Rexxie

I Like the Jagdpanzer E-100

What angle do you angle it at? I feel like a ~40 degree would be good to make sure sides don't get penned but still make UFP like 280 effective

I've found good results by pretty much pointing the left or right front corner at the enemy.  To put it in perspective, E-100, if you were to turn the turret and aim the gun out and over the first wheel on either side of the track.  It's not gonna help you much with the super pen guns, but I have had some T57's, Obj. 704's and WT.PZ.IV's rage at me when they bounce against that angle.  Using the meltymath mod the numbers usually come up with 334/224.  I admit getting a small sense of joy when people fire at that angle bounce, fire again then panic as I continue to close in. 

It is about to get better relative to the smaller gunned TDs too (alpha nerf).

My biggest problem with putting up better damage is actually getting to the places where I can do damage as tanks either are dying too quick, or I get abandoned by the pubbies and can't flex fast enough to get where I need to be. This is mostly my problem, but 4k games are considered "okay" games with 6-8k "good" games and 8K+ games "awesome" games... If I get under 3K I consider it a flubbed game.

The JPZ = Awesomeness. :)

Going to be retraining my JPE100 skills; I know what I'm doing except for the gunner:

BiA, [snapshot | Designated Target ], Repair

Seems like DT wasn't highly regarded (at least at the start) . And yet Rexxie took it over snapshot, a bit surprised give the JPE100s bloom.

Thoughts?

Looking forward to the On Track event for this. Have my old 3+ skill JT crew from back when that was the end of the line.

Outfit it like so:

1bFKv9B.jpg

I could certainly do a review on RBS if there's some interest :)

Considering this is the next on-track tank, now would be a good time to do a full review.

Super fun tank. Not as bad in pubs as I had imagined it would be.

Buttering waffles with the HE is pretty spectacular when the match works out to give you that chance, lol.

Just joined the 17cm Landarty club :D

Is this TD good for trading shot around corners?

Somewhat. It's better to let other dupes take a hit when cornering and then follow their peek with a real boom. The LFP is E-100 and hence pretty weak, you want to avoid getting shot there because of German pyrotechnics.

Side-scraping works bit better thanks to the great side armour, long hull and rear-mounted gun.

Since this tank has such a long reload time, I've been toying with the notion of swapping out the GLD for a toolbox, but wanted to get the advice/opinions of others before I do so.  Is it feasible or is it just crazy talk?

The JE100 escaped the nerfs to hit other tier X TDs. Looks like that alpha will be more of an advantage than it used to be. Nothing worse than rolling lower than a E3/E4/268/155 when you go shot for shot.

The JPZ can also absorb an amazing amount of damage, which may be of more value now that there is less alpha out there hurling at it..

One thing I've done recently is swapped out my vents for superheavy spall. I've already had a few matches decided by the splash reduction - once was when a bat155 was trying to nail me down but could only hit me for 250 a pop, letting me live through the barrage and hardcarry. The second game was where I was at 50 hp facing down an E-75; he loaded HE to finish me off but couldn't actually manage to deal damage. Rip. Vents, on the other hand, have maybe decided one match ever...? Who even knows, the performance improvement is so miniscule that it's impossible to measure by games won.

One thing I've done recently is swapped out my vents for superheavy spall. I've already had a few matches decided by the splash reduction - once was when a bat155 was trying to nail me down but could only hit me for 250 a pop, letting me live through the barrage and hardcarry. The second game was where I was at 50 hp facing down an E-75; he loaded HE to finish me off but couldn't actually manage to deal damage. Rip. Vents, on the other hand, have maybe decided one match ever...? Who even knows, the performance improvement is so miniscule that it's impossible to measure by games won.

Interesting. May give it a try some time. Super-heavy Spall Liner is useful on arty magnets...

It is one of my most played vehicles the last weeks. When I first got it I had no clue what to do with it, had a crap 40% WR over 100 battles or so (I play solo pubs pretty much 95% of the time now) but after reading up a bit, watched some videos I finally feel not useles in this monster anymore.   

Working on my 4th crew skill set, that actually might help too.    I'm running vents, rammer and toolkit.   I will give the spall liner a try soon.

Since this tank has such a long reload time, I've been toying with the notion of swapping out the GLD for a toolbox, but wanted to get the advice/opinions of others before I do so.  Is it feasible or is it just crazy talk?

Totally worth it in my opinion.

I just got this tank two nights ago and have a 67% winrate in it thus far. I must say I am still trying to learn its nuances and finer playstyle points. Its armour is to die for, and the enemy literally does die due to it - I have gotten steel wall in almost every game played. My damage dealt is what I am looking to improve upon. The bounces are bordering on BL-10 levels, so I look to ensure the aim circle is fully tightened before unleashing, and obviously figuring out tier 10 weak spots thoroughly. The discussion about a toolbox is very valid. I currently ran Vents-Rammer-Binocs on mine. I get tracked so much in this thing due to angling and people not being able to pen me. However, mitigating that with a toolbox, which will slow the tank down (just like a spall liner would) and losing my 21.21 second reload time is a dilemma of heavenly proportions. I will play this way till I hit the 50 game mark, and switch for to a toolbox for the next 50 in order to evaluate.

That said, I love this tank (first tier 10). I've held corners and had 3-5 tanks scurrying and hiding from the boom stick. I can't make any comparisons to the other T10 Tds though. If this tank is considered one of the worst, then I am in for a great time in the near future.

As far as I know the toolbox and GLD will not noticably slow the JP down (they're both 100kg). The Heavy spal liner is a 1500kg, that's another story.

I guess there is something to say about every piece of equipement mentioned so far.  For me the binos will not work that much, I move a lot and started playing a more close range style. Just try 'm all out and go with what fits you best

I'm a total unitato in this. I've got some pretty good games in it, and many decent games too, but waaay too many potato games where I just get killed off without doing any damage. Having a much lower DPG in this thing than in my E100 bothers me.

My crew will soon start training their 4th skill, and I'll then re-train them to have BIA. I think that will help some with the poor gun handling I feel this thing has.
I'm currently running Rammer, GLD and Spall.