Blue_Badger

Abbey in 7/42. Tactics?

Wasn't entirely sure where to ask this but settled for here.

I have begun FCing for my clan for 7/42, companies etc. For our skill we're pretty darn good at 7's but there is one map which I get stomped on every time we face a mobile, skilled team. Abbey.

We usually run 3 regular heavies (IS3, T32, T29), a max of two auto loaders (50,100 and T69 mostly) and two scouts (T1's or BT2's, hence the T29's). We have only 2 AMX 1390 drivers in the clan and their not always on. Of/c the autoloader number vary, with the regular heavies taking their place. We never run TD's.

Static teams we can beat but those who rush the base while proxy spotting our usual position on the cliff overlooking the base are a tough challenge. I have tried mixing it up with various tanks in base or abbey to slow them down and spot but little works effectively. 

What are your favourite tactics on this map and what would you recommend trying?

My favourite map as FC  =D

map-abbey-1.jpg

Tenks ? Take whatever the fuck you like for 7v7 the majority of teams are terrible and decent players will just outclass them through tanking skill and cooperation regardless of tank composition , that being said dream team for me would be 2 T1s , 2 T32s , 2 Amx 50 100 , 1 Amx 13 90

The map has changed since that pic but it's pretty similiar , one of the T1s goes to the middle to spot anything going to the actual abbey and the other T1 goes D7 or F7 depending on which side you spawned 

The rest of your tanks go the 2 line to B3/H3 and you wait overlooking the mid/cap circle , 2 of the tanks probably heavies go to the corners slow a possible push on the 2 line and allow the other 2/3 tanks to turn and help from overlooking the base , then just focus fire and clean up 

If the other team pushed the middle the T1s try to survive while spotting tanks and if they die your best hulldown tank , pershing preferably goes to the slopes leading to the cap and just spots while the guys on the overlook reset and clean up 

If they push the 8 line the T1 will proxy spot them through the hill , the T1 in the middle comes back to the cap and gets in one of the bushes near the cap circle which is sufficient to stay hidden as long as he doesn't fire , the guys on the overlook reset 

If they push 2 line plus another line , T1s try to hide and all the guys on the overlook clean up the ppl pushing the 2 line first which will be pretty easy due to numbers advantage, then you go back to the overlook to reset the cap 

If they camp hard , just push 2 line while one T1 goes the 8 line comes up behind and tries to ninja cap and the guy in the middle does whatever the fuck he wants 

I'd also take a 13 90 in addition to the T1s to chase down the other teams scouts , if they have more than one 13 90 just push the 2 line 

7v7s do rely on having somewhat decent players though , that can reset tanks on the cap properly , focus fire and most importantly stay calm while the base is being capped too many players freak out when they hear that siren and just blindly rush back to the base 

BB COME BACK TO RANDUM BATTLES I MISS YOU <3 :(=( =(

sry4spam ( A man has emotions as well)

Will do Woot :) I miss you guys too.

My favourite map as FC  =D

map-abbey-1.jpg

Tenks ? Take whatever the fuck you like for 7v7 the majority of teams are terrible and decent players will just outclass them through tanking skill and cooperation regardless of tank composition , that being said dream team for me would be 2 T1s , 2 T32s , 2 Amx 50 100 , 1 Amx 13 90

The map has changed since that pic but it's pretty similiar , one of the T1s goes to the middle to spot anything going to the actual abbey and the other T1 goes D7 or F7 depending on which side you spawned 

The rest of your tanks go the 2 line to B3/H3 and you wait overlooking the mid/cap circle , 2 of the tanks probably heavies go to the corners slow a possible push on the 2 line and allow the other 2/3 tanks to turn and help from overlooking the base , then just focus fire and clean up 

If the other team pushed the middle the T1s try to survive while spotting tanks and if they die your best hulldown tank , pershing preferably goes to the slopes leading to the cap and just spots while the guys on the overlook reset and clean up 

If they push the 8 line the T1 will proxy spot them through the hill , the T1 in the middle comes back to the cap and gets in one of the bushes near the cap circle which is sufficient to stay hidden as long as he doesn't fire , the guys on the overlook reset 

If they push 2 line plus another line , T1s try to hide and all the guys on the overlook clean up the ppl pushing the 2 line first which will be pretty easy due to numbers advantage, then you go back to the overlook to reset the cap 

If they camp hard , just push 2 line while one T1 goes the 8 line comes up behind and tries to ninja cap and the guy in the middle does whatever the fuck he wants 

I'd also take a 13 90 in addition to the T1s to chase down the other teams scouts , if they have more than one 13 90 just push the 2 line 

7v7s do rely on having somewhat decent players though , that can reset tanks on the cap properly , focus fire and most importantly stay calm while the base is being capped too many players freak out when they hear that siren and just blindly rush back to the base 

This is similar to what we have tried although the scout placement is better. I never used to place them at D7/F7. I'll try this out for sure, cheers Buck. BTW, we have faced ZER0 a couple of times. We lost I think but it wasn't the clear cut win you'd expect ;)

What do I do if they make a rapid push through the middle, a T69 goes to C/H4 to proxy spot us, an AMX 50100 stays in the abbey to snipe and the rest bum rush the cap? The both AMX's keep us pinned and the IS3's cap fast. The team that did this was extremely coordinated.

Also do you boys mind if I pick your brains for some himmelsdorf pointers? We are largely undefeated on that map though we got trashed by  FIREX and  EFE-V teams. We could have beaten the FIREX boys but we were ill disciplined in a push and that allowed their autoloader to back off and reload. The good team seem to always employ some railway wizardry I can't counter too well.

Thanks all :)

Tenks ? Take whatever the fuck you like for 7v7 the majority of teams are terrible and decent players will just outclass them through tanking skill and cooperation regardless of tank composition 

My goal in 7/42 is to beat the other good teams, not farm bad ones, in which case tank composition becomes important again. 

That said, until we are able to see the next map in advance, the best composition is a flexible one: 1x 50 100, 2x other heavies, 1x medium (Pershing, T69, Object 416) and a 13 90, along with a pair of Cunninghams. 

Abbey is a great map for separating the wheat from the chaff. There is no 'best strat' so much depends on initial scouting and the ability to flex. It's also a map where Tier 1s can have an outsized effect on the outcome. In general, though, you are better off blobbing in one spot, at least initially, if you can cover blind spots with your scouts.