I fucking hate this game

Yeah that was a frustrating match.  I wish I had been a bit more cautious when I went back tot he south to advance.  I think i saw that one of their su-122-44s had started to head west a bit, but it just didn't register as a valid threat for some reason.  That himmelsdorf battle was a crushingly disappointing loss as well.  Fucking pubs.  That match on Fjords though was a well fought battle and could have gone either way.  Well played SIMP T-54s

We're not allowed to promote main forum trolling but we are allowed to document our TKing sprees ?   :beard:

Not the official word on the subject, but main forum trolling causes bad blood between wotlabs and wargaming.  TK sprees cause bad blood between a player (Deus), a handful of butthurt shitlords, and possibly wargaming (not that they'd be bothered to investigate TK anyways since the automated system is working as intended).

just stop camping scrub

kraft n me be yoloing, and you're in a1 corner doing nothing h4h4h4

That is one thing that can be tough in platoons...adjusting to the playstyles of our platoon mates.  I'm not a super aggressive player (but I don't camp behind arty either) until I feel like the time is correct to be aggressive.  When I platoon with players that are significantly more campy than I am I need to induce my aggressiveness much earlier in the game, sometimes to the point where I end up derping due to lack of overall skill in being a highly aggressive player.  But if you have 3 players on team all being fairly campy and snipy it doesn't really help you out all that much.

Been there. Done that.

My 'turn blue' game was one in which I (deliberately) got pushed out of cover into the enemy guns.

Somehow I survived, returned and killed the git. (the pusher)

A bit later I was rushing towards cap in order to frantically shoot them enemies in our circle and I got shot from behind.

Killed the capper; then turned around and killed the 'ally'

-> blue

:(

Trying to avoid the 'red zone' ever since and thus far I succeeded.

The only time I've ever tked was a platoon of an amx40, m5 stuart, and a covenanter fail platoon themselves into a tier 8 match. The amx 40 announced during the countdown that he was going to exit. Our green jagdpanther II effectively  gave the amx 40 a "fuck you" by tking him before he could do so. I congratulated him on it, saying I would have done the same. The m5 suicouted  and then the covenanter came up behind my tiger and began shooting me. A few of the shots penned (thanks obama german steel) so a turned around and gave him what he earned. The match was a very narrow loss that would had been won if there had been even halfway competent players. Nothing you can do about it, really.

I can relate to your feelings but not to your actions.   When my teenage son starts to sound like that, which means below his maturity level, I keep telling him it is a game, nothing but a game.  It is what it is and if you can't handle it - Don't play.  Maybe that is the right thing for you to do.  Either that or pray for skill based MM, one way to save you from the sea of unwashed sub-green.

I sure hope your coping skills are more developed in other areas of your life.  There is nothing to praise in your behavior, no matter what your skill level is.

You sound like one of the targets of the OP's wrath. After 9k games you haven't figured out some simple things in this game? It is the high battle count potatoes that are ruining high tier play. You must be proud of your ability to fail your way through the game.

You sound like one of the targets of the OP's wrath. After 9k games you haven't figured out some simple things in this game? It is the high battle count potatoes that are ruining high tier play. You must be proud of your ability to fail your way through the game.

He's not. Being here alone shows the acknowledgment of ability to improve and influence the game. In a match, at least I can count on him to follow advise and directions unlike others.

He's not. Being here alone shows the acknowledgment of ability to improve and influence the game. In a match, at least I can count on him to follow advise and directions unlike others.

I have to disagree. Being here shows your ability to paste a URL. 

I took a week break because i was getting frustrated soloing.  

I platoon maybe once a week on average, but i prefer to play at my own pace and not have to wait for others as well.

Rage quit the last two nights after a low number of games.  Last two days i've had team after team of fails such to the point that all i could do was damage farm as half the team would be dead in 2 minutes.

I agree... At times it might not be the worst thing in the world to get banned to punish some of these godless couch fuck 40%s

LOL, like I said.  It's a game.  Yes I am trying to get better by being here.  Apparently your mind-reading skills don't line up with your gaming skills.  I thought the majority of the EPeen swinging was supposed to happen on the official forums.  Troll all you want, but raging isn't much of an effective answer to any situation.  

I can understand the aggravation, just don't understand why anyone would brag about a lack of self control.  

Any way, what was the added value of your post again?

Important psychological element:

Focus on what you can affect.

You can't affect the reds, you can't make them play better, listen to advice, or stop licking their PC monitor because it says Windows.

You can only affect you.  If in a totally honest assessment the loss is out of your control (and that will happen sometimes, which is why no-one can solopub 100% wr), then let it go.  It'll happen.  Sometimes it'll even happen in streaks due to the pure quirks of probability.  (even if you do win 90%, then over enough runs of 100 games all 10 of your losses will happen together eventually).

Bitch at them in chat for catharsis, but realise that it won't do anything and move on once you've done some swears to get it out of your system.

I can relate to your feelings but not to your actions.   When my teenage son starts to sound like that, which means below his maturity level, I keep telling him it is a game, nothing but a game.  It is what it is and if you can't handle it - Don't play.  Maybe that is the right thing for you to do.  Either that or pray for skill based MM, one way to save you from the sea of unwashed sub-green.

I sure hope your coping skills are more developed in other areas of your life.  There is nothing to praise in your behavior, no matter what your skill level is.

Steve you earned a neg for that,

Do I condone Deus' actions? No, but boy do I understand why he hit that wall. 

Many players don't see obvious things that will win the match. It astounds me how many will adamantly REFUSE to do them when they're politely pointed out to them. It astounds me even more when they can't even manage simple things like "sit on cap" without screwing them up.

If your red at tier 10 you have done something way wrong, you shouldn't even be playing at that tier I thought the massive repair bills and ammo bills would rape your wallet and force you to tier down and earn more cash to fuel your habit.

You have the right to kill those reds, you know they are not contributing to the team you can't trust them to hold a position or act reasonable all they are doing is feeding the enemy team, but i rather bear with them and force them to be meat-shields because pubbies are good at eating shots if their going to hide behind you then kill them....

Death to the Reds!    

LOL, like I said.  It's a game.  Yes I am trying to get better by being here.  Apparently your mind-reading skills don't line up with your gaming skills.  I thought the majority of the EPeen swinging was supposed to happen on the official forums.  Troll all you want, but raging isn't much of an effective answer to any situation.  

I can understand the aggravation, just don't understand why anyone would brag about a lack of self control.  

Any way, what was the added value of your post again?

I don't think you do understand the aggravation, because you haven't had the experience of trying to carry a team to a win. You are the one who needs to be carried. Sorry, but if after 9000 games, you cannot lift yourself out of red, you are part of the problem the OP outlined.

OP was not trying to "brag", as you put it. He was putting into words the frustration good players feel when surrounded by players like, well, you on their team. 

I will say this DeusMortis, as infuriating as it is for someone with your skills and knowledge of the game, imagine how it feels to be a guy trying to get better and faced with that same situation. Being bottom tier in a match and looking at reds and oranges for the top 5 on your team, and knowing that it will be next to impossible for the bottom tanks to overcome a (CHA1*SIMP*PBKAC*OTTER*RELIC* ,,,,,,) platoon on the other side. I just shut off inside and try and focus on killing what I can. At least you have the hope of pulling off something glorious, I have the hope of getting a "GG" after a 3-15 stomping.

I have to say that I have seen a lot more of what you are describing though, guys who must auto die after 2 minutes to get in that many matches who spend more time typing than tanking. It would be great if you could vote them off the island, but WGNA needs that cash. It wouldn't be so bad if they would go hide and stay alive for a bit, at least from a morale standpoint.

EDIT: I also prefer to play solo and only like platooning with my sons for quality tank time together. Platooning with people you don't play with all the time can be disconcerting.

You know, when I'm top tier and I see an enemy bottom tier, sometimes even stock, fighting with skill (don't have XVM, so purely based on that battle) while their top tiers are dicking around in the back, I will actually let them do some damage to me because I'm sorry for them. Yes, I know I'm weak of heart :(